• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some rules I followed to get better, by LunInSpectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelad1

Smash Ace
The power is yours WES! After you beat this guy down, I will officially invite you into the "Regulators" crew.

A group of smashers all over the country that have "regulated" their local talent. This includes:
1. Not allowing random people to win your local money.
2. Handing out reality checks on a daily basis.
3. Having people apoligize to you the next day for thinking they were any better.
4. Recieving the classic "Wow, you were right" statement.
5. Training the guy to become better after you beat him down. Good sportsmanship.

You got this FLT :)
Gee I'm glad I'm a humble person so I can hopefully just skip straight to number 5. :chuckle:

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Sora Keyblade Master come play me for money. You say you are the best I want to see it. Msg me on aim FileXferSN.
So.. your tha guy brook was trying to sic on me, eh ? Well anytime, anywhere ( well anywhere in waco, untill i get a new car anyway ) Ill take you on. I dont use aim, I only use Yahoo, and msn instant messenger. If you cant use any of them. just post the info here. So everyone can know. If your challengeing me, I adcept

more like " Evolution isn't real, because its illogical to think that we came from monkeys!"

>_> sora doesn't evne know how to debate, debating requires logic and some type of fact to back up the argument.
No, I know how to debate, I think your definition is a little faulty, or its just one of your own personal opinons, I dont know where you get your definition of things. Maybe thats what you think it means. But the offical definition is more like this.

To consider something; deliberate.
To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
or to engage in a formal discussion or argument.

Sorry but the dictionary contradicts you every step of the way. Facts have nothing to do with debateing, Heres a link to a dictionary if you dont believe me,http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/debate theres by far more than one meaning to it, but nothing have to do with facts. They helps true enough, but its not a must. if you didnt know, debate is just a prettyer word for arguments. Sorry but your 2 cents is not needed here i have Zoso as my personal bank account, if i wanted another cheap comment, ill just ask him.

Aiser

Smash Lord
No, I know how to debate, I think your definition is a little faulty, or its just one of your own personal opinons, I dont know where you get your definition of things. Maybe thats what you think it means. But the offical definition is more like this.

Which requires logic.

Sorry but the dictionary contradicts you every step of the way. Facts have nothing to do with debateing, Heres a link to a dictionary if you dont believe me,http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/debate theres by far more than one meaning to it, but nothing have to do with facts. They helps true enough, but its not a must. if you didnt know, debate is just a prettyer word for arguments. Sorry but your 2 cents is not needed here i have Zoso as my personal bank account, if i wanted another cheap comment, ill just ask him.
Welcome to a public forum doesn't matter if you don't need it, got a problem with it just message a mod. =o I've been meaning to get warned again my life feels empty without it.

also facts are required to accuratly debate. To debate you need to be clear, provide evidence, and avoid using words that will invoke emotions.

You just gave me a defintion thats not saying HOW to debate its saying what debating is. Theres a difference.

Have a nice day.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Which requires logic.

Welcome to a public forum doesn't matter if you don't need it, got a problem with it just message a mod. =o I've been meaning to get warned again my life feels empty without it.

also facts are required to accuratly debate. To debate you need to be clear, provide evidence, and avoid using words that will invoke emotions.

You just gave me a defintion thats not saying HOW to debate its saying what debating is. Theres a difference.

Have a nice day.
^^ nice...peace

-hiroshi

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Which requires logic.

Oh, really ? because I didnt see that definition in the dictionary. * adds two more cents to his bag-o-money * I believe you just gave me your personal opinion. Its good to have your opinons, but dont force your idealistic opinion on me

Aiser

Smash Lord
Oh, really ? because I didnt see that definition in the dictionary. * adds two more cents to his bag-o-money *
Ask any experenced debator they'll tell you.

Arguments based off faith which is what you're implying are empty arguments that feed on emotions. Incase you didn't know btw, Faith = belief without evidence.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Ask any experenced debator they'll tell you.

Arguments based off faith which is what you're implying are empty arguments that feed on emotions. Incase you didn't know btw, Faith = belief without evidence.
Dude, i dont know what your getting at, but keep that stuff to yourself. you might aswell be saying. God is empty, like its fake. people have faith in god. and theirs evidence of his existences. Dude whatever. i never heard of debateing in faith, thats anew one for me. And dont assume that im implying anything. I was giveing you a direct quote from the dictionary. Man, get over it already. i stated cleary facts can help a debate, man what is with people like you ¿ arguing about nothing. Now, you expect me to argu with you about the meaning of debate ? what do you want ? the last word ? You can have it, just stop includeing me in your messages. Man, ask anyone. it "means" to argu. it dosnt matter how you do it. man let it die already. your just implying difrent ways of doing it. who cares, I gave you the meaning. now let this die.

Man, talk about off topic..

Aiser

Smash Lord
Dude, i dont know what your getting at, but keep that stuff to yourself. you might aswell be saying. God is empty, like its fake. people have faith in god. and theirs evidence of his existences. Dude whatever. i never heard of debateing in faith, thats anew one for me. And dont assume that im implying anything. I was giveing you a direct quote from the dictionary dude. Man, get over it already. i stated cleary facts can help a debate, man what is with people like you ¿ arguing about nothing. Now, you expect me to argu with you about the meaning of debate ? Man, ask anyone. it "means" to argu. it dosnt matter how you do it. man let it die already. your just implying difrent ways of doing it. who cares, I gave you the meaning. now let this die.
Yes debating means to argue thats what it MEANS thats not what I was saying. THers a difference between knowing what debating his and knowing how to debate.

Man, talk about off topic..
Might wanna look in the mirror then say that.

>_> I forgot who even made this topic but sorry for feeding into it. I'll stop with the offtopic arguing =o

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
Sona I would like to play for money. If you are as confident in your skill level as your posts suggest then you should not have any problem putting up 50+ dollars. If the amount of money exceeds 100 dollars I will drive up to Waco to collect my money =).

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
So.. your tha guy brook was trying to sic on me, eh ? Well anytime, anywhere ( well anywhere in waco, untill i get a new car anyway ) Ill take you on. I dont use aim, I only use Yahoo, and msn instant messenger. If you cant use any of them. just post the info here. So everyone can know. If your challengeing me, I adcept

Sora, I appreciate you sigging my post, but there is no way in hell you are (aka a random person) is just going to beat a player like fastliketree. If you honestly think you have it at pro level its time to get a reality check you aren't. I'm guessing noone in the smash community knows you, except by what you post on these threads. Just by this anyone can assume you aren't at pro level. Cause I said that you are probably going to say something like so you are saying its impossible for me to be nearly that good just because I don't know the community. Yes, of course, if you don't know the community then you don't know how the community plays (videos don't prove ****) which means you don't know how the community thinks, Which means you don't know how a pro thinks. When I said what you quoted in siggy I meant it in the most literal level it can possibly be. If you want to play like Hugs you have to literally be think 100% like Hugs would. In other words its probably not possible to play like Hugs (you can be just as good as him or better, better I doubt just as well as being equal to him there are few players better than him at least in the US) but never in the exact same way he does because you are you and he is Hugs.

FastlikeTree is in the top 20 pros (in the US) and you have the nerve to just come on these boards (as a random person) and just say that you are better than players like him? And then expect people to believe it? If you can beat him then you will have made a breakthrough that no other smasher in the 5 years that this game has been out was able to do. Beat a pro in a tournament without ever having past tourney experience. Other than that you just sound like the hundreds of other people that think they are the best because they can do something as complicated (rofl) as wavedashing.

Now even though there is a line between habitual/subconcious actions and what you are thinking, even though everything you are doing doesn't feel like it is running through your mind, doesn't mean you aren't actually thinking about it. So no matter how much of a habit something is you still have to in some way be concious/thinking about it in order to do it. This is why if you think like a pro nothing is stopping you from playing like one.

It is sort of like duplicating the mind of a pro and making it your own, just you can't literally do that. Lets say I have the mind of a pro and the mind of a noob. Lets say the noob doesn't know how to wavedash, l-cancel, etc. If you were to duplicate the mind of the pro and making it also what the noob is thinking than the noob automatically is able to do these techs. Why? Because he is thinking about doing them in the same way as the pro not in his own incorrect way. Sorry to go off on a bunny trail, but I just wanted to indicate what I meant by that.

Sona I would like to play for money. If you are as confident in your skill level as your posts suggest then you should not have any problem putting up 50+ dollars. If the amount of money exceeds 100 dollars I will drive up to Waco to collect my money =).
FLT is a hustler =D. Dude unless you want to make FLT filthy rich just admit defeat right now.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Wow, I'm getting more & more input from the community. In a way Sora contributes to the community, otherwise people wouldn't be so open to explaining why this is this, or that is that.

Hey, just to piss people off, I read when Ken was unknown he "hustled" pros for moneymatches up to the hundred dollar amount and won them.

Maybe Sora is Ken v2!!!!!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Wow, I'm getting more & more input from the community. In a way Sora contributes to the community, otherwise people wouldn't be so open to explaining why this is this, or that is that.

Hey, just to piss people off, I read when Ken was unknown he "hustled" pros for moneymatches up to the hundred dollar amount and won them.

Maybe Sora is Ken v2!!!!!
Don't forget KM. He beat Ken in a money match way back before anybody had heard of him.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Sora hurt my feelings I think I just migh quit this supersmash brothers melee game. =[

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Maybe I should money match random people who I've never played before. It seems like the noob thing to do around here. So Sora, wanna duel? Since you are the best ever it should be easy for you, because I suck and I know it..

>_>

Anyone who challenges Sora, please get it on tape. I'd like to see how good the best player ever is. And If he's not 4 stocking everyone, I'll be really disappointed.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I know right?! I mean I'd hate to fight him with my link, my poor link would probably get four stocked so fast =[

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
hahaha i so cant wait to see how this sh*t turns out. Its like are own little smash bros soap opera. I mean wat if sora really is as good as he says he is. Wat if FLT plays him and loses!? Or wat if he sucks and he was just blowing smoke and after this he'll just disappear forever. Or mb he was just talking to lure as all into his trap! theres no way of knowing! hahah cant wait to see the vidoes u better play him sora i wanna see wat u got hahahahahahaha

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think I found something even funnier than Sora's antics.
doesnt' mookie rah own tx with mewtwo > _ >
LOL nobody knows where I'm really from, peepz keep thinking I'm all over the place.

I too call Sora out. I'll $599.99 USD match him with my Mewtwo. That way I can buy a PS3. It will definitely make my 10 hour drive worth it.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord

LOL nobody knows where I'm really from, peepz keep thinking I'm all over the place.

I too call Sora out. I'll $599.99 USD match him with my Mewtwo. That way I can buy a PS3. It will definitely make my 10 hour drive worth it.
you should do it for 900, so you can get a game or 2, and a second controller...
then you're all set

Miharu

Smash Hero
Oh, really ? because I didnt see that definition in the dictionary. * adds two more cents to his bag-o-money * I believe you just gave me your personal opinion. Its good to have your opinons, but dont force your idealistic opinion on me
Funny how Sora takes everything so literally and by the book, and even quotes the literal definition of the meaning from an online dictionary.

Hypocrisy is everywhere in your quoted post. You ask others not to force their opinions on you, even when they aren't, and you have the gall to do so on a public forum, where your authority is, in reality, nonexistant.

Funny how the accessories for PS3 will cost more than a GC is worth now.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Sona ? You got it right the first time, im guessing its a typo.. Anyway like i said, I adcept 50+, no problem, 2 cents does add up over awhile. Lets say 60 to 70 munny, that should be enough. But lets make things a little more intresting. Lets make a little wager. If i beat you, ( which i wont cause i suck ) You retire completely from playing " smash bros " but if i lose ill leave smashboards, and you guys can mark me as the noob of 2006, also the first one ever to be placed in the "smashboards hall of shame" Dont have one ? you can make one just for me. that way it would be even more humiliating. Not only that, but i would forever be bringing shame upon " kingdom hearts "

If you agree to this ( which, you should. Being a highly respected member in all, it would be shamefull if you didnt, I mean im just a noob afther all. A pro should be able beat a noob anyday of the week ) I only request a few things thats all

1. you bring the cam
2. We do best 2 of 3 matches ( first one determines wager/ rest to dertermine skill level,still you should beat me all 3 times easy.)
3. No items. We go head to head, pure skill. That way none can say " Sora only won because he used items.
4. ( If you can ) bring someone thats just as good, if not better than you. Ill take you both on in a team battle. You two against me. Nah im joshing, but for fun, me and one of my buds against you who ever you bring. Just for fun, I mean we'll still play our one on one.

Nothing else other than that, Unless you wanna add something to the me losing part.

Lol you know a thread is superheated when it gets responses from people like:

FLT
Nihonjin
HugS
King
Greg

Gl sora :lick:
Hmm.. never heard of any of them, cept flt.

Maybe I should money match random people who I've never played before. It seems like the noob thing to do around here. So Sora, wanna duel? Since you are the best ever it should be easy for you, because I suck and I know it..

>_>

Anyone who challenges Sora, please get it on tape. I'd like to see how good the best player ever is. And If he's not 4 stocking everyone, I'll be really disappointed.
Four stocking ? As in four stock blowout ? We normally do six man stock, and consider 3 stock ablow out. But however, thats not the case here. the point is if i beat him or not. dosent matter if you win by a inch or a mile winning is winning. but from the way your saying it, he should be able to fourstock me no prob. since he is very good.

hahaha i so cant wait to see how this sh*t turns out. Its like are own little smash bros soap opera. I mean wat if sora really is as good as he says he is. Wat if FLT plays him and loses!? Or wat if he sucks and he was just blowing smoke and after this he'll just disappear forever. Or mb he was just talking to lure as all into his trap! theres no way of knowing! hahah cant wait to see the vidoes u better play him sora i wanna see wat u got hahahahahahaha
lol !!! man this guy is pretty funny, But i agree the footage will show all, untill then no one knows... but yea im just a noobie running my mouth, hes got nothing to worry about. All in all, ive been waiting for this exact moment from the start.

And dude anyone who challenges me, I take it as if you mean it, if your just trying be a crowd pleaser than ill let this go. but dont make challenges unless intend to go through with them.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
So basically... Sora is another noob with no experience whatsoever who saw pro vids and thought "hay Im wuhubettur than thise proz" so is challenging fastliketree to a mm? <.<

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Sora: I think that whole quitting smash bros thing is kind of lame.

1. I'd like you to stay in the community if you lose because it's always nice to see people get better. You also seem like the type that has enough desire to actually become good at this game someday, so it'd be a waste for you to just never come back after losing, if you do (I'm still very sure you will, sorry :) ). Another reason you shouldn't risk quitting is because you'll miss out on meeting some truly awesome people in tournaments. You may dislike some of these people now, or vice versa, or you may be completely apathetic to everyone instead. But this all changes once you start meeting people at tournaments.

2. FLT is way too awesome/cool/good for him to leave the community and quit smash bros over a wager vs someone. And don't give me the whole "well if he's so good he should have no problem betting" deal. You're betting for something a bit priceless here. I'd hate to see wes leave the community, since I've enjoyed speaking to him and playing him in the past. Not that he'll lose though, but BS can happen.

Iggy: Yeah, ur pretty much dead on. Same old story right?

Examples:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=62010

Ahhh that was a good one. In short, this guy wrote a page long essay on how he has mastered the game and why he is better than everyone out there. He wasn't joking in the slightest. He basically got 5 stocked by Tavo here in socal. GG. I haven't heard from him since.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=50498&highlight=arbys

This one was quite comical. This is the classic "I do go to tournaments and win them" noob. He pretty much went to an ARBY's tournament and swept the top 3 spots with his 2 younger brothers. There is no happy ending to this one. He refused to ever play anyone good or go to a tournament. He stuck with his notion that he was one of the best in the nation.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Yeah, I was just surprised that everyone was making such a huge deal out of it. Usually these topics don't get too much attention.

edit : heh yeah, good touch with the other ones added in... there's a lot that do exist... or those that say they're waiting to go to a tourney to prove themselves and get beatdown etc.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Sora: I think that whole quitting smash bros thing is kind of lame.

1. I'd like you to stay in the community if you lose because it's always nice to see people get better. You also seem like the type that has enough desire to actually become good at this game someday, so it'd be a waste for you to just never come back after losing, if you do (I'm still very sure you will, sorry :) ). Another reason you shouldn't risk quitting is because you'll miss out on meeting some truly awesome people in tournaments. You may dislike some of these people now, or vice versa, or you may be completely apathetic to everyone instead. But this all changes once you start meeting people at tournaments.

2. FLT is way too awesome/cool/good for him to leave the community and quit smash bros over a wager vs someone. And don't give me the whole "well if he's so good he should have no problem betting" deal. You're betting for something a bit priceless here. I'd hate to see wes leave the community, since I've enjoyed speaking to him and playing him in the past. Not that he'll lose though, but BS can happen.

Iggy: Yeah, ur pretty much dead on. Same old story right?

1. Dude thats cool... n all but i feel this is something i have to do.. kinda like proveing myself. And no i wasent going to toss such cheesy line at you. I dont mind staying here and hanging and stuff.. but thats not why i came here, Everyone has their own reason of being here, im just looking for the next challenge, I apperchiate your sympithitic talk of me becomeing a "Good" player, But im already a "Great" player. And if i lose like everyone says i will. then i wont comeback, just like i stated before, Im Extremely confient in my ability im sure he is too. So He should have nothing to worry about.

2. I understand you like this guy, alot of people do, but still this is the wager, like you said hes too cool of guy to lose, that possibilty doesnt exist for him. He's not as good as you all say he is if he backs down from this. Hes apro for crying out loud, he cant lose to some " random kid " You should just put faith in his ability as fighter, you know how good he is, he shouldnt have a problem with this, its just away to prove myself, Everyone wants me to do so. So what better way than this. but if he is very good than.... like you said. he wont lose. he has nothing to worry about. im just somekid, Remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom