• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
-If you tech right on the edge, he will grab the ledge because of brawl's auto sweet spot. I'm assuming this is the same with any character.

-SDI diddy's first hit.

-You can place mines on the edge for edgeguarding, you can try to force your opponent into them with a throw or ftilt, you can use them for stage control, there are a ton of ways you can use mines. You just need to experiment with them and see what works for you.

I played wifi for the first time and started the AiB ladder this past week and I'm already top 65. I never knew ****** everyone in wifi could be so much fun XD

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's pretty fun when there isn't much lag. Lag sucks.

I guess being able to completely **** everyone makes it more enjoyable as well :laugh:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@reborn: i normally blow up mines pretty constantly, espcially if grenades are nearby, cause its quite confusing and often hard to avoid. generally i put them near the end-ish of the stage or on a platform, pressure my opponent with grenades over there, and smash their shield to pieces. recently ive started using mines to blow up grenades well before the opponent expects them to go off (extends explosive range). very nice little trick :)

@KN: ill give it a go. thanks

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol shmot, having trouble with vyse's diddy? its a pain to beat, I know a neat little mine trick that I'll show you next time I'm up there but chances are you prob's already know it.

edit- wait wait, your not from qld your from melbourne? I always get those 2 mixed up... anyways we'll have that rematch sometime and then we can exchange crazy snake tricks, snake ditto's are best

IxxI

Smash Fence
When your tech chasing, what do you do if your opponent lies there? I tried F-tilt and it completely misses.
xD

IxxI

Smash Fence
I've tried all of that Twenty Two, but sometimes the opponent is too small, and yeah, i've been C4 sticking. I just need something else to do.

arwildcats09

Smash Apprentice
What is the Zelda-Snake matchup? A zelda main keeps johning about how snake is broken and he owns zelda on AiB. I beat him in friendlies and now he won't stop annoying me. :laugh:

Attila_

BRoomer
lol shmot, having trouble with vyse's diddy? its a pain to beat, I know a neat little mine trick that I'll show you next time I'm up there but chances are you prob's already know it.

edit- wait wait, your not from qld your from melbourne? I always get those 2 mixed up... anyways we'll have that rematch sometime and then we can exchange crazy snake tricks, snake ditto's are best
yeah from melbourne. i dont have too much trouble with diddy normally (my younger brother's diddy is probs the best in melbourne) cause ive versed it so many times; mostly win if i can avoid getting gimped (even on fd :)) im probs better with bananas then i am with nades hehe

my match with you is still my only snake ditto match ever, aside from the rubbish ones ive had with the wiimote at this stupid eb tourny. need more practice, but it should be fun.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
is the ftilt to fast to DI? (snakes of course).

second thing...

have you ever stage spiked someone with the cypher? i was practicing with a lvl 6 right now and i was recovering and he grabbed the ledge. when snake let go of the cypher falco's inv. frames wore out and the cypher hit him at the top of the head and he went straight down...lol cypher is godly.

and i did it to a human too look at this match at 2:05 this was a long time ago and u SHOULD be able to see it. also i am the person laughing. i always laugh when i play brawl. it makes me better lol (it really does).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6NTBQZz34

Attila_

BRoomer
never stage spiked with the cypher, but do it reasonably often with the box. it actually has kick *** priority. goes straight through like tink's upB and stuff :D

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
thats not saying much, link/tlink's upB have no hitbox on top so its easy to see why the box will **** them lol

and it takes great DI to get away from that second hit of ftilt (being so broken and all >.> )

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Norfair, and Brinstar are some of his other great stages.
thanks for the help lol. You've helped me on the Diddy Boards and on the Snake boards too xD. I usually play on neutrals with Snake, but after awhile i get bored, and i usually rotate my counter picks.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
hey you guys mentioned about the TL and link recovery having a big weakness on the box.

is it a really big weakness? like will it stage spike everytime or at least hit them everytime?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I never really go for it, but if they are recovering low and you have time, its always an option

I enjoy the bair stage spike more than the box spike though lol

EDIT: Metroid stages love Snake

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I know it does in TL's, only did it to a link once

TL's has no hitbox behind him, or at least a very small one

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Just a really quick question.

I don't think this specifically was in the frame data but how much priority does Snake's glitchy fast A,A,A,A (continuous) have over other attacks? Could you specify in the frame data or make an education prediction of how much priority it has. Would it have the same priority as that of a normal AAA combo?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
the rapid jabs have the same priority as a regular jab, the first comes out on frame 3, I haven't seen the other jabs frame data released (or I missed it)

They will clank with a lot of attacks, Snake is a monster made of priority and sexy manliness

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Does priority even have anything to do with frame data?

But yes, the jab cancels out a lot of attacks/projectiles and is extremely useful.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
ok can you guys give me the DL on this?

falco
marth
link
and toon link

what stages should i counter pick? what stages should i stay away from? what stages should i ban? bsides rainbow cruise.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace

falco
marth
link
and toon link

what stages should i counter pick? what stages should i stay away from? what stages should i ban? bsides rainbow cruise.
Do not let Falco get you on FD. It has no extra platforms and he can camp like hell plus IAP without any risk of SDing. Falco is **** on FD. Don't be there when a Falco is around

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord

falco
marth
link
and toon link

Don't let Falco take you to Japes, platformed stages do well for you here though

Don't let Marth take you to battlefield, flat stages work better

Stay off Norfair, I take links to Frigate, they can't grab the edge on one side and they already have a horrid recovery

I generally take TLs to Halberd for super early kills, idk what to ban though (besides RC of course)

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Ban Delphino for Toon Link and if theres 2 bans ban Rainbow Cruise too.

Marth don't get juggled, do like anything to stop it like nades while falling all that stuff.

For Falco just blow yourself up for the cg to be stopped, than he's easy.

Link and Toon Link are just going to spam projectiles, once you get by him Ftilt or something.

Yeah listen to Syx too.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
its better to just stand on nades vs falco and shield when they go off, that way if he grabs you it goes off nearby and resets the position. Boring fight, its a major camp battle until you break 40%, after that you **** him though.

@Ixxi, the grab release CG isn't large enough to change the matchup, but we beat him anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom