• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So FAST results are in....

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Listen people, the fact of the matter is that we got wooped by M2K and other OOS players, so just stop arguing and Johning about so much and practice a lot more so everyone can beat them next time.

Enough said

BONESAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevershootme

Smash Master
Listen people, the fact of the matter is that we got wooped by M2K and other OOS players, so just stop arguing and Johning about so much and practice a lot more so everyone can beat them next time.

Enough said

BONESAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the argument continues from there on. it doesn't stop...

as for rainbow cruise... just pick a character that works in that stage..... and learn to not step on the macaroni .

Gingerr

Smash Lord
People are going to fight. Not everyone is going to be able to get along. Look at Zoro and I, he disliked each other for however long, but I think no matter what, you guys should chill out and be more civil because in the end, as much as you might not like it and might not want to admit it, we're pretty much committed to getting better as a family. You're going to be around each other (this is to Finch and Gmoney) and you're gonna have to deal with it. Why make it as bad as it can be by just flaming each other constantly. Finch, we understand that you have a less than high opinion of Gmoney, and that's fine, I'm not saying you have to agree with everyone you ever meet and just love them all, but the attacks are really unnecessary-- and Gmoney, I'd appreciate it if you just didn't respond at all to any of this. It just makes things a whole lot easier.

As for Afro and Gmoney, again, we're a ****ing family here, as lame and gay as that might sound, it's true. We all need each other to get better and progress in the game, so lets try to make it as pleasant of an experience as we possibly can. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm moreso elaborating on xYz's post with my own opinion of it.

Basically, tl;dr, the ridiculous fighting has got to stop. Finch, Gmoney, we know you don't like each other. Either work it out amongst yourselves, or shut it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
there would be no fighting if everyone mained diddy kong

he's so adorable, and does so many funny things you couldn't stay mad too long after a loss to him.

you look at that pic in my sig of diddy kong's exploding gun and tell me he isnt the best character in the game

to me, friendlies are pointless for improving skill level. Not because its not a good way, but because i just cant train myself to be serious when im playing a friendly. Just ask HRNUT...we do friendlies all the time and i try my best to be serious but my mind wont let me, and i do stupid stuff during the fight. I just use friendlies to practice and learn muscle memory for things for when the tourney comes, cause i can easily hit the serious business switch when its tourney time. Besides, all everyone needs to learn to do is adapt and use critical thinking anyway. A friendly with afro here and there isn't gonna do much for you in that department. I suggest you play chess for a few days, that may help your brain out. I also suggest you play as/read about all of the characters in the game for 1 full day just to see what to take advantage of when you play them, or know what to avoid. For example, if you played GW for a day, you'd figure out that if a GW short hops a fair, they have insane landing lag. So you know to watch out for sh fairs so you can punish them in their landing lag. Or if you played wolf, you'd figure out that your shine reflects projectiles back faster then they came at you (dont laugh, cort was suprised when he saw it in pools. i had to tell him >.> ), so you'll be more even MORE cautious that normal when throwing a projectile at him. Little stuff like that goes a long way to throwing someone's rhythm off, and its little stuff like that you can learn by just doing training mode or reading the character-specific forums.

PS: diddy. best character. clearly

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
to me, friendlies are pointless for improving skill level. Not because its not a good way, but because i just cant train myself to be serious when im playing a friendly. Just ask HRNUT...we do friendlies all the time and i try my best to be serious but my mind wont let me, and i do stupid stuff during the fight. I just use friendlies to practice and learn muscle memory for things for when the tourney comes, cause i can easily hit the serious business switch when its tourney time. Besides, all everyone needs to learn to do is adapt and use critical thinking anyway. A friendly with afro here and there isn't gonna do much for you in that department. I suggest you play chess for a few days, that may help your brain out. I also suggest you play as/read about all of the characters in the game for 1 full day just to see what to take advantage of when you play them, or know what to avoid. For example, if you played GW for a day, you'd figure out that if a GW short hops a fair, they have insane landing lag. So you know to watch out for sh fairs so you can punish them in their landing lag. Or if you played wolf, you'd figure out that your shine reflects projectiles back faster then they came at you (dont laugh, cort was suprised when he saw it in pools. i had to tell him >.> ), so you'll be more even MORE cautious that normal when throwing a projectile at him. Little stuff like that goes a long way to throwing someone's rhythm off, and its little stuff like that you can learn by just doing training mode or reading the character-specific forums.
Yo this is so true, and why it's important to try out so many characters to pick up on the small things that can improve your game. Good **** GDX. :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
P. Diddy for top tier...
i think i just threw up in my mouth alittle...

nope, i lied, i threw up alot

and yes random person, you should move to FL if you want to have brawl tourneys literally every saturday, and some sundays

Edit: I <3 you queen. and you never told us storytime of the meaning of your name like you said you would before gigs #2

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Think of it this way:

Afro is the best. A good reason he wouldn't want to play people is because he doesn't want someone to play him in a friendly at a tournament, and magically find some way to counter everything he does, and in the end, beat Afro in that tournament. However, this is the point; if this DID happen, Afro's only option would be to continue playing hard, to eventually adapt to what that person did to beat him, then again, we would have to adapt to Afro's new concepts to beat him, and so on and so forth. In the end, it's better for everyone.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't understand how one could get better at tournies without doing friendlies in the first place, unless you're constantly attending tournies (unfortunately I have yet to have access to most of the ones here besides PnT and possibly the FIU one next month).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't understand how one could get better at tournies without doing friendlies in the first place, unless you're constantly attending tournies (unfortunately I have yet to have access to most of the ones here besides PnT and possibly the FIU one next month).
i guess that could be why i have my stance on friendlies. Im at a tourney literally every single weekend since hard knocks back in late march >.>

Edit: and 7th is still impressive in a field of 130+ players

Equi

Smash Ace
I can't believe people don't take friendlies seriously. Isn't... that... sort... of... how... you... get... better... at... the... game...?

I know if I never took my online friendlies against Azen, Ken, Chops, dguy, and a handful of other notable players seriously (regardless if they were) I would have never gotten better.

Equi

Smash Ace
Didn't have a ride to Afros, where Mr. Yoshi was going to take me the rests of the way.

Equi

Smash Ace
I know. We'll see if I can magically find another way to get there though ginggggggg :p

Master Raven

Smash Master
nevershootme, I meant possibly in that I might or might not be able to go.

Equi, now that you've mentioned online... man, I just wish there were nearby places around here to play good players offline consistently. I'm stuck with Wifi for the time being and although the lag isn't really that bad when I'm playing east coasters, offline is 100000000x better :/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I can't believe people don't take friendlies seriously. Isn't... that... sort... of... how... you... get... better... at... the... game...?

I know if I never took my online friendlies against Azen, Ken, Chops, dguy, and a handful of other notable players seriously (regardless if they were) I would have never gotten better.
i cant do it yet equi. sorry :(

my brain isnt in fully functional mode once i know its a friendly against people i know and play regularly. One day i'll be able to tame my train of thought and take them seriously. Im actually getting better at it. i can take about half of the matches i play with HRNUT seriously now (which used to be almost no matches)

i wish my online was good enough that i could play diddy online. brighthouse just fails in my city

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I completely agree with you, Afro...and for the record, I'm picking up MK right now, too...M2k just made him look....fun. PLaying smart and all that.

And nah, I'm not picking him up to be gay like everybody else. I just want to teach FL how to beat him. that's all. : )

Equi

Smash Ace
nevershootme, I meant possibly in that I might or might not be able to go.

Equi, now that you've mentioned online... man, I just wish there were nearby places around here to play good players offline consistently. I'm stuck with Wifi for the time being and although the lag isn't really that bad when I'm playing east coasters, offline is 100000000x better :/
I look at online as slow training session. I mean sure it messes up the timing compared to real life, but I still learned LOADS of new tactics with Wolf online. It's easier to be creative and invent new stuff online. That's the way I view it. It's learning.

Master Raven

Smash Master
The only thing I have trouble with online is teching, but I don't have too much trouble pulling it off offline so eh. I don't mind online too much tbqh, just that I feel like God when I'm playing offline matches, though I've played some REALLY good players online (I've played this ****ing genius Snake player called Ally).

Finch

Smash Lord
That's bull. You live in Michigan, why are you even posting in here? You clearly don't have anything worthwhile to contribute.
Wow.

On another note, friendlies are the absolute best way to get better. Where else are you gonna try out new things? It's kind of inane to never play/take friendlies seriously unless you are the best.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I look at online as slow training session. I mean sure it messes up the timing compared to real life, but I still learned LOADS of new tactics with Wolf online. It's easier to be creative and invent new stuff online. That's the way I view it. It's learning.
Yeah as much as I hate online, and wish I could come out and practice more with you guys, but online is not that bad. You learn ALOT of cool stuff from playing so many different match ups on it :)

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Afro, you have been implying during and since the tournament happened that you weren't prepared for the way Mew2King plays MK. None of this can really be proven though, so it's whatever... The fact that you name names is pointing fingers.

This whole thread really is just one big john and QQfest.

As far as your thoughts on how I (and Rx-) play, that's really intelligent. This would be similiar to me saying that the only reason why you do as good as you do is because of the fact that you play Snake who has broken hitboxes on his tilts. Get out of here with that garbage. It's all just scrub logic (and you've said this yourself in the past).

When it comes to me thinking I'm a "big deal" around FL, really? I joke around a lot and I like to hype myself up while showing a little confidence. Is that a crime or just human nature? Still, this is a game after all. I would prefer to make friends and have fun at the end of the day. I don't think there's a single time I haven't congratulated my opponent regardless of how I felt about anything. The better player always wins at that moment. I've always said this. I lost to REDHALBERD (in loser's; Mew2King in winner's) who's a complete unknown and he lives right here in Tampa, FL. The dude has mad potential even though he only practices online. I was mad that I lost of course, but I can still swallow my small amount of pride, shake his hand, congratulate him and hype him up for his next match. This is something I think you're incapable of doing right now. I have nothing against you as a person, but you should really grow up as a player...

The friendly thing is something you should expect. You're the best player in FL right now. Not everyone can be as good as you, Afro. Some people would like to get real practice in against you. That's just normal behavior of people trying to improve their game as fast as possible.

Oh, fun fact... Mew2King used the tornado more than I did in our set...

This whole Finch thing is just dumb too. Finch, I have nothing against you. My comments about Mew2King's DI would make a lot more sense if you watched our set. He would die at very low percents. It just surprised me. The kid is amazingly good at the game (obviously), but I'm not going to worship his **** because of it...

WHAT A GRACEFUL FORWARD TILT AFRO

Anyways, everyone should stop QQing and let's just practice for the next one... truuu?

(I have no problems with anyone personally... so... yeah...)

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President
so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA
they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
HRNUT on GDX's account

I agree with equi...if someone never plays you at their best, you'll never be able to adapt and get better think about it if everyone just sandbagged we'd never know how good a character could possibly be...if m2k sandbagged during our friendlies the day of doubles i would've never even come close beating him when i fought him in the tourney...by him not sandbagging we all saw the potential of a character once thought to only have tornado now if you don't wanna play at your best in friendlies then don't do them period...i'll friendly anyone serious before during or after the tourney with anyone of the characters that i play

nevershootme

Smash Master
I do agree HRnut... even during friendlies you and I play our mains... just as i call it, main's practice. but did it pay off for you when you have to go beat a snake player different than my style, maybe.

I was even messing around with other characters to see who i can perform better with.

nuff said

Top Bottom