• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
lol Fair enough.

Will whatever money is in the MM is going from your hand straight to my pocket so it would be wise to do it for a low amount lol :D
I never mentioned losing my money. It's just that I tend to feel sorry for my opponent and give him my winnings after beating him =)

Should be a good set though :)

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah thats what I need....RF cables. Does anyone have any of these? basically go from the back of your cube into an aerial port.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
DOES EVERYONE KNOW THAT STAGE STRIKING IS BEING USED AT THIS TOURNAMENT AND THE 5 STAGES BEING USED WHICH ARE

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland
Yoshi Story
Battlefield

smakis

Smash Ace
Wat?

C+IVP+Rocky: Birmingham New Street at 15:44
AJP+Smasher89+Armada+Aniolas: Birmingham New Street at 14:27
oh, my bad then, read the apex thread and you talked about this flight

10 Augusti:
Avgång:
Dublin 12:25
Ankomst:
Birmingham 13:30
14.99EUR

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know 2/3 UK people who are signing up today lol.

EDIT
LOOK AT THE RELIEF YOU EUROPEANS FELT FOR A SECOND WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULDN'T BE GETTING ***** FROM THE PROF MEISTER, SORRY, YOU'RE STILL RECIEVING THE PUNISHEMENT OF **** WHICH I AM GOING TO DELIVER HARDCORE STYLE IN 1 DAY AND REPPING SHIZ UK STYLE!!!!

UK TO WIN CREW'S BABY!!!!

Kone

Smash Master
I dont know if they are called RF cables lol. I mean a cable that can go from the back of a cube into an AERIAL SOCKET/PORT not scart or separate slots.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
When we get rooms, we keep the same rooms for the entire tournament don't we, so no gay changing bullcrap....

ANd alsooooooo how many beds are in each room cos I have no idea of that, just wondering cos I wouldn't feel tooooo comfortable sleeping int he same room with people I don't actually know instead of sleeping with UK people but MOSTLY OOC!!!

No offence to anyone, just EVERY TOURNAMENT I hear about something goes missing and that ain't happening to me.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Me losing my wallet at esa4 was pretty hilarious looking back on it, I was sooo freaked out rofl
but yeah just wondering, are there lockers that we can use?

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Hey all.
Right so im an idiot you have to remember this whilst reading my post(s).
For some reason i never bothered to check my exam results until after gt3. This was a mistake. It turns out i have resits from the 16th of august until the 18th.
So that screws me up for SNY people =( i am so gutted but im even hungrier to get into the scene now..just once ive done my work loool.

Sorry for the MASSIVE inconvienence Ed. >.< Another scottish smasher (SCOTTISH SMASH) will be coming instead of me (idk if he was gonna come before), his name is Seikend THE BOWSER WAHAHA :p

Good luck everyone that attends and i hope to see some of ya at the next london event or something. Cheers.

porc

Smash Journeyman
question : in the rules it says "At the start of each set both players will have the chance to ban one level for the entire set.", that means we stage strike only with the 3 left stages ?

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Yesss. Payment sorted. See you there guys.

Btw - Any of the Swedes reading this. Can I be your mate please? I'm moving to Stockholm (to study at the Uni) on the 23rd August, and I really want to know how to get involved with the Smash scene over there. If anybody comes up to you trying to speak incredibly broken Swedish that's probably me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hey all.
For some reason i never bothered to check my exam results until after gt3. This was a mistake. It turns out i have resits from the 16th of august until the 18th.
So that screws me up for SNY people =( i am so gutted but im even hungrier to get into the scene now..just once ive done my work loool.

Sorry for the MASSIVE inconvienence Ed. >.< Another scottish smasher (SCOTTISH SMASH) will be coming instead of me (idk if he was gonna come before), his name is Seikend THE BOWSER WAHAHA :p

Good luck everyone that attends and i hope to see some of ya at the next london event or something. Cheers.
what ya doing you fool!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
SS come for Crews and Wednesday, leaving on Wednesday and revise on the train like a man!

But I will miss you at this lol, really cool guy. Best of luck!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
would any1 consider training me AT SNY? im not coming to win, im just coming to get better.....but its just not possible to go anywere b4 the tourney..all help will be greatly appreciated ^^
You should try to play as many people as possible if you want to get better.

Question time!
Can you pay with euros at all in the UK or do I have to get pounds?
You'll need pounds.

Course he is. SDB making guest appearances ala KOOP, GLADAM, COEY, SOS SCOTT AND JAM5.

phex...im being lazee and can't be bothered to look at my pms. When do you germans arrive and when did you need housing till again lol? dont worry its okay.
Awesome. :D

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
question : in the rules it says "At the start of each set both players will have the chance to ban one level for the entire set.", that means we stage strike only with the 3 left stages ?
No, stage strike is from the 5 neutral stages. After the first match the loser cannot counterpick a stage you have banned.

Kone

Smash Master
When we get rooms, we keep the same rooms for the entire tournament don't we, so no gay changing bullcrap....

ANd alsooooooo how many beds are in each room cos I have no idea of that, just wondering cos I wouldn't feel tooooo comfortable sleeping int he same room with people I don't actually know instead of sleeping with UK people but MOSTLY OOC!!!

No offence to anyone, just EVERY TOURNAMENT I hear about something goes missing and that ain't happening to me.
Firstly, I have never had problems at any of my tournaments with things going missing. That is because at registration I offer everyone labels to put on their stuff. This is normally a huge incentive to stop things from going missing. SNY will be the same for SNY. If I offer you labels, take them, and put them on EVERYTHING!

In terms or rooms I am using my common sense to put people into bedrooms. As in, OOC will end up in their own room. I am not daft and will make sure people aren't put into random rooms. Rooms will be signposted with who is sleeping in them (those with beds, some with those on floor, others should be able to work out where they should sleep on the floor of what rooms).

The venue is large. There are rooms with 12 bunk beds, some with 10, some twins, some singles and some rooms with 5 or 6 beds. I can't get into the venue till this monday. As such, I haven't been able to confirm who is in what. However, when you arrive at the venue you're room will be clearly signposted.

Me losing my wallet at esa4 was pretty hilarious looking back on it, I was sooo freaked out rofl
but yeah just wondering, are there lockers that we can use?
At the moment no. But I know there are 17 single rooms that are. If you want one of them to be sure let me know. I know my own room is locbable so if you are that worried, but don't want a single room, you can put stuff in it. But be aware that I don't (or my partner Kate) want to be hassle 24/7 to get stuff out of the room etc.

Hey all.

Gutting dude sorry about this :( you'll be missed.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Daaamn josh, that really sucks :/

Who's yujie teaming with now?

Also ed, said in the other thread a while ago but got no response, I can house them in my london house, I won't be there though. If you could give me their emails, that would be great :)

smakis

Smash Ace

Btw - Any of the Swedes reading this. Can I be your mate please? I'm moving to Stockholm (to study at the Uni) on the 23rd August, and I really want to know how to get involved with the Smash scene over there. If anybody comes up to you trying to speak incredibly broken Swedish that's probably me.
Go to dragon's lair, swedish smashers meet and play there regularly

IVP

Smash Ace

http://smashfonticulus.ecommunity.se/ register here and go to "sammankomster" and then "dragions lair" and just ask when people are gonna be there.. every1 understands/speaks english. we are playing there like 2-4 times in a week. where in stockholm are u moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom