• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I don't like MySpace... Giving people to much freedom to customize things can turn extremely messy and disorganised.

Anyway, I was reciently handed a pamphlet that says the beginning of the end of the world starts May 11, 2011 and ends on October 11, 2011. I didn't think people in todays age still went around warning of the end of the world.
O.o
You've clearly never heard of the Millennium Bug. Or 2012.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Well this isn't really bothering me..it's more of question type thing. My friend told me that I have a "rare" skill of getting better at Smash by playing by myself as well as playing with people but I'm one of the only people he's met that can get better on their own without human's next to Mew2King. I guess I was wondering if that's really a rare skill, that is if unless anyone else has it? Cause I was wondering if it's as rare he says it is. I guess it's a good thing that I can get better on my own though I do play people a lot as well.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
What did the rest of the pamphlet talk about? You're positive it was literal?
Are these people off their rocker or what?
The pamphlet was folded horizontaly into 4 sections (front and back). It's all in spanish and even though I am of hispanic descent, my spanish reading skills are mediocre at best. It seems to have some mathematical reasoning along with passages of the bible and important dates of past events. I'll try to see if I can scan the entire thing if anyone is interested.

You've clearly never heard of the Millennium Bug. Or 2012.
I have. I never believed in those, though. They were overly hyped. Except, I never heard about this one or seen anybody else mention a (calculated) random date.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm p.o.'d that we went to GameStop to get another copy of Brawl, and it does the same thing as our old disc (doesn't load). Its underside looks better than the copy we have, yet it doesn't load Brawl. Our Wii hates Brawl for some reason...

pickle962

Smash Lord
I'm p.o.'d that we went to GameStop to get another copy of Brawl, and it does the same thing as our old disc (doesn't load). Its underside looks better than the copy we have, yet it doesn't load Brawl. Our Wii hates Brawl for some reason...

That's because Brawl has cheap wifi and not to mention horrible lag.

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
If you already have a Myspace, it's like 94326789216789201 times better. It's good for networking and "talking" to people you don't care to see in real life BUT if you should blame anybody, blame facebook.

RATED

Smash Lord
If you already have a Myspace, it's like 94326789216789201 times better. It's good for networking and "talking" to people you don't care to see in real life BUT if you should blame anybody, blame facebook.
yeah I ****ing agree with you, and even more... have my myspace everyone since it has liberty not like stupid facebook that everyone is watching what the hell you do or "liking" stupid **** : myspace.com/keywielder

--------------------------

now... I am bothered at me since my live has gotten so BORING that is frustrating as ****, I have done nothing "new" in like all 2010, I moved to another town in December 18 2009 and since then I have done nothing and when I am about to do something... it gets ****ed by some " oops". LOL I am even thinking to workout and practice boxing or something like that.

July

Smash Apprentice
Trying to get financial aid from my college is bothering me right now, especially since I've had all the forms in since April ><

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey there ecnomomics people, explain this **** to me:

Our manufacturing base has been shrinking since the 1950s.
Our GDP and standard of living has increased.

So, is a manufacturing base not the only way to bring in money? Is a trade deficit irrelevant?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
That is because the country I think you are refering to is a POST-industrial ecnomomic state. meaning it is a servce based econemy were the jobs are managing, office work, and working at fast food chains/ chain stores (like wal-mart or target.) So manufacturing jobs are not as importent and jobs like that are just pushed on to third-world countries.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Trying to get financial aid from my college is bothering me right now, especially since I've had all the forms in since April ><
Yeah, that sucks. My girlfriend gets VA benefits for college and she has to jump through tons and tons of loops just to get her benefits. Like she won't even get the money she signed for in March until September.

But that's the US government for you. Failing since 1969 and broke since 1977! :laugh:

Also, facebook > myspace. Myspace has tons of ex-girlfriend-like stalkers. Facebook... not so much. Just a lot of casual associations who are a little too into my life. To quote my friend, "you have tons of friends who aren't like casual associations. You're like Stan IRL." (lmao at saying IRL aloud!) :laugh:

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
I woke up this morning feeling dizzy and everything was blurry. I almost tripped on a chair by my moms computer. I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth when I looked in the mirror I noticed my nose was bleeding and my face was red. It looked like I ran 3 miles. when I was finished brushing my teeth I started to sweat like brushing my teeth was a workout. I sat down thinking what could cause all this and knowing I recently was diagnosed with hypertension I did some research I had most of the symtoms atleast half of what I mentioned. I hope this doesnt get any worse. Doctor said my blood pressure was 160. I feel a difference in my body than normal it doesnt feel right.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
^That is kind of worrying but you shouldn't get too anxious about it. I'm sure the doctors will find the problem and you'll be able to get your blood pressure under control soon enough.

Waiting for exam panic to hit me. 6 days to go and still waiting. This could be bad.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Just...mad at everything...the world and all its ****ed up glory...Oil spill...wars...it just pisses me off...

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
*****es. Lying, cheating, stealing, ****ed up, ****, *****, give-you-hope-just-to-****-on-your-face *****es.

Reizilla

*****es. Lying, cheating, stealing, ****ed up, ****, *****, give-you-hope-just-to-****-on-your-face *****es.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
To the person with college issues, I say: I know. I have to start next year (January) because I missed the deadline because the stuff was complicated. Now I know what to do though, and the break is much needed. (from school, I just graduated)

You guys ever have perfectionist issues? Like when I play games, I have to get a 100%, and on games that it's too hard (like Excal2 in FFIX) I tend to make exclusions and set my ideal 100%.

I won't lie, Pokemon is a real bugger. I have:
Ruby/Fire Red/Emerald/Diamond/Platinum/Soul Silver, and none are beaten.

My Dilemma : I plan to fully beat the trainer card of Soul Silver and get everything I need done. (Also gives me a reallllyyy good competitive team to use for fun on wifi)

Once Soul Silver is beaten though, should that count for the other 5 games, who have nearly the EXACT SAME CHALLENGES. (Pokedex/E4/BattleTower+ 2 BS easy challenges)

Part of me says (80%), Beat SS thoroughly, keep the other games how they are for Soft Restarting legends, etc, and be happy. Yet it still bothers me a bit, like I'm slacking.

And no I have a life, I just also have completion issues...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And no I have a life, I just also have completion issues...
Trust me he does, he has a really hot gaming girlfriend that I still intend to steal :evil:

But, nah, don't do it. It's the same thing all over again. I'd agree if they were different gens or the the requirement were different things, but no I say don't complete it.

You need to get over your OCD young man :laugh:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Trust me he does, he has a really hot gaming girlfriend that I still intend to steal :evil:

But, nah, don't do it. It's the same thing all over again. I'd agree if they were different gens or the the requirement were different things, but no I say don't complete it.

You need to get over your OCD young man :laugh:
It's not easy to get over =/ And, I have 2 Gen 3 games, but Gen3 and Gen4 are the same thing. The Trainer cards are nearly identical.

Actually, since B/W will change metagame, I need Ruby/Fire Red/Emerald/Diamond/Plat to be able to be restarted for pokemon and legends and items, so... I'm just going to let SoulSilver be the one thats beaten xD

And you will never steal her =P

RATED

Smash Lord
something is bothering me out, I need some help and I don't know about these things.

here it is:

I am 5'4 and I am 147.2 pounds. I want to drop 15 pounds or 20, but I don't know about those kinds of stuff. how much calories should I eat a day? or how much calories should I burn a day?

Reizilla

Vegan is strict-vegetarianism, which means not only no meat, but anything that comes from animals. So no milk, eggs, gelatin, cheese, etc. It's worked for everyone I know that's tried it.

RATED

Smash Lord
Vegan is strict-vegetarianism, which means not only no meat, but anything that comes from animals. So no milk, eggs, gelatin, cheese, etc. It's worked for everyone I know that's tried it.
WOW! I could eat less meat a week and things like that but I couldnt stop eating some things. even if I don't eat cheese at all and milk unless is on pancakes. my problem most of the time is Cocacola.

Reizilla

Well, soft drinks are technically still free of animal products. But it's always best to be as healthy as possible. Haha

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
whats bothering me is having the one guy i thought would never try to kill my feelings for him kill them and then not wanna talk after wards as a friend since he decied being friends well be better.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
something is bothering me out, I need some help and I don't know about these things.

here it is:

I am 5'4 and I am 147.2 pounds. I want to drop 15 pounds or 20, but I don't know about those kinds of stuff. how much calories should I eat a day? or how much calories should I burn a day?
ahhh, losing weight seems like a *****. i've never had to do it, but i took a phys ed. class so i figured i'd share some info with you... may be what you're looking for.

(all according to my prof):
-it takes 3500 calories to lose a pound
-run 1 mile = 100 calories burned

i'm no fitness expert, but i've heard a lot of people say that running is the best way to lose weight and get in shape. it really doesn't take all that much time, considering how tiring running can be. sub half an hour per day if you work hard =). haha, i'll let somebody else help you with nutritional fitness cuz i'm no good at it =p.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
WTF O_o Awkward....

Yep, that link is so...disturbing.

Also weight loss is hard, you're having to burn stored fat. I've lost over a 100 pounds, so I can tell ya it isn't easy.

What is the hardest is the last 10 or so.

RATED

Smash Lord
Yep, that link is so...disturbing.

Also weight loss is hard, you're having to burn stored fat. I've lost over a 100 pounds, so I can tell ya it isn't easy.

What is the hardest is the last 10 or so.
WOW! that's a LOT! you are my Hero.

I am leaving slowly Coca Cola and those kind of drinks, after watching how I eat everyday... I am destroying myself bcuz I drink a lot of Coca Cola, like 5 to 8 of them! and that's what's the body is supposed to be drink for water O___O so that I was doing it wrong.

I started 2 days ago , I am jogging for 30 to 40 minutes, regarding on how I feel or how is the weather.

oh and eating the last Chef Boyardee's Spagetti today :( I ****ing love them but is for the good of myself.

after I drop 15 pounds, I will start doing abs exercise.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Getting too the end of m high school education and I still have no idea what I'd like to do as a a job.

Also need a costume for end of year dress up day. What to go as...

mzink*

Smash Ace
Maybe take a year off once you graduate so you have time to think about it? My brothers did that and they are all doing well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom