• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Daaaaamn does JD really lose to this Mario? Oh that means we have no chance since he isn't even top 5 England and JD is soooo good in French rankings... :urg:
OF COURSE.....IT'S TIME TO GET REAL HERE, YOU WOULDN'T WIN AGAINST US!!!!!

Out of curiousity....where is he in the Rankings lool????

Aww man Prof hope it works out ok, really want to see you here. Thanks for the good words on Facebook however :)

Best of luck, hope all is ok.
lol Well click on the link in my post :)

Yes, I am going to quote myself until I get an answer :laugh:
You should ask Kone since he really knows everything about travelling for this tournament and stuff...and where to go from here and there.

JD here...
tkt pas ashura je perds pas je sais pas pkoi qq1 a dit ca... c plutot serre avec jely mais c que du freeplay, jsuis sur de le battre en tournois lol.
lol I know this was some johns about how it is only friendlies and you would take him out in tournament, but the fact that you are already losing to him in friendlies proves that he is somewhat of a threat to you....ALSOOOOO proving that you don't stand a chance against me.

But we might not get the chance to **** you in crews as we are on the other side of the bracket so we will only play if you get in the Grand Finals lol.

j3ly

Smash Champion
j3ly here.. we both sandbag pretty hard but there is no way this falco is ever beating me in any game that means anything. utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, utitl uitlt utilt utilt utilt utilt utitl. i got this and ill show it in crew battles ;)

deliberatly not doing gay stuff. approaching with forward airs. these are not things i do under tournament conditions. JD will fall

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if i beat j3ly ill also become a smash lord ^^

also Kone, if u see this, im walking to the venue

X1-12

Smash Champion
I hope some Euros can bring melee discs in their bags, cmon guys it doesn't take up much space and some cubes will not have disks

Shino

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a Melee disc with me.

Just wondering. I know that United Kingdom has a different voltage than other European countries (240 instead of 230 Volt). Will that be a problem if you connect an adapter/device to a English socket?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Shino, I don't think so but what kind of plug do you have? in UK its a 3 prong like this

if its not like this you will need an adaptor but I think Kone has some and I'm probably bringing some

Shino

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the quick replys.

@X1-12
Yes, that plug is different from what we use in Holland. Luckily it won't be a matter, because I found on internet that many Britisch supermarkets sell these special adaptors and they seem to be very cheap.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
JD here. basically I said that I aint losing to jely, it's pretty close but yeah, the same as jely, I'm pretty confident I'd beat him in tourney match lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Pas de johns
lol!

@Shino from my experience the voltage only matters when it is 120 volts, the difference between 230-240 should not matter. you will need an adapter as we are the only eu country afaik to use 3 prongs and not 2, but they are common and cheap over here.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
JD here. basically I said that I aint losing to jely, it's pretty close but yeah, the same as jely, I'm pretty confident I'd beat him in tourney match lol.
The fact that it's even a maybe and being questioned if you can beat him means that you will fall harshly to me and you are one of the victims named in my sig :)

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- I'm sound to bring cube/disc/multi plug. I'll try my best to fish out the scart block, but I think it might've gone awol.

Also, does anyone know if it's a **** move to bring a single air bed or is floor space in abundance?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Bring your airbed if you have got floor space, it'd be good to have I'm sure.

I'll be bring a cube and melee of course, LC will be bring 3 TVs down so thats great :D

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Uhhhh Hi this is the germans. We are at the Stansted Airport now, waiting for our coach to Bham. We don't know where we are arriving at
HEEEEEEELP
We are arriving at 4 am and won't have internet then. We need an answer within the next 30 minutes!!!
We are going with National express

Yeniths

East Midlands!
If you are getting a coach you will probably be getting off at Digbeth Coach station or simply Birmingham Coach station. From there you can make your way to Birmingham New Street it's an easy enough journey.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?um=1&...local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQtgMwAA

Enter the "coach station name" to "Birmingham MOOR STREET railway station" then go to walking directions and make notes :)

I wake up at 5:30am today, so if your really in trouble still, anytime from 5:45am onwards give me a ring, even before you if really need help, just wake me up.

07542909363 anddd if your still unsure, phone me now lol

THIS HAS BEEN EDITED ABIT, READ THROUGH IT AGAIN.
Earliest train from Moor Street station to Stourbridge Junction (Kones) is at 6:06am

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
After a really long night i made it to birmingham international airport. My phone kinda died and i can't charge it now so i'll have to make it alone to this tournament i guess :p I wonder how far it is from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom