• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

JB IV

Smash Cadet
Don't pick a different starter because ICs have a big advantage in the ICs-G&W match-up, watch some RECENT (within two years) ICs-G&W sets, blizzard chaser is too good, practice desyncs and CGing G&W

Since FD is usually the best stage for ICs, they are rarely able to play on it because most opponents auto-ban it against them. Thus, most ICs matches are played on SV and BF. If a tournament has five (or three) starter stages you can guarantee that you'll play on either FD, SV, or BF by striking the other stages. Even if you lose a game, (your opponent can't ban all three stages) you can still play on one of the three. You should definitely practice on all stages, but SV and BF are the stages that you'll probably play on the most.

buhowl

Smash Rookie
Thanks Guys!

Don't pick a different starter because ICs have a big advantage in the ICs-G&W match-up, watch some RECENT (within two years) ICs-G&W sets, blizzard chaser is too good, practice desyncs and CGing G&W

Since FD is usually the best stage for ICs, they are rarely able to play on it because most opponents auto-ban it against them. Thus, most ICs matches are played on SV and BF. If a tournament has five (or three) starter stages you can guarantee that you'll play on either FD, SV, or BF by striking the other stages. Even if you lose a game, (your opponent can't ban all three stages) you can still play on one of the three. You should definitely practice on all stages, but SV and BF are the stages that you'll probably play on the most.

Can link me your favorite ICvsG&W match?

JB IV

Smash Cadet
2011 and 240p but still pretty good
Forgot to say that if G&W d-throws you that he has a guaranteed nair tech chase on ICs if they tech in place, roll in front of G&W, or roll toward the ledge while near it. Make sure that you mix it up but at least you know how to avoid this if it comes up. G&W has many multi-hit moves like bair and nair. Make sure that you shield all of the hits.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The Descent - An ICs Flash Fiction

And Nana said, "I would have done anything for you."
To which Popo replied in agreement, "Everything I did, I did for you."

Both climbers were left to wonder what death was, how it felt, what it meant. Rather than the flash of fire indicating a lost stock, this death would be a descent into the cold nothingness that even their parkas would not be able to stand. From the coldness of being left out of the next game, there would be no warmth of the halo platform, glowing with the redeeming vibrance of life anew.

As the end approached, Nana broke the silence, "At least here at the end, we can die at each others' side. That has to mean something."

Having seen her die before him a thousand stocks over, Popo finished the thought, "What ought to mean more is the life. Without you I was low tier. But together at each others' side? Like no other character could ever understand, we truly lived."

That locked eyes one last time, nodding their approval of each other. "Shall we then?" one of the climbers said.

In one last act of defiance against the powers that be, Popo grabbed Nana by the rope and launched her onward into the night. Nana in turn, pulled on the rope sending Popo onward into the night and into the wonderful, icy nothingness that awaited. And in this last belay, there was no finality of a ledge to grab, but in its beauty there was no final descent into the fiery Hell of the blast zone.
:)

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's a pretty poetic way to put the end of ICs. However, we all know a more accurate representation is a mystical pair of scissors cutting the rope and both climbers plummeting into the depths of the discard bin alone and forgotten.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
ICs, had a tourney last weekend. Came in second with a set off MJG.

How do we fight MK on Smashville? Impossible if they came wowwwwww

<3 Lux

Top Bottom