• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

swordgard

Smash Hero
It was still a thread about a tourney, completely pointless, goes in social, we already got a tourney placing thread. Those 2 are 2 more video threads, be consistent will you.

And my infraction, i checked with other mods, i never shoulda gotten that trolling infraction.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You whine too much. I infracted like two other people in that matchup thread fiasco.

Stop being so paranoid.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You whine too much. I infracted like two other people in that matchup thread fiasco.

Stop being so paranoid.

A) You did not answer the other points, at least go close these threads.

B) Unjustified infractions remain unjustified , i dont care if its just to me you gave em. I did not deserve trolling infraction, you even avoid my PM/aim, probably on purpose. At least be willing to accept that what you did is a mistake by swf modding standards.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess I forgot the part of the rules that says you can't have threads for individual members UNLESS it's a video thread. Give me a break. Point is, you allow individual member threads for some things and not for others in a way that isn't outlined by any rules anywhere. Mods arbitrarily get to choose what they lock and don't and I think you're wrong in locking mine.

You're potentially getting in the way of me making lots of money.

The thread wasn't hurting anyone. Probably adding some much needed interest to your boards. I want everyone to know that I'm calling all the Ice Climber mains out. The social thread didn't serve this purpose so I didn't post here. I needed an actual thread so outsiders would be aware of it. I will repost the thread at a later date. You're welcome to infract me for it at that time.

The rest of you can think about whether you can beat a low tier character or not until then.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Guys calm down. If you have a problem with the rule don't whine about it here. Tyr your thread clearly didn't follow the rule, stop being sour about it. And swordgard there was no reason for you to even be involved, you're just instigating problems for no reason.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Guys calm down. If you have a problem with the rule don't whine about it here. Tyr your thread clearly didn't follow the rule, stop being sour about it. And swordgard there was no reason for you to even be involved, you're just instigating problems for no reason.
No, kawaii is instigating problems for being partial alot of times. Not only that, but she is unwilling to even argue about her mistakes, which is as close as you can get to direct censorship.

ICGD, we can talk about this here.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol the point is my thread wasn't closed because it didn't follow the rule. It was closed because mods are afraid of people's feelings getting hurt by having competition in a competitive video game.

And I have good reason to be upset about it. Not having the thread open means I might miss chances to MM people which means less money for me.

Seriously, it wasn't causing any harm to anyone. If the point of a moderator is to follow the rules exactly as they are stated than your mod (or any of them for that matter) clearly isn't doing his/her job as shown by threads that both swordgard and myself have found. Mods should only be locking threads that are clearly spam or harmful to the boards. My thread was neither. Certainly no more than any personal video threads.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Your thread didnt follow the rule. Thats the end of it.

SG, this isnt a censorship battle. She has no obligation to argue or respond. If you consider that censorship, its a private forum anyways, its not your decision for such things to be disallowed.

And the rules aren't completely explicit, so she has to make a judgement call. All you're doing is disagreeing with her judgement, which is just an opinion. Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean shes wrong, likely youre just upset because she has the final say. You read too much into actions for significance that isnt there. Just accept that you wont agree and move on. I had to do the same with a different mod.

@below, I never said mods didnt have to follow the rules. Not what I said at all.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Your thread didnt follow the rule. Thats the end of it.

SG, this isnt a censorship battle. She has no obligation to argue or respond. If you consider that censorship, its a private forum anyways, its not your decision for such things to be disallowed.

And the rules aren't completely explicit, so she has to make a judgement call. All you're doing is disagreeing with her judgement, which is just an opinion. Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean shes wrong, likely youre just upset because she has the final say. You read too much into actions for significance that isnt there. Just accept that you wont agree and move on. I had to do the same with a different mod.
actually, we have every right to expect the people that enforce the rules to follow them themselves. >_> quit meat riding.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Moderation in itself is a judgment call. That thread probably should not have been open that long anyway. I thought about if it should be opened/closed the day you made it, and decided you can do it in the social boards since lain made a similar thread in the Pikachu boards and it got closed. I don't randomly go around trying to find ways to piss people off by closing their threads or infracting them, if something looks like it's not going to go anywhere, or can be somewhere else then I take action.

swordgard, this topic is REALLY stupid and I have no idea why you're even talking about bias or whatever. I do not have it out for you. Most of the time, I don't even pay any attention to you unless I absolutely have to. Stop being paranoid already. It's getting annoying.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I searched 'meat riding', as it was in my cookies, and ended up here..

Don't ask.

swordgard

Smash Hero
actually, we have every right to expect the people that enforce the rules to follow them themselves. >_> quit meat riding.
Hes right, also rules are made to be clear and leave as little judgement in it as possible. This is not a private forum , its public, mods are chosen and expected to be able to abide and enforce rules accordingly. Frozenpopo is right. She makes a decision, either she is willing to argue about it or il bring it to the forum support part where she might win or lose the debate.

Considering i am not a complete douche, i would rather let her have a chance to explain herself than bring it there, but i am fully willing to bring it to there.

Also, we are to expect fairness in that every member should be threated by the same standards, not just whenever she feels like its appropriate or that this member deserves/doesnt deserve it. Hylian never did that, he always stayed impartial despite whatever was going on.

EDIT: Why not answer about the infraction you gave me then. Just say you were wrong or explain to me why that is trolling, cause it does not qualify under SWF rules as trolling.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's a matchup thread, and you brought up someone's results in the thread completely out of nowhere in a COMPLETELY disrespectful manner. Hylian had some pretty legit arguments in that matchup, and you basically tried to make him look like he didn't know what he was talking about based on a few bad results. I would infract anyone that did that.

swordgard

Smash Hero
It's a matchup thread, and you brought up someone's results in the thread completely out of nowhere in a COMPLETELY disrespectful manner. Hylian had some pretty legit arguments in that matchup, and you basically tried to make him look like he didn't know what he was talking about based on a few bad results. I would infract anyone that did that.
Its a matchup thread, he brought up the argument that you cannot discredit someone like that, i simply proved him otherwise. He called out for it, he basically said that you cant just discredit someone, yet by using 1 result i proved it was possible. If you bring an argument up, prepare for it to be tested, i provided a counter example. His placing, his responsibility, his argument, his responsability again, i just brought up the best example i could think of. Fact is, you can easily discredit someone using placings, whether it is right or wrong is something else. I just proved his argument wrong because fact is people do care about placings.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol all I'm getting out of this is that you closed the thread because someone else closed a similar thread. No one has answered why my thread deserved to be locked while personal video threads apparantly don't since they break the exact same rule. Video threads can be somewhere else too, the video critique thread. And yet you don't lock those.

As I've stated before, you could be getting in the way of me making money. So you should atleast give me a reason as to why other than "everybody else does it." Especially because Lain's thread was actually locked because people were flaming within the thread which wasn't happening in mine.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This seems more like a moral issue.

Which I understand he got an infraction for, but on the other hand, beeing an ******* while following the rules isnt infraction worthy :/

Quite a pickle guys. Quite a pickle indeed.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Its a matchup thread, he brought up the argument that you cannot discredit someone like that, i simply proved him otherwise. He called out for it, he basically said that you cant just discredit someone, yet by using 1 result i proved it was possible. If you bring an argument up, prepare for it to be tested, i provided a counter example. His placing, his responsibility, his argument, his responsability again, i just brought up the best example i could think of. Fact is, you can easily discredit someone using placings, whether it is right or wrong is something else. I just proved his argument wrong because fact is people do care about placings.
Okay.

Anywho, so how bout that new IC technique? Looks kinda broken.

edit: omg I was pranked ;;
Too hard to do. ;;

Tyr, you apparently really need this money for whatever reason, so I'll open your thread.

I am extremely sick of people whining on this site today.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Oh, being disrespectful=/= trolling.

Being bold is completely accepted under swf rules. I did not in any way say he sucks or whatever, just quoted 1 placing.

On another note, il be uploading my tourney matches tommorow vs holy/ally

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Tyr's thread deserved to be closed

a lot of those threads Swordguard and Tyr pointed out should've been closed.

Bunny it's not fair to say someone's legitimate complaint is whining especially when it doesn't even read out to be them whining. It's dismissing their argument based what you "think" their tone is and not what the actual content of their argument is. Now I understand if he was flaming you and cussing you out, but he wasn't. He was calmly telling you what you were doing wrong, and then you dismissed it as whining because either you didn't want to deal with it, or you were embarrassed because he was right and you wanted other people to ignore it/not see his argument. Don't you think that's at least a little messed up?

I'm being impartial so please don't think I'm trying to personally attack you bunny :ohwell:

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Just...let it die already...or keep it in pms/vms/aim. Some of you guys are very good at making mountains out of molehills.

Also GIMR you must have misread. Swordgards main complaint had little to do with those threads and was addressed by Karina. I would suggest reading carefully.
Guys, what happened to love and piece?

...guys?
hee hee, love and peace

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
But if I infract him, that's obviously biased right?!

Top Bottom