• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I saw it on a video,Ike killed snakes second stock while Ike was like almost dead.
Snake taunted,Ike attacked,and a nade exploded,killing ike.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Now I can try to do an lol kill,I would like to mention a reference related to it,but its been used over-never mind.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
yea.........snake boards is dead again...........i remember when i first signed on this site. i went to the snake boards and it was alright....but about a week later it was dead.

then about 2-3 months ago we had havokk......everything was back to normal and i was enjoyin it but now that he is gone the snake boards are no more a threat.....

am i the only one who checks the snake boards every 10 minutes? if i see no one talkin then i just go straight to youtube.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
yea.........snake boards is dead again...........i remember when i first signed on this site. i went to the snake boards and it was alright....but about a week later it was dead.

then about 2-3 months ago we had havokk......everything was back to normal and i was enjoyin it but now that he is gone the snake boards are no more a threat.....

am i the only one who checks the snake boards every 10 minutes? if i see no one talkin then i just go straight to youtube.
lol, the DK boards are the same way, I pretty much check both of these boards frequently, so you aren't the only one.

BTW what's DACIT stand for, I've never heard of it lol. Seems useful though.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace

I check it a lot too. And I used to depend on others to make interesting threads or discussions, but someone is going to have to step it up around here. I do the top player interviews in general brawl discussion, but I'll be trying to make more posts around here for discussion.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
DACIT = Dash Attack Canceled Itom Toss/Throw

Also I'm still here, there just isn't much to actually.... find anymore... and NO ONE contributes to my "TEST THIS **** PLEASE" thread...

So all the 'good and important' threads sort of... died

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I've been in Antioch then San Francisco for a few tournaments

we need a new video thread, I'll make it, but who wants to help find all the sexiest Snake vids?

Kenneth said he was going to do a video thread when he found the time, but that was like a week or 2 ago he said he would get it done lol.

I'm bored after school half the time anyway so I can waste a few hours to shift through a ton of snake vids to find good ones. I think we already have an idea of some of the good ones.

What about adding some of the japanese vids? I remember a thread posted on that and those vids were pretty decent.

EDIT: Could I get anyone to upload some vids for me for snake critiquing? I've no way to actually upload any vids myself. Maybe a little critiquing around here will spark a little life into the snake boards.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Okay so I decided to pick up snake for the lulz (maybe competitive wise?). I know most of Snake's basics, at the very less to an extent mostly because I've played many snakes, watched a few and I can pretty much mimic snake players pretty easily.

So my questions are as follows

What is the usual mindset of a snake player? (I'm a luigi player, so my mindset is all about observations and looking for a mistake to punish etc..). Are snakes always aware of where they put their c4s etc for ex?

What's a typical snake really? ( no not the ones that spam utilt/ftilt)

When do most people nikita, and shield nade and throw the nades?

What does it take to be a GOOD snake? (ally wise?).

Last question, what's Snake's OOS options?

Thanks hope this wasn't a hassle. hoping in picking up snake just to get a good feel for him at the least,.

Nic64

Smash Lord
What is the usual mindset of a snake player? (I'm a luigi player, so my mindset is all about observations and looking for a mistake to punish etc..). Are snakes always aware of where they put their c4s etc for ex?
observing and abusing peoples habits is good for pretty much any character, there's some flexibility with snake but most snake's are going to utilize his explosives a lot and use them to influence an opponents actions, when snake drops a nade/mine/C4, he now has an element of control over that space for a certain period even though he could be anywhere else doing something totally different, this can at times lead to situations where your opponent has no safe options, and can more often limit their options badly enough that they are far more predictable than normal. stage control and camping people into your powerful tilts/dthrow tech chase is something most snakes will preach

most snakes are pretty campy

nikita is mostly only good for edge guarding, it leaves you pretty open so you don't want to use it too much. nades are on the other hand your most useful move, experiment with them a lot, they can be used for practically anything...seriously.

telepathy =/

shield drop and ftilt is great, if you can shield grab, his down throw is amazing

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Okay so I decided to pick up snake for the lulz (maybe competitive wise?). I know most of Snake's basics, at the very less to an extent mostly because I've played many snakes, watched a few and I can pretty much mimic snake players pretty easily.

So my questions are as follows

Majority of Snakes are campy, while playing we find ways to force separation so we can continue to to camp behind our nades and tilts. we always know where our mines are and we usually are timing them too, especially C4, proximity mines don't detonate after they time out, C4 does and can be very dangerous.

Typical Snake is campy, punishes sloppy approaches with tilts, and resets the position with DACUS when needed.

I rarely if ever nikita, only when falling from high so I have it falling near me
if by shield nade you mean nade counter, I do it all the f*cking time, basically whenever they break through my wall
I throw nades when they are mid to long distance away (assuming I have my mines set for long distance)

Amazing stage control

I generally tilt OoS or just shieldgrab, Snake has great grab range and at least one amazing throw

Thanks hope this wasn't a hassle. hoping in picking up snake just to get a good feel for him at the least,.
not a problem, glad to help :D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's called B-Reversing, and you press B then the opposite direction your facing quickly....

I wish I could shove the basics into peoples heads. :( But I remember being where they are at. "LOL DACUS WTF IS DAT"...

bribri123123

Smash Ace
I know this is stupid, BUT;
Can you pick up snakes planted bomb that snakes explodes when he pleases? Not the other one.

Panix

Smash Ace
I know this is stupid, BUT;
Can you pick up snakes planted bomb that snakes explodes when he pleases? Not the other one.
Oh god you can't be serious?

Snake can only put them on you, he can't pick them up yourself.

if you get to close to snake he will just down B and it will do the sticking action.

you probably think that because you saw a snake stand over a c4, then you got close, he pressed down B and then it dissapeared off the ground and he put it on you.

right?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Does anyone Up-smash out of shield with Snake? It seems like a good option unless I'm missing something. Ground hitbox is out frame 11, so it comes oos same speed as F-tilt.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
sooo many questions on b-reversal....its like the first think to learn with snake other than snakedash. we might as well make a useless video thread of someone explainin it for 10 minutes in 3 different videos.

sooo many questions on b-reversal....its like the first think to learn with snake other than snakedash. we might as well make a useless video thread of someone explainin it for 10 minutes in 3 different videos.
You should see the falco boards Q&A. They have to teach people like a ton of different things. SHDL, gatling combo, phantasm canceling, DACUS, BPG, and probably some other stuff too.

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question, whats b-reversal?

jk jk i know what it is but on a more serious note, at 0% is upgrab to uptilt to nair a decent combo? I haven't tested it out yet, and i think you can di away from the nair but i'm not sure.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
the nair can be DIed out of, if you land a grab, its always a good option to just dthrow and take it from there

IxxI

Smash Fence
B-reversal has been getting pretty popular since that Japanese player put those Snake videos up a while back....Anyone else notice this?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
A up grab+utilt+nair is great at 0%.

=)
nair can still be DIed out of :D

uthrow does 11, utilt does 13, I'll say 2 kicks of nair if your opponent can DI will land, so it'd do 4 then 6 (I think)

11+13+10=34

dthrow to jab->ftilt does 12 then 25
12+25=37

:D

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
B-reversal has been getting pretty popular since that Japanese player put those Snake videos up a while back....Anyone else notice this?
b-reversal is a great move, i use it almost all the time when i'm high in the air. I guess those Japanese people really do know what they're doing

nair can still be DIed out of :D

uthrow does 11, utilt does 13, I'll say 2 kicks of nair if your opponent can DI will land, so it'd do 4 then 6 (I think)

11+13+10=34

dthrow to jab->ftilt does 12 then 25
12+25=37

:D
If you follow the nair in the direction they're trying to di it will make it much harder for them to di out of nair. If this is a decent combo, it could do a total 51% damage if the opponent didn't di out of the nair.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
If you follow the nair in the direction they're trying to di it will make it much harder for them to di out of nair. If this is a decent combo, it could do a total 51% damage if the opponent didn't di out of the nair.
I was going off of my average number of hits with nair in tournament, I rarely land all 4, or even 3 before its DIed out of

and I think it does 52 if you do manage to land everything

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
I was going off of my average number of hits with nair in tournament, I rarely land all 4, or even 3 before its DIed out of

and I think it does 52 if you do manage to land everything
Do you do a falling nair? If so thats why. My nair are ussually full hopped or double jumped so it's nearly impossible to escape it because i'm rising so they cant tap di up and out (assuming i'm di'ing in the direction they're moving)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
What does DJ nair stand for? And how is it executed?

double jump, you jump twice before executing the nair and it finishes just before you hit the ground
double jump nair, its lagless

rapidly hit jump twice and then hit A
Okay if you full hop a Nair he executes it completely, but I notice there is a bit of lag at the end. So if you DJ it you won't have any lag at all? Sometimes I do this, but I start to fastfall towards the end so I do the last kick and land shortly after. Is this incorrect? Would I lose lag if I let it land normally? Also, with a Full-hop N-air I thought it was easier to hit people who jump off a ledge.

Okay if you full hop a Nair he executes it completely, but I notice there is a bit of lag at the end. So if you DJ it you won't have any lag at all? Sometimes I do this, but I start to fastfall towards the end so I do the last kick and land shortly after. Is this incorrect? Would I lose lag if I let it land normally? Also, with a Full-hop N-air I thought it was easier to hit people who jump off a ledge.
Yes. A double jumped Nair will have no landing lag. FH nair has the landing lag even after you land the last kick because the attack is still in the ending frames after the final kick and so when you land on the ground it reads it as you still in the middle of the Nair and gives the landing lag of nair.

Double jumped nair just puts you in the air longer so that the nair animation finishes before landing on the ground and you therefore no landing lag.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Do you do a falling nair? If so thats why. My nair are ussually full hopped or double jumped so it's nearly impossible to escape it because i'm rising so they cant tap di up and out (assuming i'm di'ing in the direction they're moving)
nair is too easy to DI out of

Nic64

Smash Lord
as well as DIing characters with 1 or 2 frame attacks like Marth's dolphin slash or MK's uair can get out of it by attacking you, brawl is really stupid sometimes

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Approaching the stage with your back that way you have the extra option of B-air...

Back to the last question, if characters are on the ledge, does the DJ N-air always land, or is Snake jumping too high?

Can I still fastfall at the end, or should I let him drop normally to avoid landing lag?

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Why not just full hop Nair so if they shield they go back to the edge?

If they jump off the edge I guess you can Double Jump Nair.

I really don't know about this subject though, but I was just trying it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom