• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniboy

Smash Apprentice
The forward throw uair re grab forward throw uair uptilt, that seemed to be the one that was use on me the most.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You can SDI the uair. Also it's not a perfect combo either from uair to another regrab, so you can get out of it.

KenNeth ALWAYS SDI's my uair... so annoying. :\
Yeah, it's really easy to get the timing for the SDI too. I always SDI up, does it work in any other direction?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's what they're talking about. The kirbys I fight normally go for the utilt which gives them a free bair as well. You can SDI the uair up to get out of it.

But if you could SDI another way other than up to get out, you'd be able to get on the ground faster and avoid other possible followups. Anyone know about this? I can't test it right now. :(

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
You always want to SDI, but since we're not perfect beings we can't do it 100% of the time.

Now to DI Marths dancing blade you want to usually DI the way his attack is hitting you and a little bit up. For example, if his attack hits you to the right, you want to DI right and a little up.

It also depends on which specific slash he is doing but most of the time DI'ing away and up will suffice.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
this might help u machinegunnorm. oh and u should know that snake has a grab release infinite on falco but you have to use his boost grab to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijsuAnngSY

what were u guys talkin about falco? he has a jab lock with snake now or somethin?

and should i have more c4's out? i never lay one out bcuz when i get knocked to the side i hate it bcuz my c4 is on the stage which screws me over.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
as long as you aren't facing like falco, c4 on stage isn't a bad thing.
and falco doesn't have a jab lock, just his jabs can be a pain to get out of if you don't know how you're suppose to get out.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Falco's jab cancels are a pain in the butt btw. So annoying.

Misterpimp, those people in that vid are ********, that is not how the match is supposed to be fought. First off, I don't know how the falco was expecting to kill him by only shooting lasers. Im pretty sure that was a joke match, cause I guarantee you they really aren't that stupid.

Only camp till you are at like 40%~, then go in and fight. If you get grabbed before then, you get ***** by falco's chaingrab.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
and should i have more c4's out? i never lay one out bcuz when i get knocked to the side i hate it bcuz my c4 is on the stage which screws me over.
Regardless of if you're afraid of getting knocked out, C4 is really great to have out. It provides one more thing for the character to be scared of. The problem is, like you said, the fear of not being able to recover because there is C4 on the stage. I'll admit, I've lost tourney matches because of this, but I still think having C4 on the stage has more benefits than flaws.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I never keep a c4 on the stage vs a falco. It seems like I need to use it almost every time I get knocked off the stage. I'll use them, but I blow them up almost immediately when I do.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I kind of find it mildly amusing that the last few pages of this thread consist of problems with the solution of SDI-ing.

Also, hello boards. Hope everything's going alright, I'm just rockin the college scene ova here. I don't play brawl at all regularly anymore, heck I've been playing ssb64 more than anything lately. Great stuff.

On topic: Any new (i.e. on-par with mortar sliding/boost grab) snake AT's? I am guessing no.

oh and is boost grab only limited to snake?

peace.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
SSB64 is too good, I play it more than Brawl too (mostly cus I have no wii though)

No new big ATs that I can think of atm

A lot of characters can boost grab/reverse boost grab, only one I can think of right now though is Falco

l8r

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I never keep a c4 on the stage vs a falco. It seems like I need to use it almost every time I get knocked off the stage. I'll use them, but I blow them up almost immediately when I do.
Ah, I missed the part mentioning Falco. I thought it was just for basic play against the rest of the characters.

Yeah, never leave C4 against a Falco. I wouldn't mind using it if he just had the chain grab, but he has that spike if he chain grabs you to the edge, so nevermind my last statement. Better to camp than to mindgame with C4.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
but didnt you see the video with sk92? u can now tech (di and SDI) to the stage.

it WORKS SOOOO MUCH! when he has you to the edge just di and sdi and you will be spiked on the stage instead of going straight down.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yes, but that is hard to do, plus if the falco thinks you'll do that, he can just not spike you and watch you fair to your death. It's better to be safe than sorry. Just don't approach till you can't be chain-grabbed.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
hopefully no falcos are reading this lol. sk92.

um...i was thinking about making a thread about characters and the stages you should counterpick against for snake to get the upper hand....should i do it? bcuz i really need to know more about my opponents than myself. at the tourney i went to all i did was counterpick rainbow cruise. and that was pretty whack.

Question about counterpicks. Would Aero Dive stage one be a decent counter pick when avaible? It seems to be it would be the perfect snake stage. Small field when moving around that has no ledges and makes it easier to edgeguard as you have such a small stage. When grounded you have odd situations of platforms or pit in the center. Cars coming by that can safe you by making the other person go airborn to avoid getting KOed by the vechiles at like 80%. The pit is deep enough that you can C4 under it and pop up under the stage or on the other side. It just seems like a really good stage to use, or are there bad things about it that I am not seeing?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
hey snakes, other than tap jump off, what other controls do you have customized?

i have L for jump so that SH dair is easier and so i can jump with nades.

and i have X for grab so that i can boost grab easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom