• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
question. you guys know the mario utilt>utilt>utilt etc. thing?(works with toon link too)

and it works best on heavy characters but mainly it works on all characters until a certain percent like CG's i guess.

but anyways how would you get out of it before you get to like 50%?

i was thinking cypher up....can you DI up?

please test this and tell me.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Fd maybe?

Mario sucks anyway.

Neutrals work good on everyone.

You could go Brinstar or Norfair too, just cause they **** with snake.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
mario does not really suck. his utilt lock is like a freakin chaingrab.

luckily my friend doesnt do that even though i tell him he should. but pretty much all he does is fireballs, and he double jump high and when he comes down he will bair so i guess shield grab will pretty much beat him...but hes a challenge to me for some reason...i guess i cant play marios.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I know this question gets asked all the time.. but I conducted a search and found nothing (I wasn't going to read through this entire thread to find the answer either).

How do you do the momentum changing C4 / grenade pull with standard controller settings?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You hit left or right on the joy stick immediately after using the move. C4s are a lot easier to learn how to b stick with because if you mess up you don't pull out the nikita XD

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
By b-sticking I just mean changing your momentum with your b attacks, not actually changing your c-stick to b attacks. You can't b stick grenades with the changed c-stick anyways.

K 2

Smash Lord
Hey everyone. I'm going to team up with a Snake/ike main at a tourney, and I was wondering what stages Snake is good at. I know Snake does well on neutrals, but is he super good on any counter pick stages? I use G&W.

G&W's best legal stages are:
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Norfair

He also does well on:
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes <- I heard this is one of snake's worst stages.
Halberd

Corneria is banned.

Edit: Also, what are good MK/Snake doubles stages?

Panix

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. I'm going to team up with a Snake/ike main at a tourney, and I was wondering what stages Snake is good at. I know Snake does well on neutrals, but is he super good on any counter pick stages? I use G&W.

G&W's best legal stages are:
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Norfair

He also does well on:
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes <- I heard this is one of snake's worst stages.
Halberd

Corneria is banned.

Edit: Also, what are good MK/Snake doubles stages?
snake is great on...

FD (unless your vrsing a falco or rob)
Smashville (best snake stage imo)
lylcat cruise (three platforms = c4 ****)
yoshi's island
noirfair
brinstar

battlefield is snakes weakness, mainly because thats more of a ariel characters stage.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Halberd and Norfair are good counterpicks with Snake and G&W.

Battlefield is a good Snake stage what are you talking about?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It all really depends on who you're fighting on BF. Characters like MK and Oli are dominant on that stage. For the most part though, BF is a good stage for snake.

Which is more effective at limiting someones options when they are on the edge? A mine placed so that any get up or ledge attacks trigger it, or a grenade? I always thought a mine was better, when you had the time to place it.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
BF is a great stage for Snake... his aerial game is great and BF lets you use it to its fullest. + Pushing shielding opponents off the platforms into the last hit of nair always feels great.

Just learn how to adjust how you use aerials here.

1. Platform dthrow techchase to dair is basically a guarenteed dair on anything....
2. Nair can hit people off platforms, and into the attack
3. Fall through platforms to bair/uair is great.
4. C4 + Mine games using the two lower platforms. Allows for some great setups as well (throw into mine, explode c4 above)
5. Using the platforms for "advanced" grenade usage.

But this stage gives HUGE advantages to other opponents (Meta Knight for one...I'd NEVER bring a MK here...) but otherwise it's my 3rd favorite Snake Stage. (Smashville > Norfair > Battlefield)

Panix

Smash Ace
BF is a great stage for Snake... his aerial game is great and BF lets you use it to its fullest. + Pushing shielding opponents off the platforms into the last hit of nair always feels great.

Just learn how to adjust how you use aerials here.

1. Platform dthrow techchase to dair is basically a guarenteed dair on anything....
2. Nair can hit people off platforms, and into the attack
3. Fall through platforms to bair/uair is great.
4. C4 + Mine games using the two lower platforms. Allows for some great setups as well (throw into mine, explode c4 above)
5. Using the platforms for "advanced" grenade usage.

But this stage gives HUGE advantages to other opponents (Meta Knight for one...I'd NEVER bring a MK here...) but otherwise it's my 3rd favorite Snake Stage. (Smashville > Norfair > Battlefield)
I would have to put lylact in fromt of nofair, norfair is more for vrsing D3 and falco. BF is some of your worst match-up's stage. (falco does good, MK, Oli)

They can just roll from the ledge and it'll blow up if it's that close to the edge.
That is why you just need the mine make them come to you. I thought that with the mine limiting getting up and attack they either jump or roll. Both of which can be intercepted with a FH Nair. Grenades I do not really see much usage on the ledge unless you do not really have time to place the mine.

To me mine placement is superior to grenade placement at the ledge as the mine lasts longer. Only difference is the amount of time needed to place a mine vs the grenade. But is there anything else that I'm not really getting between the 2?

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Lylat is good for Falco's and Dedede's probably better.

Norfair is just good for Snake. Try it out when it's not banned.

Playing Falco on BF is way better than playing him on FD.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm in class till six today, and then I have two tests to take today as well. So it'll either be late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom