• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You can LD2 out of anything

It's just certain things you buffer it out of that makes it pretty looking

Those things are: Ledge Options, Taunts, Grabs, Ice Block, Belay, Both facing forward blizzard, Rolls, Spot dodges, Crouch. I SUSPECT that desynced Squall also works, but I have not tested it
Iirc it does. DELUCKS critique my videos in the thread plx. Hearts!

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
i refuse to learn ld1 and 2 unless there is any good ic with a legit result on a national that uses both of them :D

i'm not the type who enjoys to learn difficult stuff if there is no need for it. i mean this is pretty handy i admit but i don't know if it's worth the effort.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I would think that you would want to learn as many techniques with your character as possible. More options is always great.

Also it amazes me how people can write something off as hard to learn before even trying to learn it. Its not that difficult. Mastering is the hard part.

And I can say that LD1 and 2 are definitely worth it. It's given so much more depth to my desynch game and the best part about these is that there aren't any visual cues associated with them. The things is that no top level ICs have a mastery over this yet. Aside from Lux, I don't know if anyone does. I'm almost there. I can use it out of just about every situation now. I'm just learning how to use correctly. It takes time to learn how to master a desynch as fast as this and knowing when to use it. Ive had the most use out of Shield, Spotdodge, empty shorthops and dash attacks surprisingly.

Smoom77

Smash Master
It's not hard to understand, but it's hard to pull off at all. I honestly don't understand how anyone could master it.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I do both routinely :\

Like the only desyncs that I use sometimes

ZTD | TECHnology

The better i got at them, the more I started using them so I pretty much use:

LD1&2, SND, Kakera's and Hitlag as my main ones since each of them are used in different ways and vary in degrees of how offensive or defensive they are.

Squall, Belay and RID for the occasional mixups.

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If my LD1/2 game isn't work, I'll start throwing out HD2, LD4, and LD5 against DK's out of frustration

Fact

Prawn

Smash Master
This all sounds like pish posh

delux beat someone ive heard of with a video. Not being a **** here, is there any video online period of you using it "routinely"?

ZTD | TECHnology

Welcome *insert name*!

We are honored to have you on the Ice Climber boards *insert name*

Please feel free to look around and ask questions as we highly appreciate your presence and want to make sure that you feel special *insert name* But most importantly, we have Smoom. Without Smoom these boards would not be what they are today. So please *insert name* make sure you pay your respects to Smoom. We hope you enjoy your time here *insert name*

Your automated messenger friend,

Technical_Chase

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
welcome to the boards cut combo
<3 chok. I heard your gdlke commentary for G2 melee.
Hey guys, I'm a new IC user and new to the Smahboards forums. I thought I would introduce myself.

:phone:
Welcome to the boards. Just a warning before posting anything "serious", look over as much stuff as you can to get a better grasp of the character, wouldn't want everybody here flaming you.

ZTD | TECHnology

So geeked, that I have gotten a handle of Lux Desynch out of shield now. Oh man I can't wait to bust this one out in tournament. The applications...<3

So now the only things I can not consistently do it out of are specials minus Squall, spotdodge, and crouch and run halt. I can now do it consistently out of every single tilt, aerial, and smash as well as Jab and Dash attack. And I can do it from landing as well. So almost there. Just need to figure out which ones are the most worth it.

Top Bottom