• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some rules I followed to get better, by LunInSpectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Soras Answer:
Zoso i thought this was done already, kay tho i never heard of any of these people,or where and how can i find them . And if there not in texas, its gonna be awhile, since i cant leave texas untill im 19. but you know, im ready
You better be ready, because you are about to be owned...

Brookman

Smash Hero
nice sig lance...lol. let's try and get this topic back to +50 in IQ points, unfortunately it is 2:20 and my brani isn't working, tomorrow though, I'll try and post intelligently, promise.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think raserucort is pretty entertaining. i also think this may have been touched on before, but all the stuff that Lunin has explained comes second-nature to "good" people. the good/experienced smashers have been doing this ish for so long, that they can do it without focusing as hard on it, making it more consistent and more effective. just like everything, it must be practiced and experienced, for mastery.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
sora the keyblade master.....i thinks dats ur name...if u want people to accept dat u r good...then y dont u just post the names of the people u beat in those tournaments...then we'll kno if ur good or not...and i'll give u sum slack since u just joined smashboards...but just go to the tournament section more and find one of the big tournaments....cuz u keep saying u beat all these people but who r they?....what r there names....and like some1 else already asked...who r the other 2 top ranked players in texas...in your opinion.....peace

-hiroshi

unknownforce

Smash Lord
What happened? This thread was on a recovery when I posted last. Curse you Sora!

Oh well, at least some people could benefit from the insight of certain players. Glad G-reg sees the game in the same way I do :)

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
I found this post very helpful. I play sorta read and react in my game, which I need to fix. Because I react too slowly and overthink leading to my losses. I need to get in the habit of certain things such as L-cancelling insted of THINKING about doing them. I'll take this to mind.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
oooh boi...another success story....wow...i am so happy i read this...if u guys remember...i posted earlier talking about how i did pretty well at my local area tournament after reading this post...well...i went to one of my crew members houses yesterday after doing much training at my house to gtet my tech skill better...i usually get pwned by him..like he always more than i do...a lot more...but this time...i started playing a lot smarter...i was rele trying to react to him in the smartest possible way...and since my tech skill was no longer holding me down...i didnt even think about it....all i was thinking about was what was the smartest move at any giving time...as fast as we play...it only takes u fractions of a sec. to realize which move u wanna though...i actually felt myself thinking in my head about how i was gonna counteract his way of playing....it was amazing...i am rele amped for my next tourney cuz i think i can rele up the ante and do even better than 7th place...this post is rele pure genius....peace

-hiroshi

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
sora the keyblade master.....i thinks dats ur name...if u want people to accept dat u r good...then y dont u just post the names of the people u beat in those tournaments...then we'll kno if ur good or not...and i'll give u sum slack since u just joined smashboards...but just go to the tournament section more and find one of the big tournaments....cuz u keep saying u beat all these people but who r they?....what r there names....and like some1 else already asked...who r the other 2 top ranked players in texas...in your opinion.....peace

-hiroshi
No, the Names Max, Hmm ok lemme get this straight you want me to post the names of everyone i ever beat in a tournament,ok not only do i not go around asking people their names, but why would i even remember that ? Ok the only few people extrodinary peoples i do remember, was a guy name Alex, from "san antonio", A shilo Diaz," Anthoney hillard" and a "Rymone Clark "both from waco texas.

not in my oppinon but our smash comnuinty as awhole has ranked These people as the best lemme but this in terms where everyone can understand, Oh and listen i dont want slack nore do i need it. But heres the info you asked for.

" Very High Tiers "
Max Phenix: me
Rymone Clark: Just recently met through a tournament
Alex or Zeak not sure what his real name is, this are the people, now believe what you want, i could care less, I have the names of some of the best players in texas, but these are believe to be the best.

click the edit button you noob. go to a quality tournament and play quality players and after they easily 5 stock you in a 3 stock match quit your trash talk, or better yet, quit playing smash. this community doesn't need people who make alternate accounts in order to spread their own name and refuse to listen to more experience players etc.
1. who are you,
2. dont just jump into a conversation, bashing people, it makes you look stupid and unEducated, you type as if your some driveby noobie.
3.listen i dont care who you are, or who you think you are, stfu and get off this section.
4. i go to quality tournaments all the time, how many tournaments have you won ? in fact i dont even care, say want you want, but as explain i dont make alternate.... why am even explaining myself to you, your just random drive by poster. * puts you on iggy ahead of time.*

Oh and for the record , the admins should be able you check our computer ip adresses, so if they really thought i made another, they could just check both account for the same ip adress, And found out, Now as i said before stfu and get off this section.

Brookman

Smash Hero
oh yea sora, you're right, i apologize for everything I said. I didn't realized you and the other 2 best players in TX were: Max Phenix, Rymone Clark, Alex or Zeak. f I had known you really were the best I wouldn't have been so quick to sling mud your way. now that I know that you are the world renowned phenix I take everything back

Cort

Apple Head
Man, one time I played Alex or Zeak and he ***** me. Like seriously my large intestine will never serve it's function again.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the kid is obviously 12, and if hes older, than hes acting 12. anyone who claims to be good/knowledgable at melee without hearing about and playing any smashers from MLG, especially in his own state, is obviously acting very immature and ignorant. come on, friend, the boards can be a fun and helpful place. all you have to do is take the first step, accept that you know little, and learn from people who know more than you.

Brookman

Smash Hero
wow, G-reg is so amazing. everything he says just is so amazingly amazering. long live g-regulate

Brookman

Smash Hero
that is gross, I hope no one shakes your hands after matches or touches your controller or anything

Cort

Apple Head
Hahaha, everytime you visit the bathroom you should wash them.

I think I'm gonna stop shaking people's hands after matches now >_>

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
oh yea sora, you're right, i apologize for everything I said. I didn't realized you and the other 2 best players in TX were: Max Phenix, Rymone Clark, Alex or Zeak. f I had known you really were the best I wouldn't have been so quick to sling mud your way. now that I know that you are the world renowned phenix I take everything back
My response: lol, yea now show some respect, i understand you didnt know, your new, just remember my face next time, this and only this time, ill forgive you

Man, one time I played Alex or Zeak and he ***** me. Like seriously my large intestine will never serve it's function again.
This one was even more halirious.

the kid is obviously 12, and if hes older, than hes acting 12. anyone who claims to be good/knowledgable at melee without hearing about and playing any smashers from MLG, especially in his own state, is obviously acting very immature and ignorant. come on, friend, the boards can be a fun and helpful place. all you have to do is take the first step, accept that you know little, and learn from people who know more than you.
You make it sound as if im in AA class, ok ill admit i have been very delusional, luin dude, you will never believe it, it was just like you said ! i went to a M-L tournament and dude i was, like, what you all said, whats that word ? when a guy snatches up a girl walking through a dark ally at night ? yea thats it "*****"! i was so surprised haveing my virginity/ first lost/ or winning streak, takeing away from me like that, i mean the dude picked a jigglypuff, and i had got link, you know me, being the extreme n"oooo"bie that i am,I picked link and thought i had the game in the bag,

i mean it was 6 man stocked i didnt even ko him once ! i was so shocked. :( the first thing that came to my mind was, Luin was right, here i was, thinking i was the best in texas, even tho ive beat 15 tournament statewide with alot of very decent player, some good and few bad, and even some undergound ones as well, even some held in stinky basement with only 5 to 6 people from smashboards !!. then dude G-Regulate i seen your post, Even tho ive been playing this game since the year "02" and knew every advance tech and use them perfectly at will, you know except wave dashing,OH by the way ! i saw something really amazing with that, dude ! i was fighting a guy in the tournament, and i useing the stab down with link, he wave dashed backwards ! to avoid being hit ! i mean like whoa !!!!! even tho he could have rolled or dodge it, i mean still why go into the animation when you can SCOOT !, then when i was trying to get back on, he Scooted to the edge, and i fell !

Never before have i seen such unparrelled showmenship ! that stuff can only been seen in the MLG Baby i tell you ! Anyway back to what i was saying. Even tho ive played the game for so long, and tho i know how to use ALL the techs, this had lead me to believe that over my +15 tournaments, and 4 years of experience, I KNOW NOTHING or VERY LITTLE about the game, Big G-Reg, it amazeing how you never seen me play before, but you you cant tell i know nothing about the game, one would almost think it could the same way, but in reverse, i never seen such and such play, but he knows everything. But that just my noobie brain thinking. so i will listen those who are most better than me , please i dont want to be 12 years old arrogrant over confident cocky, Inuyasha, Sasuke, Vegeta wanna be anymore !.

* lowers head * Thanks to this website i now know my skills are nothing more but a insect on the windshield wipers of a gods care * ( gods being you guys far better than me ) im mean im not even in the middle, im on the far edge where the wipers cant even reach.:(

Dear Die-HaRD mEMbers of sMASh boARds, Thanks for showing me the way to richisnous, The Smashboard way is the onlyway, if your not on this website, your just a nobody, even tho this isnt the offical nintendo smash bros website. ;) keep up the good work everyone and continue to show noobies like me, were nobodys , even tho we havent heard of 99.9 percents of the members here. you guys... Rule. When i grow up, i hope i come to have atleast half the talent you guys have.

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
im gonna have to agree thats so much thought for some very self thought muscle memory things its a great post for more non experienced people but i think alot of the things you talk about are already known by with out even thinking about it (if that makes sense) anyways i love that Signature Dance Bobby Dance

Raedien

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to point out that by simply attempting the earlier "habits" the last is a given.
I would prefer a change to simply "Emotional Control."

Ranking tournament players win and lose by mistakes, often forcing them upon their opponents or by the opponent not knowing enough technical game to NOT do something silly.

Then they get frustrated...which leads to more mistakes.

Whenever I am trying to help someone on Smash I observe many of the same things you (Rey) have addressed. But handling those things while "freaking out" is next to impossible.

A calm, steady approach to getting better or maintaining a match can improve a players game exponentially if not immediately.

As an example: I attended a local tournment in Newark, Ohio the summer before last.
I, of course, was in the final round facing a Luigi player I didn't recognize.
I assumed he was pretty good to make it there and, quite frankly, was glad it was him instead of this Puff player I had my eye on the whole tourney.

I, as black Link, started the match as I always do.
During the first life of the 4 stock item match, we tested eachothers defenses, habits, etc.
I KNEW I could beat this guy, simply because I play someone better than him (who uses Luigi) all the time. However, he happened to get the first kill. "No worries" I told myself, for the aforementioned reason.

A heart spawned while I died. Now it was 4-3.

Still not worried. Rather than freakin' out, I remain confident and proceed to beat the tar out of him until it's 1-1, no damage either way.

Now I realize this is not an "extreme" example. I have won 2-1 games outnumbered 4 times stock wise. But that isn't the point. I get frustrated with people who GET frustrated, or even worse, give up entirely. You will never, EVER get better by getting emotional and/or quitting.

Keep a level head, analyze why you are winning/losing while you are doing it and maintain your composure. Even if you lose, you should have learned why.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Raedien: Very nice post. This is something that should be common sense, but I think that a lot of people forget it too often. I made this mistake at OC2 in the singles; I did really horrible compared to how I normally play, and I'm still mad at myself for it. My first match was against a Samus, and I have 2 friends who play Samus a lot so I was perfectly comfortable with that, and so I won the match. But then I played an IC, and I had never played a decent IC before, so I was really nervous. As soon as he started winning from the beginning of the first round, it all went down hill from there. I became too scared to try anything, and ended up doing the same things over and over again even though I didn't want to. It was like I couldn't control myself. After that I just played horrible the rest of the pool and lost the rest of the matches. Although I'm pretty sure I still would have lost the rest of the matches anyway, because the other people were really good. But I'm still dissapointed at how bad I played against them, even if I still would have lost.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
+rep.

Always good to see someone contributing something that isn't useless spam in the Melee Discussion. Good work.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
i Agree with you 100% Lunin Spectra. I'd like to also add that experience plays a key role in smash. Those habits develop after experience and time.

Brookman

Smash Hero
My response: lol, yea now show some respect, i understand you didnt know, your new, just remember my face next time, this and only this time, ill forgive you

-_-'

that's pretty much all there is to say about that.

I'm glad you got put in your place and now you know where you stand in the smash scene, about 5 years ago when the game first came out. now stay in school and learn to speel carrectlee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom