• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Lemme break this down for you.

Let's say you're at Smashville.

-Opponent is in the air
-The platform is approaching them
-You call the airdodge
-You PC (which instantly puts you in a neutral position)
-You (insert punish to airdodge here)

That's an example of the usefulness of PC.

Roller

Smash Legend
let me give you a better example. Your opponent is camping the platform on smashville. You jump, they shield expecting a uair (if they don't do this then you should just be uairing the **** out of them) you pc->instant grab->cg->death. HOW is that not good? Like I said, I won a MM the other weekend as a result of it.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
I know now how meep must have felt all the time :C

last tourney i went i 3-stocked a MK and got counterpicked with ic dittos and lost two sets 3:2.

in the end i got 2/21. damn ic dittos.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
wow european mks are dumb... Good job pivot grabbing the stupid nados, lol
well. he isn't a very good mk. he's about average i'd say. last tourney he placed 25th out of 80-something. I don't even think he mains MK :D

Sieguest

Smash Master
Truth be told, Nana has been the reason for my absence. The more I study her behavior the more I find out. The more I find out, the more questions I have. It's a vicious line of stuff.

Anyway, Hi IC boards.
*poof*

WoWzA

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Ice Climbers players! I'm new with the climbers, and I joined Smashboards in hope to learn some new things to my gameplay. I've read the basic guide and some videos, so I have learned a few new things, but any help is much appreciated. Hope to see you guys around!

Smoom77

Smash Master
Welcome! What do you go by mostly? Wowza basically? Well, I'm Smoom. You can ask me any questions on AIM (mine is Smoomier) and make sure to watch plenty of videos from the video thread.

And if you don't mind me asking, Socal or Norcal?

Blissard

Smash Lord
Omg Smoom is so nice ^.^

I remember the first time I posted here I got attacked by flamethrowers.
Or maybe that was just RubberBandMan.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I hope it's norcal because I kinda like being socal's pocket ICs =]

:phone:

WoWzA

Smash Rookie
I'm in Norcal, a bit by San Francisco. I live in a little town called Fremont. Thank you for the intro Smoom, I am looking at different videos right now, and looking around on some of the threads. Their chaingrab looks amazing if mastered, and the set ups seem endless. It looks soooo complicated though, but it looks worth the work to me.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Smoom didn't offer me anything when I joined D:
guest just said "hi, don't be stupid and we won't eat you!" or something along those lines.
I took that as an opportunity to be stupid :D

:phone:

DeLux

Well to be fair, he didn't come in and immediately start telling people how to do things incorrectly sooooo.......

DeLux

Trolling is infractable and unacceptable in the Q&A thread

I don't really care about the social

Sieguest

Smash Master
guest just said "hi, don't be stupid and we won't eat you!" or something along those lines.
I took that as an opportunity to be stupid :D
Despite how lighthearted my welcoming warnings are, I say them for a reason. I think you of all people now know why. x.x

btw, Hi Wowza
Can't find quote... but uhh don't be dumb and you won't be eaten. :cool:

DeLux

Btw, if you're norcal, you should look up 00-Zero

Dom's one of the more creative ICs I've seen imo

Roller

Smash Legend
Got 5th/18 at an NYC tourney today. Lost to JTails' diddy, and Ninjalink's Lucas.

I forgot the Lucas bthrow timing and was trying to do it the wrong way until midway through game 2. =/ I did get plenty of grabs though.

My fault for being dumb there, but I do need help with Diddy. He banned YI which through me way off, since that is where I always CP diddy's and they've never banned it vs me before. I have no trouble fighting them there, but any other stage I have problems. Any tips?

Top Bottom