• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There is something that is seriously bothering right now.

My dad just told me a story of a little girl he's gonna sponsor. He says that the little girl has this. He told me that the little girl (2 years old) comes from an extremely poor family that can't treat her condition. They're so poor that they're reduced to sleeping on the floor. Not only that, but her father and cousins abuse her. It bothers me how cruel people can be in the world and how unfair it is to such innocent children.

I actually almost started tearing up at the story at how sad this girl's life is :urg:

RATED

Smash Lord
something is bothering me out, I need some help and I don't know about these things.

here it is:

I am 5'4 and I am 147.2 pounds. I want to drop 15 pounds or 20, but I don't know about those kinds of stuff. how much calories should I eat a day? or how much calories should I burn a day?
quoting myself is ******** I know but right now I am 143.1 pounds , I stopped drinking coca cola completely, doing walking for 50 minutes in a row and yesterday I started Jogging half of the 50 minutes( 25 minutes).

any suggestions? I want to get to 128 pounds. if I lost 4 pounds so fast so I can lose 15 pounds more with patience. Since I got told by one friend of mine that is studying nutrition that I can lose weight easily but gain weight easily too so that if I continue watching my eating patters, I can maintain myself.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It's not always gonna be this easy to lose 4 pounds. Just keep up a routine, and don't stop when you think it's being sucky. It's easy to get into bad habits. All I can say is move and watch your food for a while. Once you reach what you want, try to stay there.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Your body doesn't need so much sugar, drop the soda and drink strictly water. Obviously, things like Orange Juice are good because they provide . . . stuff you need (vitamins . . . I guess).

Run. Run on a treadmill or elliptical or something. It's SO hard for me but I started off at 10 minutes a day (-_- soo hard on 20 resistance, basically like hyperbolic time chamber). It helps me, I try to hold in my stomache (lol what stomache) note: I only weight 140. I'm just getting used to running so I can do track junior year and get fit.

-
just figured out my dad has been cheating on my mom. she's been suspicious for the longest but i've always been optimistic enough to think he wouldn't. i was wrong and i feel horrible. life sucks, especially if this ends up how i think it will, my siblings will be the ones suffering most.

RATED

Smash Lord
Your body doesn't need so much sugar, drop the soda and drink strictly water. Obviously, things like Orange Juice are good because they provide . . . stuff you need (vitamins . . . I guess).

Run. Run on a treadmill or elliptical or something. It's SO hard for me but I started off at 10 minutes a day (-_- soo hard on 20 resistance, basically like hyperbolic time chamber). It helps me, I try to hold in my stomache (lol what stomache) note: I only weight 140. I'm just getting used to running so I can do track junior year and get fit.

-
just figured out my dad has been cheating on my mom. she's been suspicious for the longest but i've always been optimistic enough to think he wouldn't. i was wrong and i feel horrible. life sucks, especially if this ends up how i think it will, my siblings will be the ones suffering most.
I don't own one of those machines but I run where I live. so that's kinda the same.

---------------

**** at that situation, my parents are divorced since I was like 4 o 5 ( I can't remember that much) but my dad cheated on my mom. So that I know how it feels.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
There is something that is seriously bothering right now.

My dad just told me a story of a little girl he's gonna sponsor. He says that the little girl has this. He told me that the little girl (2 years old) comes from an extremely poor family that can't treat her condition. They're so poor that they're reduced to sleeping on the floor. Not only that, but her father and cousins abuse her. It bothers me how cruel people can be in the world and how unfair it is to such innocent children.

I actually almost started tearing up at the story at how sad this girl's life is :urg:
That graphic is disgusting.

Where does this family live? She should be adopted into a real family, not her horrendous excuse for one.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sex robots problems should be addressed 1st :laugh:

But seriously cherry64 and sammy p, thats awful.

I don't know what I would do.....

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Ohmygoshhhh I'm so ill. I just need somewhere to vent as I don't feel like talking.

Been feeling terrible since wednesday. Headache, muscle pains, sore throat, no appetite and the worst cycling fever ever. Normally I recover in 24 hours or 48 hours at worst when I'm ill. This one is destroying me. Thanks to my 45 minute cycles of shivers and cold sweats I haven't managed more than 3 hours sleep in a row for almost 4 days now. I'm literally exhausted.

I got my exam results back yesterday and passed! Instead of celebrating or going out for dinner with my family or just being happy, I went to bed. Or at least attempted to; I got about 2 hours of sleep last night.

Why won't the antibiotics work :'(

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Stop eating meat.

In other news, I'm infuriated with my ex once again. Wtf? Why can't girls just be not dumb? >_<

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I happen to be a very religious person.

now, while i was eating lunch with some friends, well, i found out they're all either atheist or agnostic. That's fine with me since i don't like to judge by race or beliefs.

However, I do not like being judged either. I like being christian because the idea of a God makes me happy, but apparently to them being religious = stupidity :/

I tried just ignoring their comments but it starts to get really offensive once they go around giving the finger to a picture of Jesus yelling "smite me! smite me!" D:

also, i dont really want to leave them and find new friends since they're really nice and fun to hang out with. But they wont stop when i ask them to. =_=

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I happen to be a very religious person.

now, while i was eating lunch with some friends, well, i found out they're all either atheist or agnostic. That's fine with me since i don't like to judge by race or beliefs.

However, I do not like being judged either. I like being christian because the idea of a God makes me happy, but apparently to them being religious = stupidity :/

I tried just ignoring their comments but it starts to get really offensive once they go around giving the finger to a picture of Jesus yelling "smite me! smite me!" D:

also, i dont really want to leave them and find new friends since they're really nice and fun to hang out with. But they wont stop when i ask them to. =_=
I guess you have to ask yourself if they are even really your friends. True friends wouldn't behave in such a manner to each other... given the sensitive circumstances and the polite request from you to stop.

If they truly are kind people for the most part, then let them know how you feel when everyone is calm and not so fired up.

Just be sure to not try to convert them or anything...

I for one have the same sort problem... I'm an atheist in a christian world with people trying to convert me daily... >_>

Good luck with that :D

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Your friends sound like they're kind of jerks, but maybe they didn't realise they were so harsh. My group occasionally make jokes like that. One of my housemates is an evangelical Christian and another is an atheist.

<something bad happens>
A: Jesus Christ!
B: Hey, don't say that. It's disrespectful.
A: Sorry........................I meant sweet Mary.
B: :mad:
A: OMFG?

I probably shouldn't complete the rest of the conversation.

Of course, it was just joking (we like politically incorrect jokes) and he knows there is mutual respect between them so nothing was taken personally. If your friends can't be bothered to take your feelings into account and go so far as to make mean sweeping generalizations they know apply to you in front of your face, they are kind of pushing it. Perhaps they were joking too and didn't mean to offend as much as they did or it was a one-off event.

Personally, I'd forget it. If something like that happenned again though (with them already knowing I wasn't happy the first time), I would be pretty annoyed. I'd most likely lose a few friends after the resulting conversation :laugh:. I don't need much, but I expect friends to at least show a basic level of respect towards me when I speak to them.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
This problem isn't really my problem... but in a way it is VERY much my problem...

Two things are really bugging me right now.

1) One of my friends who I had always turned to for support and advice just recently lost a brother. It was kind of strange seeing someone who always helped me keep my head up so distraught. He was the guy I vented to and all... he seemed almost impervious to feeling pain. Anyway he has been keeping to himself and hasn't talked to anyone really. I'm not really sure what to say to be honest. He already has a throng of people sending him their regards. I feel like I really should say something meaningful though... :/

2) There is a guy that I know that I've pretty much have been a complete and utter jerk to. He's just been diagnosed with bone cancer, and is very sickly now. I feel a lot of guilt for what I've done to him... especially with the suffering he must go through now. I want to extend my goodwill to him... but I feel like doing so now may insult him more than anything...

It would appear like I am only sorry for what I've done because he is sick... and to a point... I am very much so guilty of this.

Any thoughts would be great... though I feel a lot better venting this out.

Reizilla

To the one who helps you, just go and be there for support. Unless the both of you are religious, you'll be hard pressed to find the magic words to say. I think the best thing to do is just be around, showing you care and perhaps being an emotional foundation at times.

To the one you're a jerk to, say sorry. Maybe say you've realized you've been too much of a jerk and now's as good a time as any to make it up?

Not so sure on that second one...

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Everybody deals with death in their own way. The best you can do is be there for him. Other than your condolences, there's nothing you can truly say. For lots of people it's enough to just hear their friends say that. Just be there if he needs somebody to talk to or when he's ready for things to get back to ''normal'' and do the normal friend things.

For the second guy, you should first ask yourself: do you want to say sorry to make yourself feel better or to make him feel better (nothing wrong in either answer). At least you know where you stand after that. I think you have to judge yourself whether he will appreciate your apology or not because it really depends on a lot of things. Chances are, he would appreciate it though.

---

By fluke, some other people are helping at the same hospital as me! They are ''pre-med'' students (never heard the term before!) from America. They were all really nice except for one comment when I mentioned I was considering moving to America after graduation. They seemed to think my degree is somehow inferior to an American one so it wouldn't be possible - I just smiled, nodded and changed the topic. I think my degree and qualifications are fine. People should watch their manners sometimes :chuckle:

Reizilla

I might be wrong, but America doesn't accept foreign degrees in some fields. Or you have to take a test first or something. At least, that's the way it is with people from Mexico. Also, pre-med is just the name for the undergraduate program, I believe.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
That, I know. From my understanding I can come to America. I just need take some extra tests, as you mentioned. I think it's USMLE or something. However, this fact doesn't make my qualifications inferior to somebody that graduated from America at all. Probably didn't help they hadn't heard of my university. I didn't take offense to the comment, I just found it funny they said it. They should probably have a little more tact when speaking to other British students because some might well have been annoyed :bee:.

Yeah the pre-med undergraduate thing was kind of interesting, I didn't realise it was a course! Quite different to UK. You can enter medicine as an undergraduate or a postgraduate here and you don't really get a ''pre-med'' course. The closest we have would be biomedical sciences. I quite like the term ''pre-med''. Maybe UK should call medical applicants that too!

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm new to this thread.

But I just had some bad news about my mom.

She has some immune system threatening disease that concerns me.
she was diagnosed today =

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
@milesg2g Aw, sorry bout that man :(

Anyway, I have a problem of my own. However, my problem is incredibly stupid and it even makes me feel ashamed to post a problem as idiotic as mine. Regardless, here it goes...

Alright, anyone know the theme for the city of Lavender town from Pokemon Red & Blue? For all who haven't.... For all who have, you probably agree it's pretty eerie. For me, it's very eerie, too eerie. This song creeped me out ever since the first time i heard it. Recently, i listened to it again for some reason i can't even remember anymore. It creeped me out again. More than usual this time. I couldn't listen to it the whole way through. heck, not 30 seconds of it. And every nite ever since i listened to it last week, i can't get to sleep because i keep hearing the Lavender Town theme so clearly in my head. The first few nights i just thought to myself, "the theme will go away in a few days and you'll just forget about it." It's gotten progressively worse every night. I get less and less sleep. I've tried forgetting about it, getting different songs stuck in my head, but nothing's working. I can hear it even louder than my headphones whenever i play music. I don't even know why i'm so scared of this theme. I even more so wonder why it keeps me up @ night. I mean, after all, it's just a theme. Nevertheless, it's depriving me of sleep, which is anything but good. I know it sounds stupid, but do any of you have any ideas or suggestions to get this theme out of my head or maybe make me forget about it? :(

½NIÇK½FBM!

Smash Rookie
yea so i hate it when im playing rock, paper, scissors and some moron choooses laser beam and murks my ****.

How do I counter this?

½NIÇK½FBM!

Smash Rookie
Trust me, ive though of that before, but I always get over-ruled and everyone says my mirror looks like paper and i still get murked.

And vrael how the hell do i make a jesus with my hands? You're probably one of the morons that uses laser beam.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I guess girl problems won't be escaping me this summer.

My friend confessed to this girl he likes. However, she doesn't feel the same way. Ever since then, he can't stop thinking about her and is getting really depressed and even worse every day. Me and my other friends suggested to actually meet her (they met on XBox Live). I have no idea how this plan is progressing (doesn't seem like much), and my friend is close to bursting with anger and it really scares me. He's even sent messages, probably to everyone on his friends list except the girl in question, first about feeling sad, then really depressed, and I even think he was crying in the latest one he's sent me. I have no idea what to do, but I want to help him before it's too late to do anything about this..

½NIÇK½FBM!

Smash Rookie
Wooooowwwww Shun Goku Satsu I was unaware thats what you meant that is genius.

And Vrael im supprised you still wear diapers I thought you would learn tattling is for babies.

Btw, i have no idea who that is. pretty funny coincidence.

Reizilla

Jam, have you tried getting the girl to talk to him and stuff? I know it's a difficult situation and stuff, but if he's so madly in love with her, perhaps there are things she could say that he wouldn't listen to from anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom