• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some rules I followed to get better, by LunInSpectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
ah, the local gamestore. go to a real tournament, one held by people on smashboards. there is a BIG difference in skill. please. you and your cocky attitude would get *****. do you really believe that the guy was a pro? especially since he got demolished by somebody who hasnt a clue of what advanced techniques are. with your little knowledge of advanced techniques, you base your "facts" on opinions. you are biased. does it really matter how many tournaments you've won? anybody can win a random tournament. if you have been to so many tournaments, how come nobody has heard of you? go prove yourself in a REAL tournament. please do not make automatic assumptions about advanced techniques if you really do not have any idea how to use them, or recognize how efficient they are when used.
lol... forgive me, but you said one thats been held by someone on smashboards.. Define the world "real"i dont how you guys pioritirize your tournaments, tournaments held by local people are less real to me. and sorry but i think if there two tournamens going on at the sametime, and one was in someones basement and one was at a gamestop store i believe more people would go to a gamestore, but thats just me. Maybe you you didnt see the part of my post that said "Held by people, ect" afther going to a tourny dallas tx, they said i should check this website saying i would find even better people here, dont you get it? im here because i fought some of "so called best" people who can wavedash and call themselfs profesionals from smashbords.

Wave dashing is so overrated its pathetic, dont get me wrong i can wavedash and do it perfect it just seems so pointless, but thats a pro tech." all the pros can do it." Hmm... okay who sayd i knew nothing of advance tech ?Maybe you should have stoped and listen before assumeing things, by being caught in a hype, not once did i say i cant do those thing. The only NEW and very ambigous info i got from this site, that i did not know of previously was the word " Shine " for foxs reflector. I can wall tech, air dodge, do all the other so call advance tech my friend knew of them too. As i said before he was only new to wave dashing and l-canc.Most of the information is covered in the basic" how to play" on melee.

The only thing i found at this site, were Die-hard smashboards fans. with little to no talent, caught up in useless nicknames for already well known tatics. I must admit, you talk trash nice, but when playing against someone like me, that will only get you two things, thats beat and fast.

Oh and dont mistake my presence of being here, im not here for respect, respect espsically comeing from people i dont know, mean less than nothing to me.

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
lol... forgive me, but you said one thats been held by someone on smashboards.. Maybe you you didnt see the part of my post that said "Held by people, ect" afther going to a tourny dallas tx, they said i should check this website saying i would find even better people here, dont you get it? im here because i fought some of "so called best" people who can wavedash and call themselfs profesionals from smashbords.

Wave dashing is so overrated its pathetic, dont get me wrong i can wavedash and do it perfect it just seems so pointless, but thats a pro tech." all the pros can do it." Hmm... okay who sayd i knew nothing of advance tech ?Maybe you should have stoped and listen before assumeing things, by being caught in a hype, not once did i say i cant do those thing. The only NEW and very ambigous info i got from this site, that i did not know of previously was the word " Shine " for foxs relfector. I can wall tech, air dodge, do all the other so call advance tech my friend knew of them too. As i said before he was only new to wave dashing and l-canc.Most of the information is covered in the basic" how to play" on melee.

The only thing i found at this site, were Die-hard smashboards fans. with little to no talent, caught up in useless nicknames for already well known tatics. I must admit, you talk trash nice, but when playing against someone like me, that will only get you two things, thats beat and fast.
wavedashing is only overrated by anti-advanced technique noobs and advanced technique reliant noobs. you may be able to wavedash, but that does NOT mean you know when to use it. the only time wavedashing would be bad is if some noob spammed it across the level or used it in a situation where ANYTHING would have been better. wavedashing has its ups and downs. downs if you dont know how to use it correctly.

LMAO at most of the information being covered in the basic how to play video. that is a horrible video to get anyone started playing competitively. please, stop posting here.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
when playing against someone like me, that will only get you two things, thats beat and fast.
Lol. I hate to break it to you, but nobody takes you seriously.

Why would you say things like "I've never lost a tourney," if not to garner respect?

If you think wave-dashing is overrated, go out and ****ing prove it. As it stands, there is a massive body of evidence to the contrary.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
lmao..

lol... forgive me, but you said one thats been held by someone on smashboards.. Maybe you you didnt see the part of my post that said "Held by people, ect" afther going to a tourny dallas tx, they said i should check this website saying i would find even better people here, dont you get it? im here because i fought some of "so called best" people who can wavedash and call themselfs profesionals from smashbords.

Wave dashing is so overrated its pathetic, dont get me wrong i can wavedash and do it perfect it just seems so pointless, but thats a pro tech." all the pros can do it." Hmm... okay who sayd i knew nothing of advance tech ?Maybe you should have stoped and listen before assumeing things, by being caught in a hype, not once did i say i cant do those thing. The only NEW and very ambigous info i got from this site, that i did not know of previously was the word " Shine " for foxs relfector. I can wall tech, air dodge, do all the other so call advance tech my friend knew of them too. As i said before he was only new to wave dashing and l-canc.Most of the information is covered in the basic" how to play" on melee.

Oh and dont mistake presence of being here, im not here for respect, respect espsically comeing from people i dont know, mean less than nothing to me.
If the ppl in this site have little to no talent then what are u doing here? u dont know what? 99.9% of the ppl in these forums so u cant judge any1 here.Wavedashing isnt pointless or pathetic if u dont use it into ur gameplay then thats fine. You dont need to wavedash or use any type of advanced tech to win.Noone needs you here if your going to bash ppl or threads here aginst "die hard smash fans"

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I hate to break it to you, but nobody takes you seriously.

Why would you say things like "I've never lost a tourney," if not to garner respect?

If you think wave-dashing is overrated, go out and ****ing prove it. As it stands, there is a massive body of evidence to the contrary.
To emphisize on the point that im a pretty decent player, i didnt know respect came with that. i told you my point of doing it.

Didnt i ? just above ? that best socalled professional wave dasher i fought in the dallas tourny.

Jeveras as far as takeing you seriously. that stop over 9 post ago. if you cant come with anything better, please refrain yourself from posting directly to me.

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
To emphisize on the point that im a pretty decent player, i didnt know respect came with that. i told you my point of doing it.

Didnt i ? just above ? that best socalled professional wave dasher i fought in the dallas tourny.

Jeveras as far as takeing you seriously. that stop over 9 post ago. if you cant come with anything better, please refrain yourself from posting directly to me.
professional wavedasher LMAO
you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. each and every one of your posts here are biased. there is a big difference between knowing how to do a technique and knowing when to use it. please, quit posting this bull**** and get out.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
If the ppl in this site have little to no talent then what are u doing here? u dont know what? 99.9% of the ppl in these forums so u cant judge any1 here.Wavedashing isnt pointless or pathetic if u dont use it into ur gameplay then thats fine. You dont need to wavedash or use any type of advanced tech to win.Noone needs you here if your going to bash ppl or threads here aginst "die hard smash fans"
Calm down, die-hard board fan, i was merely talking about Jeveras when i said that, and he knows it. And i didnt say ALL people here, have little to no talent. I said the die-hard ones, sorry if you felt that ment you too. But i was mostly talking about him, and a few others that act like. Thus emphisizeing the diehard part. You right, i cant judge anyone if i dont know them. but base on a thought of judgement, from what i did read. it sums itself up pretty well.
And i wasnt bashing anyone.. go take a timeout or breather, and get yourself undercotroll.
as i said , the bullet wasnt aim at you. but if you felt its blow, then oh well. it missed its mark. once again sorry dude.

ZoSo

Smash Champion

Like I said, beating that player doesn't really prove anything. Nobody said that being able to wave-dash will make you a good player. However, the top players are all familiar with advanced techniques, even if they don't always use them.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
professional wavedasher LMAO
you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. each and every one of your posts here are biased. there is a big difference between knowing how to do a technique and knowing when to use it. please, quit posting this bull**** and get out.
thats why i said so-called

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Ugh. This thread had so much potential.

Sora: Advanced techs are useful. Period. If you think otherwise, go out and show the community the error of its ways. If you're not prepared to do that, don't post in this thread.

No offense, but a lot of players sound just like you during their noob phase.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Dude ZoSo. I wouldn't fight Sora. He's got a ****ing keyblade. A ****ING KEYBLADE!

>_>

That's all from me. Sorry to troll your topic. GO ZOSO! *turns cap*

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Dude ZoSo. I wouldn't fight Sora. He's got a ****ing keyblade. A ****ING KEYBLADE!

>_>

That's all from me. Sorry to troll your topic. GO ZOSO! *turns cap*
Hahahahahahah....Good stuff.

So yeah.

No one says (or can say it and be right) that certain advanced techs are needed in order to be great at this game. They are just there wether or not you decide to use them. But they can help one's game if they decide to learn how to incorporate and use them to their fullest advantage.

I'd barely call my self decent within the general spectrum of players. But I do know that techniques like wavedashing have made me a better player.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
I strongly disagree with anyone who says a pro doesn't do this stuff. Strongly. Read my post on the first page regarding flamestar if you want to see why. (it might be 2nd...maybe even 3rd iono. LoL but I'm sure its not 7th...............or is it)

To Sora:

Do you know what a pro is? Like...do you KNOW what a pro is? (People here with experience will know why I asked the question twice.)

I've been to like what...30 tournaments or so? I can honestly say I have the highest tech skill in NorCal and can use it effectively (under isai...isai does a lot of stuff that looks hot but won't do it if its going to be recorded). But guess what...I DIDN'T WIN MOST OF THOSE TOURNAMENTS!

I thought I was good, I went to MLG SF and got *****. Owned. I beat some guy's Yoshi in pools and never played again. :). Go to a major tournament, thats when you'll realize, "wow, my local community really just sucks".

When you get to a certain point of play...a certain realization, you'll be like, "Wow, Lunin is right...". And if you say, "Pros don't do this", are you a pro? Have you ever thought that way effectively? Maybe thats why you're not a pro. Thats only directed to the overly pessimistic posters, not to the posters who say, "it'll be a hard to think that way".

Blood Falcon

Smash Journeyman
It's all subconscious and instinct, to me.
yeah true, i think its also:

-experience
-learning the basics to playing a good game
-the ability to adapt to new situations quickly
-speed with control
-perseverance
-MINDGAMES
-skill/practice
-a little luck

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Calm down, die-hard board fan, i was merely talking about Jeveras when i said that, and he knows it. And i didnt say ALL people here, have little to no talent. I said the die-hard ones, sorry if you felt that ment you too. But i was mostly talking about him, and a few others that act like. Thus emphisizeing the diehard part. You right, i cant judge anyone if i dont know them. but base on a thought of judgement, from what i did read. it sums itself up pretty well.
And i wasnt bashing anyone.. go take a timeout or breather, and get yourself undercotroll.
as i said , the bullet wasnt aim at you. but if you felt its blow, then oh well. it missed its mark. once again sorry dude.
lmao i quoted you because ur not the only 1 that comes in here with that same attitude and post things like you as there first posts -=P

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
I actually agree with everything that Lunin posted. When you get to High-level play, you really start to realize the complexities of each and every match.

Well,ths is all well and good,but it can actually kill your gameplay,here is why:

Typically,when you try to put emphasis on establishing an effective tactice on every type of attacks,it can be overwelming due to the fact that attacks and mindgames should come naturaly.Trying to do one set move,or trying to figure out the correct counter is almost impossable.

Trying to use strategic thinking over natural reflexes can wind up leading you closer to death than one might think.In smash,attacks,combos,mindgames must all come natural,otherwise,just trying to figure out every possible counter against an attack will e overwelming,and just make you a sitting duck.

An effective mindgame is brought up spontaniously out of a reflex,not a movement from memory,because only having a memorized set of spontanious movements will add to your predictability.

Basically what i'm saying is,don't think too hard,and make up as you go.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
very nice post....i ave to say i am one of the players dat was too dedicated on getting my tech skill down...i had the skill but lost way too much....but now i must say...i am going to try and slow down and think just a little bit mo'...i have a local tournament coming up this sat...so i will apply this theory there and see what happens....thanx for thread.....i enjoyed reading it.....peace

-hiroshi

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
Well,ths is all well and good,but it can actually kill your gameplay,here is why:

Typically,when you try to put emphasis on establishing an effective tactice on every type of attacks,it can be overwelming due to the fact that attacks and mindgames should come naturaly.Trying to do one set move,or trying to figure out the correct counter is almost impossable.

Trying to use strategic thinking over natural reflexes can wind up leading you closer to death than one might think.In smash,attacks,combos,mindgames must all come natural,otherwise,just trying to figure out every possible counter against an attack will e overwelming,and just make you a sitting duck.

An effective mindgame is brought up spontaniously out of a reflex,not a movement from memory,because only having a memorized set of spontanious movements will add to your predictability.

Basically what i'm saying is,don't think too hard,and make up as you go.
I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but where do you rank among the smash community. Top 5 all the time or top 20 all the time? (In semi-local tournies, i.e. excluding ebgames)

If you say it jacks you up, you better be top 5. If you're top 20, you don't qualify to post, obviously. If you are about to scream at me, think about it first. Think. Think. Think.

To be less harsh, here's an example:

You put too much thought into it.

I believe that most smashers do these things subconciously; only a few are aware.

I think most of us act on impulse, do things because of experience.
And I respond to this guy with:

Then again only a few are professional.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but where do you rank among the smash community. Top 5 all the time or top 20 all the time? (In semi-local tournies, i.e. excluding ebgames)

If you say it jacks you up, you better be top 5. If you're top 20, you don't qualify to post, obviously. If you are about to scream at me, think about it first. Think. Think. Think.

To be less harsh, here's an example:

And I respond to this guy with:

Then again only a few are professional.
Jeez man,don't be such an ars,all said was that using pre thought strategies can leave you open.Sure,i have no tournament experiance,i'm getting better as well(To a certain limitation),and i will go to a tournament,but i got to find one that isn't very,very far like the other tournies in Califonia(I live in SoCal, don't know if there are any going on now,but i'll check the tournament locator)

You also say that because i have not made high ranks that i'm not allowed to post,what aout the other people who have posted as well,does that mean they cant ether??.Well let me ask you what rank are you??What tournaments have you won??What is your average rank??

You asked me questions,so can i ask you some as well??

Taisa

Smash Rookie
A pro knows technical to a point where it's muscle memory. When you don't have to pay as much attention to spacing and the rythym of the buttons due to this, you have more time to think about what strategies to use against your opponent.

Of course, this is why I strongly DISCOURAGE using these 7 things in a match unless you can manage to think about little else. If your rythym can be thrown off by your surroundings, your opponent (who they are, not how they play) etc, then you have more to work on than this. This is for god tier players to play with all day, and if you're sitting at mid tier all this will do is frustrate you as you try to juggle too much at once and end up memorizing and learning less than taking one thing at a time.

So yeah, great post, but no, this isn't for people at every level of play.

A pro knows technical to a point where it's muscle memory. When you don't have to pay as much attention to spacing and the rythym of the buttons due to this, you have more time to think about what strategies to use against your opponent.

Of course, this is why I strongly DISCOURAGE using these 7 things in a match unless you can manage to think about little else. If your rythym can be thrown off by your surroundings, your opponent (who they are, not how they play) etc, then you have more to work on than this. This is for god tier players to play with all day, and if you're sitting at mid tier all this will do is frustrate you as you try to juggle too much at once and end up memorizing and learning less than taking one thing at a time.

So yeah, great post, but no, this isn't for people at every level of play.
That's what i've been trying to say before,thanks,hopefully some one will listen.

SDs are mind games too..Lmao.:laugh:

Vall3y

Smash Lord
in other fighting games (like smash) you DO have to think while playing.
if you act by impulse and do what ever you feel you will get owned.
just a quick example from ST2 (im no pro at this but i have an idea) lets say i threw you with ryu so that you fell and you are about to wake up next to me. im gonna hit with a crouching high kick, which you block low. next time i drop you, i am going to expect a low block. i will use a standing medium punch (which lets say hits crouching opponents). one player can block low again expecting the crouching kick, but the other will know what i am expecting and block high.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@Lunin- You have some really good points. Even if some people don't, I totally get what you're saying.

I especially wanted to point out the noob comments, they think that if they get someone that's good down to 2-stock they did something great...even when the better player that got 2-stocked KNEW the whole match that he/she had the upper hand...****ing noobs.

You guys should really be open-minded about the higher meaning of what Lunin is trying to say....ever seen that movie with Robin Williams and he's a doctor or something that always wears a clown nose...anyways, remember the old lady that kept asking him how many fingers she was holding up? If you know the movie you'll get what i'm saying.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I believe that most smashers do these things subconciously; only a few are aware.
true, but they still do it nonetheless, and its effective. it just comes with experience of playing the game. like riding a bike, or driving manual transmission. the more you play, the more it becomes habit, and the more consistent it becomes........ hence, the better you will get

Brookman

Smash Hero
Maybe you you didnt see the part of my post that said "Held by people, ect" afther going to a tourny dallas tx, they said i should check this website saying i would find even better people here, dont you get it? im here because i fought some of "so called best" people who can wavedash and call themselfs profesionals from smashbords.

um...I don't believe the so called 'best' live anywhere near TX...

doesnt' mookie rah own tx with mewtwo > _ >

edit: just kidding, lol.

anyway...let's review my tourny priorities:

tournament held at a LOCAL gamestop...tournament held at KDJ's house in MA...which do I go to?

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman

Sora: Advanced techs are useful. Period. If you think otherwise, go out and show the community the error of its ways. If you're not prepared to do that, don't post in this thread.

Dude, dont you think i know that already ? I use most of them myself, Did i ever say advance techs were pointless ? dont forcefeed words down my mouth, i didnt say that. your doing the same jervas did, when assuming i couldnt use them. make sure your facts or facts when saying something like. And no offense taken about the noob comment, But i was going to say the samething about you.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Dude, dont you think i know that already ? I use most of them myself, Did i ever say advance techs were pointless ? dont forcefeed words down my mouth, i didnt say that. your doing the same jervas did, when assuming i couldnt use them. make sure your facts or facts when saying something like. And no offense taken about the noob comment, But i was going to say the samething about you.
For the sake of clarity: Which advanced techs do you use? Which ones are useless?

You never acknowledged that advanced techs are useful. Pretty much all you said was that one doesn't need advanced techs to be a pro (which is wrong) and that wave-dashing is overrated (also wrong).

My skill is not on trial here. I know many professionals—players far better than you or me—who would vouch for me.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
I strongly disagree with anyone who says a pro doesn't do this stuff. Strongly. Read my post on the first page regarding flamestar if you want to see why. (it might be 2nd...maybe even 3rd iono. LoL but I'm sure its not 7th...............or is it)

To Sora:

Do you know what a pro is? Like...do you KNOW what a pro is? (People here with experience will know why I asked the question twice.)

I've been to like what...30 tournaments or so? I can honestly say I have the highest tech skill in NorCal and can use it effectively (under isai...isai does a lot of stuff that looks hot but won't do it if its going to be recorded). But guess what...I DIDN'T WIN MOST OF THOSE TOURNAMENTS!

I thought I was good, I went to MLG SF and got *****. Owned. I beat some guy's Yoshi in pools and never played again. :). Go to a major tournament, thats when you'll realize, "wow, my local community really just sucks".

When you get to a certain point of play...a certain realization, you'll be like, "Wow, Lunin is right...". And if you say, "Pros don't do this", are you a pro? Have you ever thought that way effectively? Maybe thats why you're not a pro. Thats only directed to the overly pessimistic posters, not to the posters who say, "it'll be a hard to think that way".
Hmmm.. Lets see, Obviously no one here knows what a pro is, either. Or atleast everyone has their own definition of it. Everytime i ask someone, they dodge the qusetion. or give me a difrent answer, acording to someone " apro is somone who use all advance techs , and know when and where to use them" then someone else, i believe said" no, theres more to it than that " Personally believe theirs not a set defitnition for it. ,

And just so you all i know, i dont only play "local tournaments" Ive played in difrent tournament statewide, And this is Texas, I believe its 4th biggest state in the unitedstates. And ive won everyone ive been too, And never once did I "wave dash", numerous amount of people, have called me a pro ,first hand. So regardless of what your standards are, I know what ive been called. And to all the tournaments ive went to, I can honestly say ive NEVER been as you love to say "*****" NO ONE have ever made me, second guess my talent,
I went to tournamnets held by people at smashboards,local tournys, underground, smash fest, ect. I could go on with this allday, so ill stop. My point is, Me and you, are two difrent people. our level of gameplay obviously differs from each other. People have told me, oh those are babby tournys, they mean nothing, Go to " such and such " thats where all the good people are at, they will own you. Why do you think ive been to 15 difrent tournaments worldwide ? And everytime I tell someone this, their steady tossing "johns" at me.

I can honestly say, ive fought better people at local tournys, than at one held by people at smashboards. As Naruto would say " Believe it " I dont know what your level of respect is apon this comunity,Tho You made very good points,... but, As far as im concern" respect wise" your just another jeveras to me. I Take what you have to say as less than a grain of salt.

Im not Cocky, or Overconfident. I just have something called confidence: It comes froms defeating an opponets over and over. Good and Bad.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of clarity: Which advanced techs do you use? Which ones are useless?

You never acknowledged that advanced techs are useful. Pretty much all you said was that one doesn't need advanced techs to be a pro (which is wrong) and that wave-dashing is overrated (also wrong).

My skill is not on trial here. I know many professionals—players far better than you or me—who would vouch for me.
Afew post ago, i said i knew how to use all of them, when i was arguing with jerevas. did you not get that ? Who ever qusetioned your skill ? speak for your self, better than you maybe , but dont speak on my behalf aswell, And i dont need other people to vouch for me, my talent speaks for itself.

Sorry for the d-post, but i dont have allday to argu with unknown faces over the internet, i got to go to work.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Afew post ago, i said i knew how to use all of them, when i was arguing with jerevas. did you not get that ? Who ever qusetioned your skill ? speak for your self, better than you maybe , but dont speak on my behalf aswell, And i dont need other people to vouch for me, my talent speaks for itself.
I didn't ask which techs you know how to do. I asked which ones you use. If the answer is "none of them," you aren't as good at them as you think, or else you'd recognize their uses.

Talent can't be observed via the Internet. Any novice can come on here and claim to be good based on the results of inconsequential local tournaments. In fact, most of them do.

Hmmm.. Lets see, Obviously no one here knows what a pro is, either. Or atleast everyone has their own definition of it.
As I said, the definition of a "pro" put forth by this thread is admittedly vague. Here's what I think Lunin was getting at:

A pro is a player who:
-is a reputable and respected member of the Smash community at large (outside their own town, county, state, et cetera).
-has attended major, national tournaments and placed respectably.

Why do you think ive been to 15 difrent tournaments worldwide ? And everytime I tell someone this, their steady tossing "johns" at me.
The world consists of more than Texas. Nobody is "tossing johns." They're right to question you.

I can honestly say, ive fought better people at local tournys, than at one held by people at smashboards. As Naruto would say " Believe it "
Nobody is saying that posting on Smashboards makes you good, either.

Im not Cocky, or Overconfident. I just have something called confidence: It comes froms defeating an opponets over and over.
If such is the case, I would venture to guess that none of your opponents were any good.

You might think I'm just making blind assumptions, but I've heard the same story a hundred times or more.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
Dude, Sora, I'm not after you or anything, but I don't agree with what you're saying. I am quite decent in NorCal. I DO place top 5 in a LOT of the tournaments I have been to, (and those who know me know the tournies I haven't placed top 5 in). And these aren't local tournies man, Isai goes to them, SilentSpectre, Zelgadis, Bob$, Germ, King. You just...don't seem to know much about this stuff so I don't blame you, I was like that too.

Open your mind Sora. Use your keyblade.

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
Sora I am going to strongly advise you to just shut up. You keep saying "that dallas tournament" but fail to menton what it was as if you forgot (I have a weird feeling it wasn't MLG Dallas). ZoSo owns you to hell. All you are doing is arguing a point to people who KNOW you are wrong.

Here's the deal. The reason ZoSo is even bothering to argue with your scrub A** is that you are just SOOOO pretencious it hurts to let you keep posting without repercussion (also why I'm posting).

YOU ARE WRONG. You don't know NEARLY as much about the game as anybody you are arguing with. You are making yourself look like a clown. I know that to you it may seem "I can jsut argue these points because I believe they are the truth and everyone is just gonna have to deal with it." But ANYBODY who is playing at even HIGH level of play, much less pro, can tell you are a **** FOOL.

I also agree that professional smasher is a stupid term. Elite is more like it. BUT if you want to define pro, I'll just say it's someone who has signed an MLG contract. How bout that? Seems reasonable. Hence, I'm a pro and I say you should be quiet. now.

Any response other than "I'm sorry Sock I didn't know that's how it was, I'll be good" will be disregarded and automatically render you a mongoloid.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord

Sora, people here break it lightly and others smash it in your face. You can go on and believe you're really good, thats great. I don't stop you from feeling good. If you say you're the best or among the best in Texas then thats cool man. I mean, its your life after-all right?

But the thing is, when you get into competitive play that the community as a whole recognizes, things change.

I've been the noob man. I've been the cocky, confident, know-it-all noob. A LOT OF US WERE LIKE THAT. Like...dude....so much of the smashers on this board that have acquired respect & skill were like that. So don't feel left out when you realize that, "Hey, everyone was right". Thats just the way it is.

Just use the info I dedicated my time into and use it to your advantage. Thats all I really want to get out of this.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Sora Keyblade Master said:
I'm thinking about quoting this for my sig....way too funny. Unless i'm reading it wrong I think he's suggesting that everything you need to know to be good at this game is covered in "how to play"...this guy's a trip.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Im not Cocky, or Overconfident. I just have something called confidence: It comes froms defeating an opponets over and over.
You also have a thing called naivete. It comes from defeating nobodys at nothing tournaments over and over. All of your points regarding tournies are 100% personal anecdote, not corroborated by anyone, and as such aren't going to be taken seriously by anyone. I'm sure you knew that going into this conversation but decided to bring it up anyway for reasons I don't know/care about.

If your point is that the definition of "pro" isn't clear cut, then most of us already agree with you. You or your friend or whoever beat some random nameless guy who alleged he was a "pro." Clearly his definition of "pro" was a lot looser than most others. That's really all you would be able to prove with your story.

So, what IS your point, exactly?

BTW Texas is the 2nd biggest state, in size and population.

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
I'm thinking about quoting this for my sig....way too funny. Unless i'm reading it wrong I think he's suggesting that everything you need to know to be good at this game is covered in "how to play"...this guy's a trip.
He is, oh and I beat you to it. (It was too long though so I cut it too the funny part.)

Btw, this thread needs to be stickied because I find the 7 things to be VERY useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom