• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some rules I followed to get better, by LunInSpectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
So basically... Sora is another noob with no experience whatsoever who saw pro vids and thought "hay Im wuhubettur than thise proz" so is challenging fastliketree to a mm? <.<
1. First of all , get your facts right.
2. Ive been playing this game for four years now. so i have plenty of experience,
3. I didnt watch any pro videos, beging thinking anything.
4.And last but not least, fastliketree chanllenged me. I didnt challenge him, for future references make sure you actually know what your talking about before you jump into a conversation. Heres your 2 cent deposit.

Sora who are your main characters?
Well honestly, I dont really wanna give that out, but if you want an answer. Ill have to say falco >.> i just spike allday -.-

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Sora where do you believe you currently stand in terms of ranking in U.S. smash. Do you believe you are one of the best? do you think you're better than sephirothken, the #1 rank in SSBM?

I assume you must have mentioned this issue somewhere but I'm a bit too lazy to look it up.

And once again, who are your main characters? If you have more than one, who are you best with?

Edit: just saw your edit

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
1. Dude thats cool... n all but i feel this is something i have to do.. kinda like proveing myself. And no i wasent going to toss such cheesy line at you. I dont mind staying here and hanging and stuff.. but thats not why i came here, Everyone has their own reason of being here, im just looking for the next challenge, I apperchiate your sympithitic talk of me becomeing a "Good" player, But im already a "Great" player. And if i lose like everyone says i will. then i wont comeback, just like i stated before, Im Extremely confient in my ability im sure he is too. So He should have nothing to worry about.

2. I understand you like this guy, alot of people do, but still this is the wager, like you said hes too cool of guy to lose, that possibilty doesnt exist for him. He's not as good as you all say he is if he backs down from this. Hes apro for crying out loud, he cant lose to some " random kid " You should just put faith in his ability as fighter, you know how good he is, he shouldnt have a problem with this, its just away to prove myself, Everyone wants me to do so. So what better way than this. but if he is very good than.... like you said. he wont lose. he has nothing to worry about. im just somekid, Remember.
1. You would be pretty lame to just leave and not come back if you lost. You are already following the "cocky noob" stereotype in every way. Don't end in a similar fashion by just quitting after realizing you weren't as good as you thought you were. Be a man. Take the loss and get better.

2. Saying FLT isn't that good if he backs down from the "Quitting smash" bet is kind of ridiculous. I already explained, what you want to bet on is kind of priceless. It's like putting your son on the line because you are sure you will win. IT doesn't matter how certain you are of the bet, you shouldn't bet something priceless. I just think the wager should be raised in terms of money, nothing more. But if FLT is down for it, then whatever...

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I agree fully with HugS on this part:

I just think the wager should be raised in terms of money, nothing more.

Well, I agree with him on all parts, but I just wanted to emphasize that part.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
This is getting a bit WWF'ish.

HugS: Who's the kid with the afro and the lens flare?

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Sora where do you believe you currently stand in terms of ranking in U.S. smash. Do you believe you are one of the best? do you think you're better than sephirothken, the #1 rank in SSBM?

I assume you must have mentioned this issue somewhere but I'm a bit too lazy to look it up.

And once again, who are your main characters? If you have more than one, who are you best with?

Edit: just saw your edit
Dude, I really dont know where i currently stand in terms of ranking in US Smash. I wont even go as far as to say im one of the best.... yea ill say that but" Lets just say im confident in ability" Afther ive played in 5 of more states. Ill give you honest answer. As of now i dont think ive rightfully owned enough people to answer that.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
omg a wager! the fun never ends! Will FLT accept? But how can he not? sora IS just some random kid. And by not accepting sora wins! but if he does accept hes putting hes smash bros career on the line. Soras ultimate trap! my gosh wats going happen next
NEXT TIME ON SMASHBOARDS!

Bones0

Smash Legend
Anyway, this thread was helpful. I am always looking for things I need to work on along with the average tech skills so this should help. I dont plan on thinking out everything I do, but it gives me a basis on which general things I will need experience with in the future if I plan to get competitive when the Wii comes out. (kinda missed the go to tournies for Melee train :( )

Btw, I wouldn't claim anything about my skill level unless Ive played at least 5 competitive smashers who don't live in the same state as myself. I probably wouldn't ever claim anything about my skill actually...:p

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
1. You would be pretty lame to just leave and not come back if you lost. You are already following the "cocky noob" stereotype in every way. Don't end in a similar fashion by just quitting after realizing you weren't as good as you thought you were. Be a man. Take the loss and get better.

2. Saying FLT isn't that good if he backs down from the "Quitting smash" bet is kind of ridiculous. I already explained, what you want to bet on is kind of priceless. It's like putting your son on the line because you are sure you will win. IT doesn't matter how certain you are of the bet, you shouldn't bet something priceless. I just think the wager should be raised in terms of money, nothing more. But if FLT is down for it, then whatever...

Listen i understand what your saying. But you miss-understand me. Im not one of the kind leaveing because, i wasent as good as i thought i was. If i do lose, ill leave because that was the wager, not because i lost, and it damaged my selfesteem or pride. Trust me, Im all for getting better. My entire point of being here is to fight a high ranked player, To see where i currently stand, And take it from their. I merely stated that i would stop posting here if i lost. You just dont know, Ive been waiting for something like this happen for awhile now.

omg a wager! the fun never ends! Will FLT accept? But how can he not? sora IS just some random kid. And by not accepting sora wins! but if he does accept hes putting hes smash bros career on the line. Soras ultimate trap! my gosh wats going happen next
lololololololollol...... Sora's ultimate trap.. lol * wipes the tear from his left eye from laughing so hard *

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
i find it funny that trying to take the ***** way out of not playing him.. he's hoping he backs out,and no one ill prove him wrong...

sora... if you got game... MM someone for 300 bucks...
if you don't then just shut the f*ck up...

F*cking worst then Pen!s envy.. i swear

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
o man if sora is doing that just to get FLT to quit that means he has MIND GAMES! and he hasnt even picked up the controller yet! mb he really is great! hahahahahaha

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Sora do you mind keeping the wager simple: A $100 money match best 2 of 3 (or whatever you want).

Nobody wants you to quit smash if you lose, nobody wants flt to quit smash if he loses. I don't understand why you even include something silly like that into the wager.

Just keep it simple - $100 money match. if you win, you get immense bragging rights (and $100). if you lose you pay up $100, but we still want you to continue to post here and learn so you get better.

of course i'm not going to speak for him; i'll direct his attention to this topic when he's online, but I'm just saying I think the whole "quitting" business is silly. Nobody wants anybody to quit a game because of one lost wager.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Quitting thing ********, sounds like something you'd see in an anime. >.>

100 would be fine I think, and if he does use falco he should be okay I mean falco is like th ebest character in the game. lol

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
1. First of all , get your facts right.
2. Ive been playing this game for four years now. so i have plenty of experience,
3. I didnt watch any pro videos, beging thinking anything.
4.And last but not least, fastliketree chanllenged me. I didnt challenge him, for future references make sure you actually know what your talking about before you jump into a conversation. Heres your 2 cent deposit.
Yeah, it's great to say you have experience from 4 years of playing, but what you probably do lack is experience from having played in tournaments against other well versed people. I'm not even a terribly great player, but at least I can take Azen to last stock third match. Oh, for future reference, make sure you actually know what I'm talking about before attempting a reply.

And you are right though, I won't stand behind my facts, I was just generalizing to make you fit the general group of people who come here and claim that they're good.

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
I would like the match to be played on September 23rd (the next upcoming Saturday). We would arrive in Waco around 2pm. If you can give me your address and permission to show up we will do so. Also I will bring at least 1, if not 2, of Austin's top players.

The rules for the match are as follows (hopefully you will agree).

Best 3/5, no items, neutral stages only, 1 stage ban each
meaning there are 5 stages we can play on
pokemon stadium, final destination, dreamland, battlefield, yoshi story.
You may ban one of these stages for the duration of the bet.

Only problem: I have no video recording equipment and my passengers also have no video recording equipment. I hope we can work this problem out, a lot of people want to see the results.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
lol... funny thing you mention the recording problem.

www.woot.com

The item is only $25.00 thats including shipping and its on sale only for today 9/21/06. I ordered mine today. Its the cheapest you'll find, froogle's cheapest is $49 and the ones you see any cheaper like $12.00 are the old 1400 versions and not the 1410 versions. I just ordered mine today, so I don't know how good the quality is when recording, but it has some decent reviews from a lot of websites.

9/21/06 only... so order before 12am eastern time if you guys need something to record your matches.

edit: opps, I was posting this as dcx1287 said it wouldnt be a problem, but for any other smashers who want something cheap to record matches, should definitely pick this up.

Xelic

Smash Ace
=)

Can't wait to see you this Saturday. <3

I just hope we can sort out the minor difficulties with our recording equipment. It should be resolved without complication.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol wowzers @ lunin, why didn't i see this thread earlier..
gj rey you hit everything spot on

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
Sora: I think that whole quitting smash bros thing is kind of lame.

1. I'd like you to stay in the community if you lose because it's always nice to see people get better. You also seem like the type that has enough desire to actually become good at this game someday, so it'd be a waste for you to just never come back after losing, if you do (I'm still very sure you will, sorry :) ). Another reason you shouldn't risk quitting is because you'll miss out on meeting some truly awesome people in tournaments. You may dislike some of these people now, or vice versa, or you may be completely apathetic to everyone instead. But this all changes once you start meeting people at tournaments.

2. FLT is way too awesome/cool/good for him to leave the community and quit smash bros over a wager vs someone. And don't give me the whole "well if he's so good he should have no problem betting" deal. You're betting for something a bit priceless here. I'd hate to see wes leave the community, since I've enjoyed speaking to him and playing him in the past. Not that he'll lose though, but BS can happen.

Iggy: Yeah, ur pretty much dead on. Same old story right?

Examples:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=62010

Ahhh that was a good one. In short, this guy wrote a page long essay on how he has mastered the game and why he is better than everyone out there. He wasn't joking in the slightest. He basically got 5 stocked by Tavo here in socal. GG. I haven't heard from him since.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=50498&highlight=arbys

This one was quite comical. This is the classic "I do go to tournaments and win them" noob. He pretty much went to an ARBY's tournament and swept the top 3 spots with his 2 younger brothers. There is no happy ending to this one. He refused to ever play anyone good or go to a tournament. He stuck with his notion that he was one of the best in the nation.
The reason why noobs got through this whole I'm the best stage is because they watch (at least most of them) watch pro vids and aren't able to notice advance techs because they have no knowledge of them. I at once thought I was good at smash, but I never shared it on the boards like Sora is (Thank God, I would have made a fool out of myself). Anyway being that Hugs is posting in this thread I wanted to thank him and the Super Friends for helping me get over the "cocky" noob stage, even though they probably never knew that they did. Before I go on let me tell you the story.

So it was one of the only days (I thought) I would ever go to a tourney. January 13, (I think) 2006. My cousin and I basically thought that we were the ****z and didn't need WDing (which is the only real advanced thing we knew of at the time) to beat the best in the world. So we go to this tourney BVGO 2. I take out like the noobiest guy there and lose my other 2 matches. Then I started free playing (finally being convinced I was either really unfortunate or that I needed to learn advanced techs) my cousin and I found a free cube played a match. Then some guy who isn't so great at smash (better than me at the time) and Wolf came to play. Wolf and the guy both picked fox (who is my main) they both owned me and my cousin in FFA and I was like **** these guys are good. So anyways I don't remember what the doubles teams finals were (Hugs and Gabe vs. Inks and Wolf or something like that) And they did dittos all matches cept for the last one I think. (dittos were mario, CF, Ganon and I think pika?) It was funny stuff. That day I was finally convinced that I needed to improve much more in Smash and it was pretty cool cause even though Super Friends prolly knew they were gonna **** they were cool about it. Heh so ty Super Friends. Btw even though I can't really smash with peeps a lot (cept for my crew members aka cousins and friends) whenever you guys are having a smash fest or some **** tell me about it. I live in the area code 661 area aka Canyon Country, Santa Clarita Valley (close to Valencia if you still dunno what I'm talking about) which is like 15-30 min away from San Fernando.

O btw all your alias are on my memory card cause you guys played the final matches on my cube. Kind of stupid to point out, but still fun stuff =P.

Anyways even after that happened I had an arguement with Dope which was kinda humiliating, but not to the point that Sora is going to be humiliated. I knew for a fact that I was nothing compared to Dope, it was an arguement over whether or not speed effected the efficiency of mindgames (I was wrong) and we're cool now I think.

Lol big bunny trail, but about the whole FLT betting his smash career. I think instead of wagering something else this MM should be 1000$. Btw being that if FLT doesn't comply with your wager about him quitting smash if you win that you are convinced that he isn't as confident as he thinks he is, I'm sure you won't have a hard time doing this thing (being that you are so confident)for $1000 if FLT agrees. =). Other than that Hugs is also right about BS possibly happening even though the chances are slim to none in a 3/5 match its still possible, I wouldn't risk that if I was the greatest player in the world by a long shot.

1. Dude thats cool... n all but i feel this is something i have to do.. kinda like proveing myself. And no i wasent going to toss such cheesy line at you. I dont mind staying here and hanging and stuff.. but thats not why i came here, Everyone has their own reason of being here, im just looking for the next challenge, I apperchiate your sympithitic talk of me becomeing a "Good" player, But im already a "Great" player. And if i lose like everyone says i will. then i wont comeback, just like i stated before, Im Extremely confient in my ability im sure he is too. So He should have nothing to worry about.

2. I understand you like this guy, alot of people do, but still this is the wager, like you said hes too cool of guy to lose, that possibilty doesnt exist for him. He's not as good as you all say he is if he backs down from this. Hes apro for crying out loud, he cant lose to some " random kid " You should just put faith in his ability as fighter, you know how good he is, he shouldnt have a problem with this, its just away to prove myself, Everyone wants me to do so. So what better way than this. but if he is very good than.... like you said. he wont lose. he has nothing to worry about. im just somekid, Remember.

To #1 you should start saying good bye if you aren't going to come back after losing.

To #2 FLT's coolness has nothing to do with this, he is a pro smasher. If he was an *** it wouldn't change the fact that everyone thinks he can own you because he can and will. Also you are extremely confident in yourself thats good and so is he just like you said. The only difference is no one else is confident you cept yourself and everyone is confident in FLT. I wish you weren't stubborn then the truth would be very clear to you. Hell if you are really as confident as you say you are wager that new car you said you were getting.

On a sidenote how old are you Sora? O and also I like that cheap insult at FLT's typo of your name "Sona" you knew as well as anyone in posting in this thread that he was referring to you so quit it with the bull****.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I don't. In fact, most people probably wished they had that kind of confidence, but probably know better because they've played better players than themselves before.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Why does everyone feel the need to shake his confidence? =)
lol it's all good. Sora already agreed to a $70 match at least; it's set.

The next question is if he wants to up it to $100.

Sora do you have any friends who could potentially record this? We are having a bit of trouble coming up with recording equipment.

If you can't it's ok, we have guaranteed recording equipment, but the thing is it's a bit of a hassle to get.

Let us know tomorrow.

Once again, this match is going down this Saturday (9/23). Let us know if that day is ok.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
In the naaaaaaaaaaaame of looove!

quoted by: controlfreak7

That day I was finally convinced that I needed to improve much more in Smash and it was pretty cool cause even though Super Friends prolly knew they were gonna **** they were cool about it.
This is actually something that hasn't been addressed yet in much detail. Although this thread is full of abusive trash-talking and flaming, when you actually get right down to it, the people from this board (most of them anyway, I hope) are going to beat you, yes, but they are also going to be nice about it.

Everyone loves to talk crap on the internet, but when you guys are sitting on the couch in person, you will have nothing but support because we all love this game and love to be able to open a few minds to its depth. It all looks like hostility now, but when you get all the recording equipment together and all the travel arrangements...well, you'll play the money match, sure, but more importantly, there will no doubt be a Smash session of friendly matches to follow.

So just keep an open mind. Your pride is not worth giving up a chance to dig deeper into the game. It's very rewarding to journey towards pro status and it takes a long time (to the point where it even seems like you're getting worse at the game initially), but with patience, it's a great experience overall. I played Smash for eight years before I knew exactly how to tech, and I learned it from these boards. It's not the number of years experience you have, it's how you're using that time. If I could watch my Luigi videos from three years ago compared to now, I would be ashamed to have ever thought I was one of the best.

And you know what? If you lose and are humbled by the Smash community, I think you should come back to this thread and say so and then start reading and becoming an active member. Forget the "wager," just embrace the game. I'll bet that you would be very well-received. As others have said before me, we all used to have that uninformed overconfidence and we all know how humbling, but at the same time, exciting it is to uncover the true meat of the game. Recalling that, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be more than happy to be able to help you out.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Blah, it's a good thing I have nothing to do at work, it took quite awhile to delve into the deep recesses of this thread and find the subtle, gold filled chalice. Well, actually, it happened on the first page but I needed to make it sound somewhat epic.

I'm not sure whether it's even worth posting about the actual topic of this thread anymore, all of the pertinent information has been covered. Midway through I was a little surprised to see so many people refute the natural use of mindgames and strategy, for it seems to me that it would be integral if not down-right necessary for any competitive play. To me, regardless of whether or not one considers WD for instance useless "scooting", if you use or have the opportunity to use a WD even once in a 4 stock and it's beneficial, regardless of whether or not you CHOOSE to use the move (WD used as an example, this applies to pretty much anymove in SSBM) is irrelevant. It's basically a matter of having more... tools I suppose is the term, at your disposal. Thus if during combat, through combat experience, prediction and anticipation, you instinctively 'know' that an opponent will WDB, WDF, WDB, and then WDFS that you could WDB and smash, even if you don' t regularly use WD having that ability present to be used if needed is the key. Whether you use it or not is up to the player. As Bruce Lee often toted, one must flow in combat, but to do that one has to have the technical skills to have the most varied offence and defense mastered so that they come naturally. I think we all agree that (as said in this thread before) that over-thinking in combat is debilitating, but we also know that thinking is natural, it's just the speed of thought and the understanding that changes. A useful analogy would be akin to a driving standard. The mind still has to 'think' about necessary gear changes, decelerating and gear changing etc, but after time the amount of conscious thought that goes into it is less and less, to the point that it is almost subconscious, but there will always be a part of the mind that thinks about it. Lunin had it spot on with his breakdown, most of the debate here has been semantic in nature to me. In other words, the more one thinks about something in an effort to learn more, and become better, the less time during combat it will take for the gamut of thoughts to be run through. When greater understanding is achieved, that understanding becomes an axiom in the mind and no longer has to be thought about in detail, it instead simply has to be realized in combat, meaning that you need to realize that these factors come into play. Once done, because you have already done the extensive 'over-thinking' on the topic, all conclusions reached therein will automatically be factored in to the play style and thus deep thinking during combat is negated.

In referance to the debate about what is 'pro' and whatnot, although I might get flamed for this, I don't believe it matters. I started playing this game on the N64 because it was fun. I became obsessed because it was deep. That's enough for me. Don't get me wrong, of course I want to play on the 'pro' level, to test my mettle against those considered to be the greatest. As a die-hard Smasher, which we all must be to be here, it's exciting to challenge ones abilities against those heralded to be superior, and for good reason of course. If I lose at a pro tournament, I'll go away knowing I learned something and will still end up sitting at home smashing, and just enjoying the game. Not to say people here don't enjoy the game anymore, I just think the argument about what's pro or not doesn't matter. It's just a word after all. I think in the end it boils down to greater exposure, which obviously assists ones abilities, and making less mistakes, to put it simply. I think anyone has potential to be great, but those already filling those positions earned their titles and it's pretentious to call oneself pro without having beaten one, even if it's just at title in the end. Sorry, I suppose it sounds like I'm bashing our current crop of pros, not my intention of course. I'm not sure if that made sense, but alas, it's 5 AM and I'm tired.

I'm not sure if I should comment on this Sora chap. A new post methinks to avoid making this one longer than it already is.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Sorry these are back to back, nothing to do at work :p.

Sora, be ready for my two cents, for those epic little pennies are wavedashing to a forum near you!

D00d, I just really don't know what to say. I... applaud your confidence, and abrasive arrogance, but it just seems silly to post a lot of what you have. In the end this whole debate flamed from the fact that you consider yourself to be great, which is fine, a person who only meets dumb blondes will be under the impression that all blondes are dumb. All that aside, I don't really care about that, no matter what is said on either side nothing will make any differance until a match is fought. I'm obsessed with quoting Bruce Lee, so here comes another: "Never predict or assume the outcome of a fight, because it has not been fought". Simple. Direct. To the point. It remains true in Smash. Again, don't care, I just found it amusing how much arguing has ocurred based on things neither side can know, though I'm fairly sure these lads here ARE as good as purported and that the likely outcome is their victory, but it hasn't occurred yet so I reserve official judgment.

Back to the original topic that was the basis for all these shenanigans.

As I posted above this one, having access to the abilities is all that matters, being able to do the technical side is obviously important. That being said, I don't think it's integral to victory, but it **** well does help and not being able to do certain things will place one at a disadvantage in higher play. Some things are just needed so the opponent, especially a skilled one, will not capitalize on a failed, say, L-cancel of a Sword Plant with Rink wherein the delay could lead to a nasty juggle, if you don't DI. At higher levels, one MUST know these things so that the mental game is the only thing to be developed and if you lose you can't blame it on "cheapy MCcheap attack 1" but instead because you were out thought and out fought. Being that you acknowledged that you can do these things, saying this may seem moot but the way it was argued made it sound like you don't believe any advanced tech skillz are necessary. Look at Aniki, he may not WD, like ever, but he has to l-cancel to not get pwned. A few of his matches with Ken exemplifies this. Saying you can win without those necessary abilities would be like saying you can win without using Up-B. It'th jutht thilly. Learn all you can, so that if needed it's available. That is all.

Dreadnaught out.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and Lunin, wicked post d00d. I pretty much never post, but this warrented a comment. Well thought out, it's good to see those ideas written down, makes the understanding of these things, and some I'm going to have to work on because I hadn't thought about them, a little easier.

DefHalan

Smash Rookie
I think that you can only be a little better than your best opponent. So you may think you are one of the best but as soon as you leave your small town you get kicked off the side by some one you think was a NOOB.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
lol it's all good. Sora already agreed to a $70 match at least; it's set.

The next question is if he wants to up it to $100.

Sora do you have any friends who could potentially record this? We are having a bit of trouble coming up with recording equipment.

If you can't it's ok, we have guaranteed recording equipment, but the thing is it's a bit of a hassle to get.

Let us know tomorrow.

Once again, this match is going down this Saturday (9/23). Let us know if that day is ok.
Im not too sure that date is going to work... Isnt that tomorrows date ? if im not mistaken if you guy are comeing in around 2:00 Pm on that saturday. My rival er um, My pal might be working. But Im not trying to back out. I just need to ask if him if hes free, He normally get off pretty late on saturdays. but if hes free, or if he can get a sickday, then it should be a done deal. Equipment wise im not sure. I can ask and get back with you tomorrow to verifiy.

o man if sora is doing that just to get FLT to quit that means he has MIND GAMES! and he hasnt even picked up the controller yet! mb he really is great! hahahahahaha
:laugh: , Yea, Im like the Definition of Mind Games.

Sora do you mind keeping the wager simple: A $100 money match best 2 of 3 (or whatever you want).

Nobody wants you to quit smash if you lose, nobody wants flt to quit smash if he loses. I don't understand why you even include something silly like that into the wager.

Just keep it simple - $100 money match. if you win, you get immense bragging rights (and $100). if you lose you pay up $100, but we still want you to continue to post here and learn so you get better.

of course i'm not going to speak for him; i'll direct his attention to this topic when he's online, but I'm just saying I think the whole "quitting" business is silly. Nobody wants anybody to quit a game because of one lost wager.
No, my minds made up. and i said 50+ to 70. Afther this is said and done, i want to see how everyone reactions will be once its all over. As of now im expecting, everyone expects me to be 4 stocked all 5 rounds. Which may be true, I am just some kid afther all , so he has nothing to worry about.

I would like the match to be played on September 23rd (the next upcoming Saturday). We would arrive in Waco around 2pm. If you can give me your address and permission to show up we will do so. Also I will bring at least 1, if not 2, of Austin's top players.

The rules for the match are as follows (hopefully you will agree).

Best 3/5, no items, neutral stages only, 1 stage ban each
meaning there are 5 stages we can play on
pokemon stadium, final destination, dreamland, battlefield, yoshi story.
You may ban one of these stages for the duration of the bet.

Only problem: I have no video recording equipment and my passengers also have no video recording equipment. I hope we can work this problem out, a lot of people want to see the results.
Well just a few minor things: I dont want to be nickpicky, And I dont want any johns to come up later on for any team for reason of loseing. So lets be as fair as possible. Im thinking your style of gamplay is based on, or Includes Edgehoging, and spikeing. Based off the levels of your choice. If you want "stage advantage" then thats cool. I for one can play on any level. But what im not cool with is the 5- stage limit, Any professional can play on any level regardless of the level settings. A good fighter knows his strengths and his weaknesses, but a great fighter will find away around them. So if theres only one thing that im really pushing for, its this. I wish to inculde all levels playable with your choice of 1 ban. As for as stage selection goes: we set it to turns. that would make this more fair in arrangement.

Date: well dude, today is the 22nd that means you guys would be comeing tomorrow, Next saturday is the 30th, and that Saturday i have to go pick up mew. We can either do it later that saturday or the following saturday of October. And as of now i dont have the munny yet. So i really cant do it tomorrow.

For now.
The location is: 2412 Mitchell Avu, 76708 Waco Texas
( Im trying to get us located to a bigger house, I hope my friend Anthoney doesnt mind. so it may change but ill let you know if it does. )

O SH*T ITS FOR REAL BABY! Now wat will sora do?
I adcept, Its time for me to "get my game on "

Why does everyone feel the need to shake his confidence? =)
Their just your loyal fanboys dude, its cool.

meet up at someone elses house or some game-center so that if sora loses he doesn't have to have the humilation of losing a $50+ MM in his own house. I mean cmon.
Its going to be on videocam , and if i go somewhere else and he or i losses how will it be less humiliating ? One thing more.. not really directed to you luin, but to anyone answers i guess. Umm if i beat him atleast once out of 3 of 5 rounds. Do i get some acknowledgement for beating him atleast once.. i do i have to win the entire. im just trying find out how you all run things.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Umm if i beat him atleast once out of 3 of 5 rounds. Do i get some acknowledgement for beating him atleast once.. i do i have to win the entire. im just trying find out how you all run things.
Beating him once will mean absolutely nothing. You have to win the entire set to gain respect.

Taking 1 or 2 stocks of him in games means nothing. You have to win the set, plain and simple.

Nobody expects you to get 4 stocked like you keep talking about. Everyone expects you to lose the set. I think it's important to keep this into perspective.

And alright $70 it is your rules.

Is it ok that we come tomorrow or what? We'd preferably like an answer sometime today; I could not tell from your post if tomorrow was a good day.

Frankly speaking, we don't really care if your team partner is present or not. The main stage match involves only you.

Anyways reply back if tomorrow is an acceptable day for us to drive up to Waco to your place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom