• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
The above post is amazing imo, cheers dude. This is the sort've dedication I need from the Brits. Setups are an absolute MUST. Europeans if you can't bring cubes (those in cars should be able to ;) at least bring the melee discs as we have spare cubes without them.

jalued

Smash Lord
ill be bringing my wii and melee disc. Im staying at my cuz's house atm near solihull so will be there for the 10th :)

what time to be there on the tuesday btw??

Kone

Smash Master
9am and I appreciate the cube.

Couple of things to post aswell:

1. Bring your own roll of toilet roll. Venue doesn't supply them.

2. If I pick you up from anywhere including Longbridge station I would appreciate each group I pick up throwing me a couple of quid for petrol. With the amount of runs I am going to end up doing it'll seriously sap me for petrol.

jalued

Smash Lord
9am and I appreciate the cube.

Couple of things to post aswell:

1. Bring your own roll of toilet roll. Venue doesn't supply them.

2. If I pick you up from anywhere including Longbridge station I would appreciate each group I pick up throwing me a couple of quid for petrol. With the amount of runs I am going to end up doing it'll seriously sap me for petrol.
i will prob need help from longbridge station, i will have your money for you.

btw is there a contact number or something?

Kone

Smash Master
Urgh, trains are notoriously expensive in the UK which is why you really should have booked them by now. If you can I would book them asap. Use www.megabus.com and if you book the Virgin trains from London Euston to Birmingham New Street you should be able to get it for £14 return. There are other options to Birmingham International but that is the airport so DONT go there. Also, there are cheaper options on the website but they are coaches and take twice aslong.

Getting to mine from Dover is pretty straight forward (it may not read like it is) but there isn't really anyway you can go wrong until Stourbridge as its quite straight foward motorways.

From Dover follow signs to M20 (signposted London)
Join M26 at Junction 3 and follow this onto the M25.
Leave M25 when M40 to Oxford/Birmingham is signposted.
Continue onto M42.
Leave M42 when M5 South West is signposted.
Then leave next junction signposted Stourbridge.
Follow signs to town centre.
When you see Stourbridge Junction train station signposted follow and pull up in car park.
Ill get you ;)

Don't go to the venue at that time as it doesn't open till 9am and no one will be there. Go to mine. Then you can follow me up to the venue.

07982248134 my mob for everyone.

ps I didn't stop from Newcastle to Ermelo for ZEST 4 ;) (except on the ferry).
It is in that post.

smakis

Smash Ace
i can probably bring my wii, and since it can play burned games i can bring one original melee disc and one burned pal disc (no textures or anything, just a normal pal disc) to be used on my wii

also how much more expensive is it to buy the tickets when you get there? Right on the website traintickets from birmingham airport to new street is 3 pounds.

I also suggest (a bit late though) to make a list of everyone bringing a setup, im willing to bet that several people think "there should be other people bringing theirs, i dont need to bring mine"

Kone

Smash Master
Smakis - thank you for bringing wii it definetly will be needed. In terms of setup list it maybe a bit late and I dont think they do that much to be honest. I have drummed it in with the Brits alot that I need them to bring theirs. Btw look to get a train ticket from birming international airport to Longbridge. Just buy on the day as its in the birmingham area so won't change price wise.

JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THE VENUE OFFICIALLY OPENS 9.30 AM I GOT THE TIME WRONG BY 30 MINUTES. BUT, as I have said before I shall be setting up for atleast an hour so bedrooms only will be available till its sorted.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
id like to say again that my melee disc recently broke so i can only bring my cube...ive tried to see if i can bring my TV (does not need a remote) but ill be doing most of my travelling on foot so i dont know if i have enuff room in my box...i just hope theere will be a spare melee disk :/

Kone

Smash Master
Any news on wether we'll know the pools before the tournament or not? :)
Maybe tomorrow.

id like to say again that my melee disc recently broke so i can only bring my cube...ive tried to see if i can bring my TV (does not need a remote) but ill be doing most of my travelling on foot so i dont know if i have enuff room in my box...i just hope theere will be a spare melee disk :/
TV would be awesome and there should be spare dics so please bring your cube.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Could europeans at the least bring their copies of melee please. There are alot of Brits with space cubes but no games.

2. If you have a british/european travel adaptor could you bring it please? this is to make sure we can use the european cubes that are brought.

3. Without sounding weird as I have mentioend this a few times could we please bring toilet roll. There is none at the venue.

4. I have a projector screen ^_^

5. Thursday night.. We should have everyone who is staying at mine back to mine by 8pm. Saying as the tournament is over by that point and I will have had enough of melee I AM INVITING EVERYONE STAYING AT MINE TO THE PUB!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
From Dover, and we need to be there one hour before it leaves to check in.

@Kone: £3 isn't that bad, it's no problem to pay a little more for a tournament this size. Got your PM btw.
Very well, have you sorted out how you're traveling there? I believe you're driving, right?

Also have a few questions. I'll apogolize in advance as I have not kept up with the thread at all.

1. Jolteon and Kone, do I need to bring an air bed/sleeping bag to your place, or do you have sleeping places covered?
2. Will there be alternates during crews? AKA, can you change lineup inbetween crew battles? Would be more fun for some of our lesser players.
It would help, otherwise I'd have to squeeze you all onto 2-3 matresses lol.

jalued

Smash Lord
just so you know, shiftingshadows is no longer attending (resits), but a guy called yuichi is attending instead of him (i cant remember his gametag)

and can i possibly stay at yours(kone) thursday night or are you full? Im up for the idea of a pint too ;)

Kone

Smash Master
Jalued - yeah man np just be aware my house will be proper choker like.

Info to all - Does anyone have a cable that can go from the back of a gamecube into an aerial port of a tv? some of the tvs I have don't have scart sockets :s. You may have had this cable if you had a early version of a N64. Stelzig do you have a one? think you said you did?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Kone/Jolteon: I'll bring my own sleeping supplies, being a sleeping bag and an air bed. It's just that the latter isn't very reliable anymore, so I prefer not to use it, but it's there at least.

I'll also bring FIFA 2010 toilet paper to wipe my butt with the Dutch team for losing.

Kone

Smash Master
The airbed will be needed at my place Marc at the very least. There are only two mattresses and a couch here and there is going to be alot more people Monday night.

Oh, good thing with the toilet roll, serves the dutch side right for playing a horrid final ;)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Jalued - yeah man np just be aware my house will be proper choker like.

Info to all - Does anyone have a cable that can go from the back of a gamecube into an aerial port of a tv? some of the tvs I have don't have scart sockets :s. You may have had this cable if you had a early version of a N64. Stelzig do you have a one? think you said you did?
We have a few here at home if you need them

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Can some UK guy help me? I have a quite easy question actually.
When we'll arrive at London we'll arrive at "Baker Street nr UG" with Easybus.
From there, we have to go to "Victoria Coach Station" to take the coach.
Can someone please provide me a correct link on google maps? Because when I tried to write them a lot of options appeared and i'm not sure which one is correct.

Please this is important especially since we have only like 1.30 hour to get there and if we miss the coach we can't take another one XD

Kone

Smash Master
I need people to bring as many of the following as possible. Please appreciate I am doing my very best to put on the best tournament possible for 110 people. Understandbly I need your help aswell.

1. Gamecubes + Wiis. If you have more than on bring them. If each person in the UK brings their own cube/wii we will have enough setups per tv. If not WE DON'T.

2. Copies of melee. Please bring every copy of melee you have and/or your family and friends. More copies we have more than likely we will have enough setups running.

3. Powerpoints. Please bring any size powerpoints you have. 2 plug, 4 plug, 6 plug and 8 plug each. Doesn't matter how long or small they will come in useful. Most people use them in their rooms. If you are taken your setup to SNY you won't need them while your away. SO PLEASE BRING THEM.

4. TVS. Between me and Charles we have around 30 tvs at the moment. Please please please understand that it is paramount that the rest of the community help with this. It really isn't hard to put 2 small tvs in your car if you are getting a lift. Small tvs are fine. PLEASE BRING THEM.

5. Recording setups including handheld cameras/camcorders to get live footage of the tournament.

6. Microphones and amps. More the merrier.

7. Universal remotes. This is a huge must. Huge chances are most tvs don't have a remote. We need universal remotes to sort them out. More we have increases the chance of getting every tv working aswell as how quickly we get them working.

8. Does anyone have a projector screen that they can bring. Think friends/family and work. I have a projector but no screen. Also, any cables we may need for the projector (between setups/laptops etc).

9. Toilet Roll and Bin bags. I am seriously not joking here lol. Venue doesn't supply them. I encourage you to bring your own roll and bin bags you have lying around (give them to me please).

10. Scart Blocks

11. RF cables or ANY CABLE THAT GOES FROM THE BACK OF A CUBE/WII INTO AN AERIAL PORT.

ALSO THINK ABOUT BRINGING/DOING THE FOLLOWING

1. Deoderant
2. Shampoo
3. Towel
4. Toothpaste/Toothbrush
5. Sleeping bag/blanket
6. Pillow
7. Sticky labels on all your stuff
8. Getting my mobile number
9. Walking directions from google maps if you are getting into Longbridge station and I can't get you.
10. Printed bus details and walking directions if you are getting into Birmingham city centre and I can't get you.
11. Alcohol to chill and enjoy evening chatter. Not everyone will be geeking out in the gym hall with smash all night ;)
12. Toilet roll
Getting to the venue information

If you are arriving in Birmingham city centre;

You need to go to Birmingham New Street train station and get a train to Longbridge. Trains leave every ten minutes, take twenty minutes and cost £2.80.

If you arrive at Digbeth coach station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=6.879233,26.279297&ie=UTF8&z=16&layer=c&pw=2

If you arrive at Priory Queensway coch station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...95657&spn=0.006927,0.025663&z=15&layer=c&pw=2

When you get to Longbridge train station​

1. Ring my mobile. If I am available I will come collect you. Drive is only 5 minutes. Please remember that I will be very busy tuesday.

2. Phone for a taxi (do this in advance of arriving at Londbridge. The train from Birmingham city centre is 20 mins so ring before getting train). Try; 0121 476 5252 , 0121 476 5252 and 0121 475 1234 . Remember to get a quote before booking. The venue is only five minutes away so it should be less than £5.

3. Walk. Directions are: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...n=0.006939,0.025663&ie=UTF8&z=13&layer=c&pw=2 Takes 30 mins.

When walking you will eventually come to a small roundabout with a pub on it. Turn right and the venue is there. Look at the website to see how the venue looks from the outside.
My address if anyone needs it: 33 Grange Road, Stourbridge, DY9 7LE.
My mobile is: 07982248134.

Also, for those getting into Longbridge and want a lift from me instead of walking please take note. Alot of people will be doing the same thing. Please be courteous and let me know BEFORE you get there like tell me when you are getting on the train to Longbridge or else you maybe waiting for some time.

Lastly, Brits if you want a lift from Longbridge instead of walking I expect you to bring cubes as part of the deal. If you don't post a valid reason you can walk.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
when i get to the venue do i just walk in or am i going to be asked for something (ID card or receipt or something)

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Gotta ask this cause the rest was concerned: Housing is provided at the venue for the 10th, 11th and the 12th right? So that means we get housing at the venue on wednesday too? On your site it says "housing provided at the venue 12th & 13th". Those dates are obviously wrong.

Kone

Smash Master
For guys that are coming tomorw or tuesday, my home phone is 01384 375937.
Tomorw I wont be home until 3pm so ring that number and Charles or Deathgazer will collect you or something from the stowbridge junction

Kone

Smash Master
Gotta ask this cause the rest was concerned: Housing is provided at the venue for the 10th, 11th and the 12th right? So that means we get housing at the venue on wednesday too? On your site it says "housing provided at the venue 12th & 13th". Those dates are obviously wrong.
Housing at the venue 10th and 11th. Housing at my house if needed 9th and 12th.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Kone: what meals are happening? is it dinner on the first day, both on the second then breakfast only on the last day?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I shouldn't have watched the APEX streams for so long, only like 4.5 hours till I have to get up.

I'm gonna do some hardcore sleeping at Kone's. :3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
BAD NEWS FROM ME

There's a big chance I might not be able to make it unless I am able to do something at home which is really annoying me, i'm currently trying hard to stop it but I dunno......anyway i've made a post about it somewherelse and would like people to read it so they can kinda understand why I wouldn't be able to if I really don't come to this......sorry guys though :(

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10901096#post10901096

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Aww man Prof hope it works out ok, really want to see you here. Thanks for the good words on Facebook however :)

Best of luck, hope all is ok.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Alright I'm actually gonna take this tournament ****ing seriously now and imma deliver the ****ing business EM n LC represent!!!

See you guys tomorrow =]

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Strife failed to bring me a screen+kboard+mouse. If you want me to record stuff at your tournament, don't make the same mistake, please.

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
Daaaaamn does JD really lose to this Mario? Oh that means we have no chance since he isn't even top 5 England and JD is soooo good in French rankings... :urg:

j3ly

Smash Champion
JD here...
tkt pas ashura je perds pas je sais pas pkoi qq1 a dit ca... c plutot serre avec jely mais c que du freeplay, jsuis sur de le battre en tournois lol.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Can some UK guy help me? I have a quite easy question actually.
When we'll arrive at London we'll arrive at "Baker Street nr UG" with Easybus.
From there, we have to go to "Victoria Coach Station" to take the coach.
Can someone please provide me a correct link on google maps? Because when I tried to write them a lot of options appeared and i'm not sure which one is correct.

Please this is important especially since we have only like 1.30 hour to get there and if we miss the coach we can't take another one XD
Yes, I am going to quote myself until I get an answer :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom