• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
He has talked to her several times, but only trough Live. He still ends up depressed later on. Like today, they talked, but now he tells me that after talking, he was really happy but then became sad again. He's sent her messages through facebook before he left for Otakon for the weekend and when he returned, he found that she hasn't been on for 2 days, the time he's been away and how many days since then. I think talking to her actually makes it worse for him.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yeah, that's usually what'll happen, but I figured it might be worth a shot. Umm, although I've never been so depressed myself, I know that getting your mind off things can help a lot. If he's your friend irl, maybe you can try hanging out and doing a lot of different stuff while trying to keep them from talking for a while. Maybe play new games and practice combos? Something he can really focjus on and keep busy with. Read books.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I know getting your mind off things helps, I did it. However he tried to forget about her over at Otakon. It still doesn't seem like enough. I even asked him if he wanted to play with me or something. Us and a couple of other friends did hang out a week or two ago. Went to a mall, kicked around a soccer ball, and watched Inception. If I tried to ask him about hanging out again, he might just feel depressed again because he wants to suggest that the girl come too, and that is what I want to avoid. He was playing Castlevania, but he still felt depressed. Maybe it was because she was on Live too.
Well it's late, and I have to volunteer tomorrow. Hopefully nothing bad happens till I get home and get on Live.

RATED

Smash Lord
What!? "falling in love" through Xbox Live, that's madness :/ I know people that have known each other and had serious relationship through social networks like : Facebook but LOL Xbox live, to help your friend just turn off that Xbox.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
What!? "falling in love" through Xbox Live, that's madness :/ I know people that have known each other and had serious relationship through social networks like : Facebook but LOL Xbox live, to help your friend just turn off that Xbox.
What wrong with that?

One of my friends met her husband though WOW.

I'd assume the only difference is you can actually hear their voice on Xbox Live.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Okay so he feels better today. Something happened to the girl and her love life or sopmething (maybe a boyfriend which I didn't know of broke up with her?). Anyway, he talked to her and will try to be there for her. He feels good about talking to her.

RATED

Smash Lord
What wrong with that?

One of my friends met her husband though WOW.

I'd assume the only difference is you can actually hear their voice on Xbox Live.
seriously? wow! I heard that there's a couple in SWF ( I think now they are married that knew each other through gamefaqs)

wow, meeting through WOW how can that be done srsly? I don't play that much MMOs or things like that so I am kinda ignorant about it. The process of meeting the person for the first time IRL should be awesome and at the same time a FEELING of nerves.

Glad that I meet the girl I am starting to get interested on via College.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
My mother****ing gay *** ****** parents apparently scheduled a camping trip for when this tourney is AFTER they said they'd take me. I swear to got if that isn't the ****tyest thing that has happened to me in a while, I don't know what it. **** them! I even could drive MYSELF and everything. **** camping! I'm gonna shoot diarrhea through their ears I swear to god. Sorry, I'm raging. I just can't believe that they set up a camping trip over this. We have gone camping three times already this summer. Why again? D:<

I'm just hella mad because they scheduled for a third camping trip this year AFTER THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD TAKE ME. It's like Why the ****ing hell would I trust you now that I see you can't keep promises? I am so mad because I have been looking forward to this tourney ever since ECB7, and I wanted to improve even further, because I did better at ECB7 than any other tourney that I have ever attended, and I wanted to build upon what I had learned at this one. I guess I'll have to wait until next month, I am so glad this is monthly. <3 Phil for making it monthly!
It's just like ****! ZOMG **** YOU AND YOUR PARENTS! ZOMG I WANNA **** IN YOUR BREAKFAST CEREAL! NO MORE LUCKY CHARMS FOR YOU!

I suppose I feel better now. Thank you vent thread!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Parents these days man.

I miss this thread, im going to come back here more often

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
seriously? wow! I heard that there's a couple in SWF ( I think now they are married that knew each other through gamefaqs)

wow, meeting through WOW how can that be done srsly? I don't play that much MMOs or things like that so I am kinda ignorant about it. The process of meeting the person for the first time IRL should be awesome and at the same time a FEELING of nerves.
Yup.

Got married like last year. I would have been there, but it was in North Carolina.

They met while they where in the same guild, and things snowballed from there.

M.K

Level 55
Ugh....This person keeps calling me, leaving obscene messages on my phone, and it's a private number, so i can't block it. I'm not going to go file a police report, but then I feel like it's just some prankster that's going to stop eventually because the joke will wear out.
Right now I just keep waiting the calls out until they go to my voicemail but all they do is leave obscene messages with promises to keep calling.

Any advice? It's really gross stuff, stupid stuff though, and I know it's "some kid" from school because it sounds like a kid.

Reizilla

Did you ever answer? You could answer and hang up. You could rerecord your voicemail message and make it retardedly long, so they get tired of waiting for the beep. . . If it's threatening, I suggest the police report, because that ****'s not right. If it's not threatening, just ignore it.

M.K

Level 55
It's not threatening, I can -tell- it's a joke, it's just gone on far too long.
They promised to call today in a voicemail and they haven't yet so.....I take that as a good sign?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I can't seem to do well during tourneys. I can't L-cancel significantly. I can't tech when I want to tech. I just don't know what's going on.

I mean, I don't FEEL nervous or anything. They're jsut friendlies anyways, but idk what's going on.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
One huge thing looming over my head: paying for college. My family has next to no money, I make fairly mediocre grades, and still have 4 years of education waiting. I'm a senior in high school this fall, which means I have very little time to figure this all out... ****!!!

RATED

Smash Lord
I got so pissed all sudden... Its like a sudden feeling of tearing everything apart! idk why. this sucks at my fail attempts to lose 20lbs, boredom, all kinda by myself here, a bit "frustrated" with my "smash career"(I place good most of the time top 5 or top 4 but I am a greedy mofo), watching my face getting fattier.

There's like few thing that make me kinda happy though: I have pretty good grades overall I have gotten A in all my college classes except for one B and a C( I am on my 4th year on college), finally knowing a girl that piques my interest that is not a stuck up gamer ***** that thinks that they are great deal bcuz of it, hanging with friends and seeing the day that I'll be graduating from college.

---------- my rant is over.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
One huge thing looming over my head: paying for college. My family has next to no money, I make fairly mediocre grades, and still have 4 years of education waiting. I'm a senior in high school this fall, which means I have very little time to figure this all out... ****!!!
College may not even be the answer. Do you hae more interest in developing a skill? Maybe you're interested in being a carpenter, tailor, plumber, mechanic, or barber. Maybe you like art and would like to do that. There are also some careers out there where you can get away with a two year associate's degree.

Reizilla

Yeah, it's honestly pretty lame. Don't do it. Unless you're desperate for friends/beer.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty common on here sometimes, but this time it isn't much about me. I just wanted to say been trying to stop being a sissy with tears, but my mom going into surgery to get whatever lump she has so they are hoping it is not breast cancer, but they want to go and check it out and be done, I just feel trouble, and please I know no one knows me to well here, but please keep prayers in mind if you believe in god, but I just thought I give it a shot on here and hopefully you guys can give me some tips in this situation if you know any?

I apologize for my grammer, etc... I don't have the perfect english on here. but if you understand that... Thanks for your help in advance.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
^That sucks. There is no shame in crying about it. As long as you're crying isn't making you dysfunctional then go ahead and do it. Your family is going through a tough ordeal, it's healthy to not be ok about it.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I lost my phone today. I don't mind it much, except for the fact that I don't remember where I lost it. More than half the time I lose my phone I always find it at home. However, my brother got a call from my cell phone. This is starting to scare my mom. The only other place I could have lost it is at the Baltimore National Aquarium (we're having a trip to DC). We hope I lost it there and not left it at home. I need a way to cheer up. Seeing more than half my friends getting into relationships while I don't see myself there yet, or possibly at all.
Guess I have two problems today.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
My former best friend and I decided not to talk to each other again today. I kind of new it was inevitable being as we can't seem to get along anymore and we certainly don't care as much about each other or the relationship anymore, but it stills bugs me. It just sucks that we couldn't work everything out and go back to the way things used to be before our friendship deteriorated.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
My former best friend and I decided not to talk to each other again today. I kind of new it was inevitable being as we can't seem to get along anymore and we certainly don't care as much about each other or the relationship anymore, but it stills bugs me. It just sucks that we couldn't work everything out and go back to the way things used to be before our friendship deteriorated.
I feel the same way about my best friend. I've known the guy since kindergarten(I'm 18 so that makes 13 years) but the last 2-3 years he's been going down a bad path slowly, first by smoking pot, now just cigs, but he drinks and all too and I'm just like ugh. I can still find things in common to talk about with him but I know what it's like to just drift apart from someone like that =/.

I'm pretty common on here sometimes, but this time it isn't much about me. I just wanted to say been trying to stop being a sissy with tears, but my mom going into surgery to get whatever lump she has so they are hoping it is not breast cancer, but they want to go and check it out and be done, I just feel trouble, and please I know no one knows me to well here, but please keep prayers in mind if you believe in god, but I just thought I give it a shot on here and hopefully you guys can give me some tips in this situation if you know any?

I apologize for my grammer, etc... I don't have the perfect english on here. but if you understand that... Thanks for your help in advance.
You have every right to cry about this a lot man. Rather someone likes or dislikes their parents no one wants to see their parents in any kind of pain or anything that may threaten their life. Major surgery is a HUGE deal man and if it involves cancer of any sort...cry your eyes out man. Whatever helps you feel better about it.

Improve your grades if possible and look for scholarships, there's bound to be something. Maybe join a club at your HS that has some way of paving a way for a scholarship or something like that.

Don't forget to fill out a FAFSA to see if you qualify for free aid as well.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I feel the same way about my best friend. I've known the guy since kindergarten(I'm 18 so that makes 13 years) but the last 2-3 years he's been going down a bad path slowly, first by smoking pot, now just cigs, but he drinks and all too and I'm just like ugh. I can still find things in common to talk about with him but I know what it's like to just drift apart from someone like that =/.
Yeah it sucks. I know eventually I'll make new and better friends, look back and not think too much of this friendship; but I'm not there yet.

It's too bad this thread is so dead. It's a great topic.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
ill come to the rescue!!
lol
best friends.

I met my best friend through a best friend that i have had since kindergarten as well! we met in kindergartenand were super close with each other until like 7th grade because he had to repeat a year and we went to separate high schools. we got closer again when i got my car...my best friend became a user. To this day, he always asks for a ride places, never has any money, always wants to smoke weed and or drink but has no money. talks **** about me/goes on me when hes drunk just because hes known me for so long. He thinks im the better version of him so we're always clashing...like in a good way i guess.

The great thing about him is that he let me befriend all of his friends...when i had none lol i was a loser. I got super close with one of his friends and we became best friends over the course of one summer. We would spend everyday together. I knew everything about him and he knew a lot about me to. It was a true friendship. I ****ing love the guy, he'll prob be the best man at my wedding. True friends help eachother out not only with words, but deeds and actions. We have been super close, closer than i am to my own brother, relationship for like four years now.

Its a great feeling to genuinely love and be loved. NO HOMO lol. we are comfortable enough with eachother to sleep in the same bed, share drinks, not be worried about awkward touching (like arms or legs bumping whatever). we can change in front of eachother... He even takes a **** with the door open... We both know we're straight. We're just natural...its stupid to be super awkward about homophobic stuff...We even went skinny dipping once with girls too...ive seen him buck naked lol But yea...best closest friendship ive ever had! I can count on that guy I just met him four years ago.

So even if you have known someone forever...doesn't mean yr close or have the best situation. Male friends are great but sometimes hard to find.

Im good with resolving problems too? any questions?

A wise man once said: You're lucky if you have one true friend...maybe two. I do whatever it takes to keep the one i have close to me.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
SWF's been helping me out on my fb contest but someone literally went up like 100 votes in under a day. Got at least 70 last night. Three days left and I'm beginning to think that I'm going to end up in second.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well when it comes to two friends, best or not, I always say "Hey, sure we may have argued, but I WANT to keep this relationship, do YOU? If you are willing to keep it, I am too, and we can figure each other out and just try to respect each other and stuff"

If there is a will, then there is a way. But, this is a two way street, though.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
SWF's been helping me out on my fb contest but someone literally went up like 100 votes in under a day. Got at least 70 last night. Three days left and I'm beginning to think that I'm going to end up in second.
we got this.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
i don't really think so. i think everyone on here that wanted to vote has already done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom