• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I demand a solution against snake's nair. I know in luigi snake discussion that supposely luigi's nair ***** his nair but i still get ***** by snake's nair considering, if i'm on the edge and if he uses nair, i'm screwed since nair limits all of my options >__>

but yeah, when im getting hit by nair what do I do? DI from what direction?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
@hippie

Learn to SDI out of it. Also, most Snake's jump straight up or towards you.

If straight up: SDI strongest with your current knockback seems to help... this shouldn't happen often. (Generally Up and Behind him)

If towards you: Because Snake will be falling down, try to SDI up and behind him.

what have we learned?

SDI up and behind him.....

tl;dr Ask the Wario boards =p

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
dayum. i def learn something fo sho. i thought it was away, sometimes i'm di-ing towards him like towards his fat body and yet im still getting hit by all the hits o_O. thanks alot hope this will help for mah tourney this weekend

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I heard (but I can't say I know for sure) that jab > F-tilt is a true combo.

What about jab > U-tilt?

Also, I have a question on move degeneration. Say you have your nine slots for degenerated move as

1- u-air
2- b-air
3- grab pummel
4- grab pummel
5- grab pummel
6- forward through
7 u-tilt
8- u-tilt
9- f-smash

Now, assuming you do a jab > jab > jab (A,A,A) combo.

Will it input into your degeneration moves once, as one jab, or three times as three individual jabs?

And that being the case, if it counts as one jab does the first jab degenerate the other two as well? So if you jab > F-tilt are you degenerating both the triple jab and the F-tilt?

Also my earlier question was sometimes when I try to blow up my C-4 (which is already on the ground) out of a short hop, for some reason he doesn't do it. Like I am either not doing it fast enough or I am making Snake FF and he hits the ground too fast. I got into the habit of Fullhopping to detonate it, don't know if that's the best idea though.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
I heard (but I can't say I know for sure) that jab > F-tilt is a true combo.

What about jab > U-tilt?
not so much no. it's good if you catch your opponents off guard.

Also, I have a question on move degeneration. Say you have your nine slots for degenerated move as

1- u-air
2- b-air
3- grab pummel
4- grab pummel
5- grab pummel
6- forward through
7 u-tilt
8- u-tilt
9- f-smash

Now, assuming you do a jab > jab > jab (A,A,A) combo.

Will it input into your degeneration moves once, as one jab, or three times as three individual jabs?

And that being the case, if it counts as one jab does the first jab degenerate the other two as well? So if you jab > F-tilt are you degenerating both the triple jab and the F-tilt?
keep in mind that jab degeneration works if the moves connect. (assuming you know this already). the triple jab combo inputs as three individual jabs since your doing three different button inputs and there's three individual hitboxes. if your doing jab>ftilt the last two hits of AAA shouldn't be degenerated.

Also my earlier question was sometimes when I try to blow up my C-4 (which is already on the ground) out of a short hop, for some reason he doesn't do it. Like I am either not doing it fast enough or I am making Snake FF and he hits the ground too fast. I got into the habit of Fullhopping to detonate it, don't know if that's the best idea though.
I used to have the same problem as well. Genrally fullhopping is the better idea.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
do you think you guys can discuss the match up of snake and wolf?

ally went against a wolf about 2 days ago and had a really hard time with him.

in november 2008 i went to a game night where melito showed up and used wolf on me. i had a really hard time with him.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Wolf isn't Snake's easiest fight, but he isn't too tough either. A smart Wolf shouldn't use his F-smash, as you can easily punish it. He will try to poke you with his B-air and WoP you, and laser camp you. You can't crawl under the laser. Once you get in Wolf's face you can really put the hurt in him.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
just remember that lazer activates nade...

this can actually be a good thing or a bad thing. its good if the nade is near wolf. it's bad if nade is near you.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
ok thank you.

another question. havokk stated for someone playin luigi to SDI up and left to get out of snakes nair.

what about a snake in snakes nair? what way would we have to SDI? and can you do it when he is on the ground instead of mid-air?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
@hippie

Learn to SDI out of it. Also, most Snake's jump straight up or towards you.

If straight up: SDI strongest with your current knockback seems to help... this shouldn't happen often. (Generally Up and Behind him)

If towards you: Because Snake will be falling down, try to SDI up and behind him.

what have we learned?

SDI up and behind him.....

tl;dr Ask the Wario boards =p
what does tl;dr mean lol?

also since im going to tourney this weekend and will expect mucho snakes that will or will not nair spam like **** that they are, also because if i lose to snake because of nair and since i wont know how to di, ill cry lolz.

but anwyays my other question was that, do you repeatly tap up ? or you just hold it? i always get these things mixed up for some reason >.<

SuSa

@hippie

too long; didn't read

Tap it during the last(during?) frame(s) of hitstun.

I really need to read into it from the Smash Labs POV. Apparently everything my video taught was 99% wrong description of why or how, but it works. Wrong wordings as well, etc. >.<

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
tl;dr means "too long; didn't read" So the short version of what he just said in that context.

Tap it. to smash DI you have to hit your joystick the way you want to go right as you get hit. So tapping allows you to SDI out of multiple hit attacks.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It is good for against people who have predictable crappy recovery (I.e luigi's green missle). Though it's abit risky and you might get gimped on the way back if your not careful. Snake's has safer options like placing nades/c4s near the edge, while pressuring you with upsmashs.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
i was wathcing a recent video of lambchops and how do you grab with a grenade in hand?

indianunit

Smash Journeyman

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yes, I know what he was saying, but if you grab it drops the grenade before you grab. Therefore, my statement is still true. >_>

Vorguen

Smash Champion
To properly DI out of multi-hit moves (Snake's nair, Zelda's smashes, Rob's D-smash, Fox's F-air, etc) you hold the joystick in the direction you want to go and then mash the C-stick repeatedly in that direction as well?

That being said, is it inescapeable for Snake to get out of Fox's low % combos? AKA u-tilt and his F-air?

I figured out how to DI out of Pikachu's and ROB's d-smash, if I remember correctly you DI down for ROB's and up for Pikachu's.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Alright. I've seen this trick done before a few times, and I'm very curious as to how it's done. I very often see people dropping grenades, grabbing their opponents while standing right above the grenade, and not getting any damage/knockback from it. hao2?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yeah, I thought so. I heard of that, but it didn't seem logical. I guess the fact that I use slot 4 most of the time is a good thing. This is only when you've got your opponent grabbed, correct?

Since Snake's grenades bounce at an angle to the ground it hits, you can shield drop grenade to pick up and throw at the ground when on an incline. Then as it flys in it's long arc you shield drop another to stop momentum. What stages might this be useful for grenade camping? Yoshi's island melee is the only one I can think of that gets most benefit out of this.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Also Yoshi's Island brawl, halberd, Lylat, Delfino, Frigate, Castle Siege 1, Corneria and Brinstar (off the top of my head)

It can allow for better control of your grenade placement with good stripipng

SuSa

It's extremely useful.

When Lylat/Yoshi's Island is curved strongly a strong throw down onto the angeled surface with good timing can bounce and hit a recovering opponent. (You can also grenade strip it midair to hit opponents recovering from below into a possible aerial or stage spike (Lylat)

I do it a ton at Lylat :p, less often at Yoshi's

Vorguen

Smash Champion
That means both of your characters are selected blindly, IE you tell the organizer what you are selecting without your opponent knowing and after you do you are forced to stick with that choice.

SuSa

I'm buying a Fender Acoustic for $35 from my friend's sister (who likes me, so I'm getting like $100 off <.< and its a pretty nice acoustic, just a bit out of tune...) tomorrow :D

Already have a starter Fender Starcaster, and a Kramer Classic II (I believe 1986-1987) with a Chrome Floyd Rose tremolo (sp? I can never spell that right) passed down from my grandpa (great, great guitar)

//off topic

Question(s) by me:

Smashville. Decent MK CP? it seems to be the ONLY stage I DON'T get ***** on, and the occasional random c4 from the platform helps a ton for me (especially setting into "into aerial" comes)

Down throw on ledge infinites... who can get out of it and with what aerials? (I'm guessing any 'insta' aerial, like Peach's nair.... but some trade damage.... and I think even some we can utilt them before they can react; who wants to do the testing?)

I can't test :( only get to play like once a week as well..... + I'm dropping Bowser for Lucas again. (I can never decide which one of those 2 I like more D:)

Snake > Falcon > Bowser/Lucas

:p

ps; still not back but getting a bit more active. (daily for like an hour now :) I got my privelages "raised" for getting the BEST history test % (85.7%... everyone else got 70% or lower. and I mean EVERYONE... so on the curve I got something like 115% on the test) and I also got 101% on our math test (teacher added 4 points to everyones test for the curve... then he gave me a bit of extra credit for doing 4 digit decimal into 5 digit number long division without a calculator + finishing FIRST when people COULD USE calculators)

I'm trying ****ed hard to keep good grades so I can become active again..

ps

I should get my wii back within 3 months, or else I will buy a new one hopefully :p

I started a pooper scooper business, I make $15 a week and only started it yesterday... hopefully will get more customers this weekend meaning I'll make more.

Wish me luck :) I miss you all. (and keep this place active, you guys can update threads without me)

also; sorry about all the threads (matchups mostly) that depended on me to update :( I really do feel bad about leaving out of the blue and not having time for most, if any threads.

//end mini blog/rant sorry.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom