• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Roller

Smash Legend
How do you play better vs them on SV if YI has a platform covering pretty much the entire stage which prevents bananas from landing on the ground again if they hit an Ice block or shield? That just seems like such an asset from my point of view. Not saying you can't get along without it. But I don't see how it would be more helpful not to have it there.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Same effect on SV but the naners also run away from diddy?
Or is the SV platform higher and they don't reach it?
Don't think so, seems even lower to me.

^an actual post, I'm not trolling for once :D

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
The sv platform is incredibly small in comparison and 7/10 times wont be directly over you when you shield/ice block the banana. The YI platform on the other hand WILL be over your head 8/10 times. That's why I prefer it. Also, the Diddy can't realistically make a timeout attempt on YI if it comes down to that.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
But there's two of you.
What I've done against my brother (who is a alright diddy, and I rage quit cause of his naners sometimes) is take a naner hit from popo, and grab the naner as nana.
Then you can throw that one/pick up the other at the same time.
But I don't always get this done, I usually just get camped till I wanna Self Destruct.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Diddy can control bananas a lot better on platforms than IC's. I would much rather have the bananas on the ground in front of me so I can zone diddy rather then just having him instant throw the nana from a platform which gives him a lot more options.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
But there's two of you.
What I've done against my brother (who is a alright diddy, and I rage quit cause of his naners sometimes) is take a naner hit from popo, and grab the naner as nana.
Then you can throw that one/pick up the other at the same time.
But I don't always get this done, I usually just get camped till I wanna Self Destruct.

Who is your brother?
And how is he magically able to camp you with Diddy so hard?

Every Diddy I've played has tried to overwhelm with Banana play :\
The one's that camp hard are the one's that die imo

Roller

Smash Legend
Curious. There were 21 guests in the pikachu general discussion earlier. Now there are about 7. What does it mean?

One of you guests (not hospes) explain. Unless you (hospes) can explain... Then feel free.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Curious. There were 21 guests in the pikachu general discussion earlier. Now there are about 7. What does it mean?

One of you guests (not hospes) explain. Unless you (hospes) can explain... Then feel free.
Sorry, I can't explain this phenomenon. I'd have to change my name to "hospites" in order to explain this.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
Diddy can control bananas a lot better on platforms than IC's. I would much rather have the bananas on the ground in front of me so I can zone diddy rather then just having him instant throw the nana from a platform which gives him a lot more options.
I agree, from my point of view platforms help diddy a lot more then ics. it gives us a place to safely run to to pull naners or escape from grabs. It feels like your grab game is limited whenever were on a a platform above you. and once a diddy has gotten good, platforms aren't a nuisance for naners anymore. between yoshi's and fd vs ics, i'd go yoshi's.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I agree, from my point of view platforms help diddy a lot more then ics. it gives us a place to safely run to to pull naners or escape from grabs. It feels like your grab game is limited whenever were on a a platform above you. and once a diddy has gotten good, platforms aren't a nuisance for naners anymore. between yoshi's and fd vs ics, i'd go yoshi's.
I've got to agree, personally.
But only on Yoshi's and BF. Yoshi's is scrubby to Platform Cancel on, and you can't on BF. Then we can't instantly punish you landing on a platform like on SV or Lylat. x)

DeLux

My parents live in Orange County, so every once in a while I'll pop into a tourney down there.

Like I went to WGF in January, a Elite 4 in Aprilish, and stopped by for a smashfest in June @ Mike Haze's

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I still can't help but call him Lux lol

Also its really funny. I was taking to Delux yesterday about LD1 out of shield ( I really need to master it) and how I suck at doing it. I had been practicing it a lot but I just couldnt get the timing down which is frustrating because I can LD1 out of almost everything else now. I wake up and just screw around in training mode and now I can do it. Wth? Oh well, I'm just gonna go with it.

Prawn

Smash Master
i know youve all seen this but i just thought id offer it to discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCsb78o6mHY

i pretty much have always thought this was the way to play the snake matchup, desyncs are SO good if careful. and we outcamp him really hard.

ive slumped off vs snake recently, think im getting too aggressive, but i believe my opinion holds way as i have performed really well against good snakes before.

Prawn

Smash Master
argue my point. dont bring up the date, thats irrelevant.

you can camp snakes on a lot of stages really hard

edit: just trying to start discussion

DeLux

I think I've said on numerous occasions that if your desync game is tight, you'll have an adv mu over snake.

From the video, I wish he didn't FH double IB as much and in the last year and a half since that video, there are better desync options he could have taken, but the gameplan is the same. Just the options he could have used are now faster today than they were back then

It's a good vid

Just not the pinnacle of what we're capable of in the matchup.

DeLux

Yeah, that whole, "Desync and then camp at an ftilt + DSG range" more or less breaks the matchup

And if you can like, LD2 out of crouch, you can do it safely as hell lol

Welcome to 2011

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You can probably PM Lux for the info. I think I have the details of how to do both 1 and 2 locked away in my inbox for reference. Learning how to do both is incredibly helpful. Its made my desynch game so much more fluid.

DeLux

I've explained to Smoom multiple times on skype how to do LD1&2
Every time after I explain, he has said that he can do it now and thanks for the help
And then a couple weeks later he says he has no idea what they are :\

This cycle has repeated 3 times at least

DeLux

Tourney this weekend that's kinda a small regional

KC, Wichita, NE, and IA have representation. For once, I actually feel prepared for a tourney

Assuming I get a good nights sleep, expect to hear some good things :)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I've explained to Smoom multiple times on skype how to do LD1&2
Every time after I explain, he has said that he can do it now and thanks for the help
And then a couple weeks later he says he has no idea what they are :\

This cycle has repeated 3 times at least
L.

I know how to do LD1, but I don't remember LD2 lol.
It's the desync that you do out of landing lag or something like that. You can also do it after Blizzard if they are doing it in opposite directions.

I'm like the only one who retains this info and STILL blows at ICs. afk @ my ineptitude.

DeLux

You can LD2 out of anything

It's just certain things you buffer it out of that makes it pretty looking

Those things are: Ledge Options, Taunts, Grabs, Ice Block, Belay, Both facing forward blizzard, Rolls, Spot dodges, Crouch. I SUSPECT that desynced Squall also works, but I have not tested it

Top Bottom