• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Esam's IC's suck are you kidding me LMFAOOO

btw I'm thinking about coming back to IC's. idk
Not kidding you lol I thought they sucked at Whobo, he got a lot better with them at genesis.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I failed this weekend with ICs. Got wrecked by Junebug when I went ICs so I had to go D3 to bring him to Game 3. Then I proceeded to losing almost every other match I used ICs in.

This time my desynch game on point for a change. But I kept dropping grabs.....WHY DO I ALWAYS **** UP IN ONE OR THE OTHER??????!!!!!!!

I was so nervous when the whole tournament was watching <_< Plus I think I play too passively. I started getting ***** for it also and got timed out by an MK. It was my fault for bringing him to Smashville. Never again. There's another tournament this weekend..gotta redeem myself.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I failed this weekend with ICs. Got wrecked by Junebug when I went ICs so I had to go D3 to bring him to Game 3. Then I proceeded to losing almost every other match I used ICs in.

This time my desynch game on point for a change. But I kept dropping grabs.....WHY DO I ALWAYS **** UP IN ONE OR THE OTHER??????!!!!!!!

I was so nervous when the whole tournament was watching <_< Plus I think I play too passively. I started getting ***** for it also and got timed out by an MK. It was my fault for bringing him to Smashville. Never again. There's another tournament this weekend..gotta redeem myself.
You sound like me lol

Esam's IC's suck are you kidding me LMFAOOO

btw I'm thinking about coming back to IC's. idk
Imma tell you the same thing I told Hylian when I saw him. You gotta stop these Metaknight shenanigans. That's all they are, shenanigans. Stop living your easy nerf life. Sitting on yo biscuit, not willing to risk it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307733

The spot for Hero of IC is now open because all yall be playing bad characters

DeLux

Mink, you are nerf too

you got the Jigglypuff Shenanigans

B0NK

Smash Lord

Junebug is more aggressive Lucario main but still stays relatively safe, and is very familiar with what's safe on shield when he has aura. He is obv less likely to take risk against IC's like he does in other match-ups. And he also has ridiculous reaction, and plays using his reaction after the first initial hit he lands. So catching on to how he reacts after he hits you can net you a grab.

Also keeping him at 30% and not dropping those chain grabs is key. (More so after you take off his first stock, aka no reason to play super safe and patient on first stock unless you are losing the lead by a good margin).

When he does have aura, it's so easy for him and Lucario in general to bait your grab since things become completely safe on shield. A whiff grab, as you know, can be very punishable. So against Lucario you have to be familiar with how the match-up completely changes when he has aura, especially against more aggressive Lucario mains.

I know you didn't ask for any advice, just thought I say because I'm familiar with Junebug's style and Lucario in general.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I am so not used to aggro Lucario. It completely threw me off when I played him and once he got in, he wrecked me. Also didnt help that my Nana caused me to SD...twice. But I blame my inability to deal with his aggressive style more so. Game 2 when I went D3 it was so much easier. I started Powershielding and reacting to everything and..I abused some really gay tactics on Ps2 lol. Game 3 he took me to Yoshi's..I had a pretty big lead and then he came back and got me. It was such a fun set though. I way too used to campy Lucarios. His style was entertaining lol

But yeah I appreciate the advice! Not sure if I'll ever encounter this again but its good to know.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yoshi is broken tho.

EDIT:
Smoom, I am in the middle of watching your vids vs illmatic and I have a few questions. First, I see you doing instant downairs on the ground a lot as a way of punishing, why? Is it a mistake, or is it because it's faster than dsmash, or idk.. Just trying to figure out whether it's something I should be doing or not. Why would it be better than a 1-2 with the jab? More knockback?

Also, I noticed you pummel occasionally after grabbing if nana is slightly seperated, even at low percents when you could solo dthrow chain her. Does this help get nana in position for the buffered b-f throw cg faster?

I also notice that pretty much every ICs (myself included until very recently) uses dair to platform cancel. I have switched to holding down on the joystick while jumping up, then allowing it to return to neutral as I pass through the platform. It does the same thing, is just as easy to learn/time, and if you mess up you aren't dairing into the platform which happens to all of us from time to time.

DeLux

also notice that pretty much every ICs (myself included until very recently) uses dair to platform cancel. I have switched to holding down on the joystick while jumping up, then allowing it to return to neutral as I pass through the platform. It does the same thing, is just as easy to learn/time, and if you mess up you aren't dairing into the platform which happens to all of us from time to time.
I platform cancel with Uair or Bair depending on the situation. I've been doing this for a few months now

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I also notice that pretty much every ICs (myself included until very recently) uses dair to platform cancel. I have switched to holding down on the joystick while jumping up, then allowing it to return to neutral as I pass through the platform. It does the same thing, is just as easy to learn/time, and if you mess up you aren't dairing into the platform which happens to all of us from time to time.
I platform cancel with the analog stick.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I prefer to PC with the Dair (C Stick) so I'm not holding down on the control stick so I can dash/dashgrab immediatly.

And Yoshi is a dinosaur D:

Smoom77

Smash Master
Lol those random dairs, Roller, were my attempt at shield lag jump>dair.

It's like when you're hit and you momentum cancel with dair, the dair continues to go up right? Well this is the same concept, but you do it after your shield gets hit.

Would you mind linking me to which video I did that in?

Roller

Smash Legend
I prefer to PC with the Dair (C Stick) so I'm not holding down on the control stick so I can dash/dashgrab immediatly.
You can also do that myo if you use Bair/Uair/Fair :\
You can also do that with my method... The analog stick is in it's neutral position allowing you todash or do whatever immediately. except you don't do an aerial into the ground if you F up. I won a MM vs Asa at Genesis because I plat canceled into a dash grab->cg->death. It was probably the coolest thing I did that weekend actually.. (in game obv)
Lol those random dairs, Roller, were my attempt at shield lag jump>dair.

It's like when you're hit and you momentum cancel with dair, the dair continues to go up right? Well this is the same concept, but you do it after your shield gets hit.

Would you mind linking me to which video I did that in?
I'm not sure I entirely get it, but you do it many times in the vid you posted 2 pages back. (40ppp) I forget if you do in the first game of that set or whatever it is. But 2nd-4th I definitely remember seeing examples.

And I notice a lot of ICs doing the pummeling thing, whether nana could make it back in time to cg or not. I feel like this is a bad option. If nana may be able to make it in time then pummeling only helps them to release quicker and foil your plans; and if nana is clear on the other side then you should honestly just chuck the opponent (assuming he is out of cg range) so he doesn't release and bullet after you/nana while you are way apart. Doesn't make much of a difference for low/some mid tiers, but a lot of the better characters such as mk can do serious damage like that.

DeLux

You can also do that with my method... The analog stick is in it's neutral position allowing you todash or do whatever immediately. except you don't do an aerial into the ground if you F up. I won a MM vs Asa at Genesis because I plat canceled into a dash grab->cg->death. It was probably the coolest thing I did that weekend actually.. (in game obv)
I don't think you can buffer an instant dash based on the mechanics of platform canceling. At which point you'd have to input it frame perfect or else you wouldn't instant dash. He wants to instant buffer the dash which is a certain game mechanic that comes from the aerial input.

There are a lot of reasons I use Uair, but since I'm 99% sure I'm the only person who uses it at this point, I'm not really going to go into specifics at this point as to why it works or why I think it's better. Like in order of what I will use in terms of frequency, it's something like this:

Uair PC > Shield PC > Reneutral Analogue PC

Never Dair. I agree Dair is bad

Smoom77

Smash Master
What is the point a AT that lets you land on a platform and almost immediately perform another action? How do you not understand?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not really anyones place to say honestly lol. Karina will say if you ask her maybe but *shrugs*

Smoom77

Smash Master
Are you talking about spot dodging on the ground...? Because you need to PC to spot dodge on the platform that fast.

Top Bottom