• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Oh I love Marth's up throw. I like throwing people up at medium percents, jumping to bait an air dodge, and then as land Up smash because they are just out of the air dodge =D

OverLade

Smash Hero
Really outdated because people didn't really use it.

I may make one of 'selections' where people vote for good videos to be displayed.

All videos containing Ally automatically get on the list. :laugh:
Lol sounds good enough.

Don't you play Metaknight though?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Lol sounds good enough.

Don't you play Metaknight though?
You're thinking of Havok from San Diego I'm thinking...

I need to contact him about scheduling that match for the tag. I haven't played in 2 months (without messing around at friends houses), but I've improved.

JV 4 stocked my friend Mitchel.... funniest crap ever.... (and it's not that hes bad... he's a REALLY good Lucas...never seen anyone utilize b-sticking the way he does)

Ain't that weird?

IxxI

Smash Fence
What happened to Psycho ******?
Anyone know?
I liked watching him for the first 2 months of Brawl's release.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You hit down b then immediately hit the direction towards snake's back. Same as a grenade, and IMO easier to do cause if you mess up you don't pull out a nikita XD

On a side note, I beat DSF in snake dittos in tourney on saturday.. Then he switched to MK :ohwell:, but it was still pretty close. Got him to the last stock with around 80-90%..

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Nice. Yeah I kind of new that just wanted confirmation. I can do turn arounds quite well, but the change in momentum sometimes doesn't come out. I just wanted to know I was doing it right.

Gratz on the ditto win btw.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
On a side note, I beat DSF in snake dittos in tourney on saturday.. Then he switched to MK :ohwell:, but it was still pretty close. Got him to the last stock with around 80-90%..
XD

too good Ken, I only ever played his MK, he taught me mid match about the grab release> sweetspoted dash attack kill on him...

he still won >.>

Vorguen

Smash Champion
So grab release to instant dash to dash attack always hits MK?

Unless dash attack is not degenerated and MK is really high percentage would this be useful I guess, because a tech chase can lead to a tilt and be more efficient IMO.

Ken Neth, do you know the %'s and executions of that?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
DSF said to wait till around 150% to try it, cause it won't kill for sure till around then. And if it won't kill for sure it's better to tech chase into a tilt.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Haha, just wanted to put this out there.
If you Jab>f tilt1,
You can predict what they're going to do.
People often roll away or behind if you're well spaced because they can't shield grab.
What I like to do is predict the roll and RPG behind i think they're going to roll behind, or if they roll away, run up over to grab after the ftilt1 to start a down throw tech chase.
It's fun.

Edit: Or you can grab.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Don't worry you don't need a vid it's easy. Just air release to boost grab. You can boost grab by a + y or x.
yea and set y or x to grab
Do you have to set any of these to grab? Because I have always tried to boost grab with shield + A.

Would making X a grab and doing dash attack + grab (on X/Y button) be better?

Also is the timing similiar to a boost smash? You input the dash attack first then immediately grab afterwards?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I am considering messing around and changing my controls. Okay is the grab release like Wario's? Where you stop choking before he lets go so he releases in the air? Or do you let him release on the ground? Do you have to buffer the boost grab?

I will probably practice this on computers very soon.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I know this, I am just asking which was the one that you needed to boost grab. Also when do you grab him, when he is still in the air? You guys are worrying too much about explaining the details that don't matter. Do you have to buffer the boost grab? Do you just release, then dash immediately to a boost grab?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were asking about Wario's grab release. I skim too much :D

it has to be an air release and I usually just dash to a boost grab. You'll catch him before he touches the ground

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
yea i got a dumb question.
what do you input in order to wavebounce when pulling out a grenade in the air and you want to go the other direction =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom