• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So FAST results are in....

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
you and everyone else in the entire world is picking up MK... I am too.... danny is too... so wtf is up with todays society nowadays....

first was everyone picking up snake, now it's mk... then comes wario at some point.... so what else?!
lol thats been happening since the dawn of time. When something works people copy it. When ken owned with fox everyone switched to fox when he played marth tons of people swtich to marth.

nevershootme

Smash Master
lol thats been happening since the dawn of time. When something works people copy it. When ken owned with fox everyone switched to fox when he played marth tons of people swtich to marth.
with this crap happening... i was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about the bandwagon effect (paul & young ron) or wat is a bandwagon... fvcking coincidence!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Whos going to Critical Hit 4 (check Tourney Listings)? I know im going.
i think me and HRNut are going. I should have airfare money in august, but i may have to sit out a tourney a week.

one day, ill **** so hard with diddy people will try to pick him up :laugh:

i need to re-learn wolf to understand him better. fought 3 wolfs at FAST and all of them were ridiculously hard fights (2 of the wolfs i didnt even beat in 1 game)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
LOL @ Afro saying that Florida MKs spam tornadoes too much. At my last tournament, I was telling everyone how to counter half the stuff Rx was doing and how tornado spam wasn't what made MK a hard match but everyone kept on praising it. Well, take that Florida.

G&W>MK :psycho:

Whos going to Critical Hit 4 (check Tourney Listings)? I know im going.
I'm trying to make plans to go.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I overcame my biggest fear at FAST1 :):).

My Pool had 4 MK's (Including me)

Me
Dsoli
Tidus
Thor

And I faced 3 MK's in my Bracket:

Cap'n Crunch
DmBrandon
B-B-B-BoneSAWWW

:):):) oh yea, my new tough matchup is apparantly Wario... I lost to Reflex in pools, and SamusAbe in Bracket :(.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ Afro saying that Florida MKs spam tornadoes too much. At my last tournament, I was telling everyone how to counter half the stuff Rx was doing and how tornado spam wasn't what made MK a hard match but everyone kept on praising it. Well, take that Florida.

Ruuku! Where you been? Haven't seen you in a while, you still doing those weekly friendly smashfests? :o

AfroQT

Smash Master

NO MK in FL plays like M2k, except for Reno who doesnt go to tourneys sadface.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I have more trouble with MK's general high-priority attacks and speed moreso than the 'nado itself which is really easy to counter and avoid if you're using the right characters (Falco has like 3-4 ways to cancel it out).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
diddy is an awesome MK counter

too bad no one wants to learn him. hes so awesome too...:(

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Ruuku! Where you been? Haven't seen you in a while, you still doing those weekly friendly smashfests? :o
I've been on the forums pretty consistently... O.O I'm not doing them now since I've been in Kissimmee for a month. But Jin may still want to do them since they were at his house.

NO MK in FL plays like M2k, except for Reno who doesnt go to tourneys sadface.
I'm not saying otherwise. I only stated that B/UpB spam was beatable. Not only that but I also mentioned a bunch of characters with moves/strategies to get around it or handle it. Actually I mentioned these things a long time ago. Sometime around when Rx won his first tournament.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
So, anyways, to the original post, that's pretty stupid of you to point fingers, Afro. This is no one person's fault so don't act like the sole reason why we "suck" is because Rx- and I don't play a certain way. The thing is, we don't even suck. Maybe if none of us made it to the top 8 then yes we'd suck. 4th, 5th and 7th is pretty respectable. Does it mean WC sucks when DSF only placed 7th at CH3? No. Perhaps you're too used to winning and can't comprehend that other placings besides 1st are good. Too be honest, I think your sportsmanship is extremely poor. I've rarely gotten a handshake from you after a game regardless of the outcome. If you lose, you make johns and run away crying. If you win, you just rub it in my face. If you really want to place any blame, do it on yourself for not trying in friendlies because you're too afraid that people will figure out your style. I know a lot of this has previously been discussed and some of it is already in the process of changing, but I'm just giving my opinion.

Also, don't use friendlies to make a point. My MK did get 2stocked by Lee's Ike in one friendly. That's a fact, but Hylian and I destroyed his team in doubles. Friendlies never count for ****.

Finch

Smash Lord
So, anyways, to the original post, that's pretty stupid of you to point fingers, Afro. This is no one person's fault so don't act like the sole reason why we "suck" is because Rx- and I don't play a certain way. The thing is, we don't even suck. Maybe if none of us made it to the top 8 then yes we'd suck. 4th, 5th and 7th is pretty respectable. Does it mean WC sucks when DSF only placed 7th at CH3? No. Perhaps you're too used to winning and can't comprehend that other placings besides 1st are good. Too be honest, I think your sportsmanship is extremely poor. I've rarely gotten a handshake from you after a game regardless of the outcome. If you lose, you make johns and run away crying. If you win, you just rub it in my face. If you really want to place any blame, do it on yourself for not trying in friendlies because you're too afraid that people will figure out your style. I know a lot of this has previously been discussed and some of it is already in the process of changing, but I'm just giving my opinion.

Also, don't use friendlies to make a point. My MK did get 2stocked by Lee's Ike in one friendly. That's a fact, but Hylian and I destroyed his team in doubles. Friendlies never count for ****.
Man this guy is so humble. All you haters like dmbrandon need to give him a break. :( From this post I can tell that he's not arrogant or pretentious at all.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
to argue one point of giant gmoney rant.

it's not up to afro to play serious in casuals as the main tool for other players to improve.

Just learn from your mistakes and gain experience and adapt.

I do agree with other things you said .. but it's not even worth getting into.

game is still relatively new. It isnt a hard game to be great at. if you want to be, just play more and take it more seriously, and most of all.. ADAPT.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lets just move on.
I didn't even play singles, but playin M2K's MK against my D3 in doubles said 1 thing to me...(friendlies)

I saw alot of Rx-, Gmoney, because...its Metaknight.

But, he took advantage of everything. So did I. He stopped using nado after i punished him 4 times...
But hey, lets move on, practice more, an Afro, dude. Im your dog, you know it. But Gmoney is right. Just stop *****ing bro xD. You are FL top smasher. CH4 , Wiivolution....nuff said

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master

I totally agree with gmoney on this one, afro won't ever play me in a friendly i just wanna get better but he won't do that, i'll friendly anyone that wants it and if someone has money i'll money match...if i have money:p

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
FL is better than other states yes.
and behind other states.
Hylian is ranked 2nd-4th in his state and FL did very well against him
We did well against GA's Best players: yayuhz/desu/nice1/pbJ

Afro, it isn't like you to go around saying we suck, I mean ya m2k is just leagues beyond alot of ppl skill, but I'd also like to point that Gmoney is not far behind. on the last match gmoney vs m2k. it was down to the last hit. GJ Gmoney!!

gmoney vs finch has got to stop... you guys are both cool, why fight?

Garbonzo for prez.

AfroQT

Smash Master

Im not pointing fingers, Learn to read.
Im saying that our MKs are trash compared to the north MKs which is the truth. My mind has always been that any placing besides 1st isnt good. It wont change, its how i improve at the game. And i lost at FAST and have yet to make johns, you thinking im BLAMING people is your lack of the ability to read. I didnt put the blame on anyone. I simply stated that we (florida) in the grand scheme, suck. Atleast thats how i see it. I've never gotten mad when i believe i've been outplayed. When galeon beat me at the first PnT tourney i shoke his hand and held no grudges, because he had simply outplayed me. its entirely different when someone beats you because of a gimicky move like Tornado. Infact you wanna know how i REALLY feel, i dont think you OR rx would be doing so well if it wasnt for MK's tornado. I wont lie you walk around like your a big deal in florida when your most noticable placing at a big tourney was...2nd? Get that **** outta here.

Our metaknights in florida are nothing compared to the ones from OOS. G Money and Rx- got pwnt by out of staters (Gmoney getting 2stocked by ike... /sigh and Rx losing to DJ Nintendo as bowser in pools). Neither Rx or Gmoney even do the things that m2k do (air guards with dairs, gimps with Dairs, metaknight has the easiest time gimping anyone ESPECIALLY SNAKE but neither of them would know this because they are to busy tornadoing).

THATS what i posted about our MKs compared to M2k. No where in there is it ME blaming YOU guys for MY performance.

If ANY of you think thats what im doing, PLEASE learn to read.

Im tired of people complaining about the friendly thing, please let it be known that i achieved my current position in florida WITHOUT doing any friendlies. I dont see why it cant be done with anyone else. Sounds like a john to me. "Im not good cuz afro doesnt do friendlies with me"...yeah. Im gonna start doing friendlies, if its that big of a deal refuse to do friendlies back to me, i wont complain, i'll simply nod and say okay.

Either way i'll be gone for a couple of days, i'll be at the nexus.

Finch

Smash Lord
gmoney vs finch has got to stop... you guys are both cool, why fight?
Sorry but gmoney is an arrogant prick and anyone who doesn't think so hasn't spent enough time around him. The whole car ride home I had to listen to how much of a douchebag he thinks m2k is despite not knowing him at all and that he (m2k) has bad DI. But what I find most annoying is that when people call him arrogant he says he isn't at all despite it being his strongest personality trait. He also thinks he's amazing at smash because of his spammy MK desptie the fact that he gets owned as soon as he switches to wario. I'm horrible but at least I can admit it.

That's all I'm gonna say on the subject.

Top Bottom