• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Not many, and its actually hard to tell because you can be hit out of it earlier then it ends. ( I call this IASAOWH ; interruptable as soon as only when hit ) ....

I wish I could do the frame data for you >.< but no wii, brawl, or equipment as of right now

Ugg

Smash Champion
Not many, and its actually hard to tell because you can be hit out of it earlier then it ends. ( I call this IASAOWH ; interruptable as soon as only when hit ) ....

I wish I could do the frame data for you >.< but no wii, brawl, or equipment as of right now
Ohh.. That's too bad, thank you for the other info though.
Why 'as of right now' if you don't mind me asking?
this is the Q&A thread.. xD

.Kiyo

Smash Cadet
How do I take on Pikachu guys? My gf can totally own me when she plays as Pika and I don't know how to freaking counter that thing. Every time I approach it's down smash spam and if I nade camp I'm getting hit by her b spam. What can I do here?

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
How do I take on Pikachu guys? My gf can totally own me when she plays as Pika and I don't know how to freaking counter that thing. Every time I approach it's down smash spam and if I nade camp I'm getting hit by her b spam. What can I do here?
use ftilt better and powershield the thunderjolts.

Kirk

Smash Champion
If anyone needs frame data questions answered, just hit me up. I'll be happy to look into it. Snake is next on my list after Ike. :)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
platform camp, duck the lasers, after 40 the bread is all yours

and if you're a *****, blow yourself up to 40%

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
quick question, if you place a c4 on someone who's broken their shield, will they wake up.
id test it but my wii's not hooked up and i just dont feel like it

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
it doesn't wake them up

if you break a shield do this:
C4 stick > full charged fsmash>detonate

usually the fsmash kills by itself, but in case it doesn't, the c4 will generally finish them off

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I was playing Snake in teams recently and I found something interesting with him. I grenade shielded and picked up the grenade and then went to grab the ledge. I didn't think it was a smart idea at first; I thought I was gonna get stage spiked. Instead, the grenade exploded not spiking me and killing my opponent in the process.

I was wondering was if what I did was luck, or is it an actual technique for Snake to use?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
What is up with all of the random effects on grenades when you through them? Like on Corneria I throw a grenade and it just stops without even hitting anything. Are random stopping grenades a complete mystery or does anybody actually know something about it?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
sounds like you're accidentally stripping yourself

when you throw one grenade and shield drop a second, the first loses all momentum and falls to the ground

edit: D-Torr: its a good trick but not really a technique, just don't stage spike yourself with it :D

edit 2: Here's a question, Does anybody else utilize the ISJR?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
yea the grenade to ledge thing is WAAAAAAYYYY old.

do i utilize the ISJR......no. according to one of the threads in tactical you can do it to all his aerials. the only vidz are bair and dair. i wouldnt do dair since you have to DJ. and im not good with his bair ive bone it halfway through the BF platforms.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
ISJR?

10questions
- Second Jump Renewal, Infinite Second Jump Renewal
How to Perform: Execute an aerial such that when your character would touch the ground during the last few frames of the aerial. Press Jump just before the character touches the ground.
Effect: The character will do another second jump without landing. Some aerials are short enough that they can be used to renew Second Jumps infinitely.
10answers :D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
How does Snake do on Brinstar in general?

I swear that Snake has a good advantage on that stage, but I want to be sure

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
for some reasons well....IMO that is snakes best counter stages are all samus stages idk why but remember...IMO.

i think he does pretty good there. he can up B under the stage right? good to take a falco there i guess since its supposedly harder for him to CG. i have never taken anyone there ive played on the stage at least 3-5 times since brawl so i wouldnt listen to me.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Of these stages which would prolly be snakes "worst stage"

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Castle Siege

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
It's just that Brinstar has such small blast Zones, and with Snake killing power he kinda dominates there. Add in the fact that he's a heavy guy and the fact that his explosives are so **** hard to see there xD
For me anyways lol

I think it's safe to say that Snake ***** on Brinstar

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
im not much for yoshis island i can do my nade tricks on that stage (eazyseph if your reading this i do your tricks...)

not sure about castle siege either i never see snake on that stage.

snakes best are BF FD and SV AND LC since you cant see his c4's on lylat. so i guess ur going against a snake so you can counter it? well dont pick the ones i listed bcuz those are his best stages.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
OH OH OH....ONE MORE THING!

im going to the im going to the MASS MADNESS on feb 28. (any snakes going there too?)

and i wanted to ask something so that i can be ready.

it states that the players can take 2 stages off from selection (one neutral and one counterpick)

neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

counterpicks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

which two would i want to take out to avoid getting *****? and dont tell me about that "it matters on the character BS" what should i just take out period (i already know character wise which stages are bad for snake like MK on BF).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I would get rid of RC for sure. I hate that stage with snake. You can't set up stage control because of the constant moving. Plus characters like G&W and MK **** so hard on there it's not even funny.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
RC is Snake's worst stage (imo), you should ban that majority of the time

against a Falco, ban Japes (and strike FD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom