• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Lol, I have a tournament too. I'm pretty confident in my CGs against the characters I'm MMing except Lucas and D3. Better get practicing... D:

Lovely

Smash Lord
I hate CG'ing Lucas. I just can't get his timing...
♣ I can't even get close to chain grabbing Lucas, I swear I can only chain grab him at least twice in a match till the player plays defensively. I almost thought of Lucas being the second Toon Link when trying to grab him. T_T ♥

Prawn

Smash Master
I had soooo many chars like that but I've started to come around and am confident in my ability to CG just about everyone, with the exception of Snake and Sonic.

Just work on them, experiment with timings etc etc

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yeah... unless you have the time to practice CGs or know how CG really well. Than that's basically a thumbs up for you using ICs =D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Just wanted you guys to know that the bthrow -> fthrow CG on lucario is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper easy, it's like stupid easy lol.
All the more reason to "gay away" from it.
C Wut I ded Thar?

IxxI

Smash Fence
Just wanted you guys to know that the bthrow -> fthrow CG on lucario is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper easy, it's like stupid easy lol.
C Wut I ded Thar?
That's the CG I use against Lucario. ;D

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
C Wut I ded Thar?
Is it just me, or are a lot of mid-weights susceptible to B-throw-F-throw? Too heavy for a pivot-grabbed B-throw (as one would do for light-weights), but not heavy enough that Nana will potentially be out of Popo's range for the F-throw. It seems to work on a few light-weights as well, like Olimar, though I prefer B-throw-D-throw.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I made some graphs of the efficiencys of buffered f/b/dthrows and buffered bthrow>buffered f/dthrow.

@Funen, I REALLY like bthrow>fthrow even before I made this graph. I use it on all characters except for like MK, Oli, GW which I use bthrow (before I made this graph too) and heavier characters that I bthrow smash-hobble.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
P-BThrow > N-FThrow > P-DThrow > N-FThrow

is the most efficient throw string. Believe it!

Although I tend to use BThrow-DThrow on lightweights and FThrow-FThrow on everyone else. :/

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
This weekend seemed like a very successful one for the ICs. Meep placed 3rd at Viridian 6, while Lain got 2nd and Hylian got 7th at No Koast v2. Keep the good tourney rankings going!

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
You said he timed you out by continuously gliding under the stage, right? A part of me wonders if that would classify as stalling (he was intentionally avoiding all conflict), but I don't know if Alex Strife feels the same way.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
When Plank goes super-saiyan, we will discover Super-Planking!

Smoom77

Smash Master
And I got 9th at a Houston tournament! :D Even though it was relatively small...

And I'm proud to say that I did multiple buffered f-throws in a tournament match!

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
And I got 9th at a Houston tournament! :D Even though it was relatively small...

And I'm proud to say that I did multiple buffered f-throws in a tournament match!
Dang you and your offline tourneys!

The Truth!

Smash Ace
he did, but you know how this community is. People will justify it as legal because we are ice climbers and win with one grab.
I saw that. It didnt seem that bad at the time, but thinking about it now it was pretty gay. However worse things have been found acceptable, and certain characters are better at handling the situation. I dont really think its the communities fault though, MK just seems to always have a gay thats gayer then any other character will have.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Are the matches recorded? or how did he get up to the stage? (more like the ledge I guess)

EDIT: If he avoids all conflict he sounds close to give up the matchup, keep it up...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I assume this is your social thread?

For anyone who ignored or didn't read it http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253383

I'll repost as we get closer to the date and be keeping track of it some other public way since your mod decided to lock it for a silly reason as mods are want to do.

For the love of God though, people need to take my challenge. I play a low tier character. PM me if you're interested. I guess I'm going to have to resort to PMing others to get them to take me up on this. I'm really disappointed in the lack of competitive spirit so far.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's not a silly reason.

Global Rules 6.0 said:
Below are the Global Rules, including the infractions (number of points and duration) associated with each violation:

1. No Spam
Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").

Examples of specific content that is disallowed and considered "spam" include:

* "I'm new!" threads (except in Meet & Greet) and "I'm leaving!" threads
* Thread titles with excessive characters/punctuation, including multiple exclamation points
* Threads that duplicate other, recent threads (within 6 months). Before posting a new thread, use the search function to see if a similar thread already exists.
* Threads about individual members
* Threads about members' ages or genders
* Re-posting a post or thread that has recently been closed or deleted, or asking why a post or thread was closed or deleted. These questions should be directed to the room moderators via private message.
* Posts such as "this thread is going to get closed" or "this thread is in the wrong room"
* Multiple posts in a row. If you wish to add/modify content you have already posted, use the "edit" function.
* Posts that are meant to "bump" threads to the top of the thread listing, especially particularly old or particularly new threads.

Do not reply to spam. Instead, bring it to a moderator's attention by using the Report Post function.

It's right there. x.x

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The fact that it exists doesn't make it not silly.

Also, there are a lot of threads on here that are "about individual members" including several specific member video threads which haven't been locked. Mine was locked because for some reason, on smashboards, competition is frowned upon. If you can explain to me how my thread was more about an individual member than say, these threads,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201506&highlight=lain
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212379&highlight=lain
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243846&highlight=lain

then I might agree with you in locking mine.

In conclusion, mods have silly rules that they follow selectively, and more people need to step up and take my challenge.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Video threads are allowed as long as a member doesn't make more than one. That's kinda why a SUPER MOD made one. A thread saying "FIGHT EM AT NXT TOURNEY" isn't the same as a video archive for a member.

This is dumb.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
...? Only one of those threads is made by lain. One is by Hylian and one is by Frozen. If either of them made another video thread, I'd close it (well, besides Hylian because he can just re-open it). lain has only made one video thread and rarely makes threads at all.

This is STILL dumb because both of you are clueless.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
First thread is pretty legit.

I didn't even know the middle thread existed.

Last thread seemed alright to me. =/ Usually if Hylian doesn't close a thread, I think it's fine.

Top Bottom