• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I know its good for cooking, but does it go under that cursed reflector?

And good luck :)

EDIT:

ROFL!!!! I love you're edit, I almost forgot about that meme.
I don't think it goes under the reflector, but I'm not sure.

Haha, I think snake only has 2 meme's right?

"Camp with nades' space with ftilt."

"Snake has grenades and stuff."

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I don't think it goes under the reflector, but I'm not sure.

Haha, I think snake only has 2 meme's right?

"Camp with nades' space with ftilt."

"Snake has grenades and stuff."
I don't have a wii at the moment, think you could test for me? I think it does... or the angle is so weird it doesn't really do a good job of reflecting.

We have a few, but those are the 2 largest ones. :)

As far as I know trying to chuck the grenade by going off stage a bit doesn't go under the reflector. When you chuck it (and even when timed perfectly) it still has a little bounce effect to it when it hits the bottom of the stage. So I am pretty sure that would get shined back at you.
I got my own questions.

1)When is that new video thread going to be put up?

2)Are there any particular vids that show really well how to use grenades such as a particular match or something like that? I feel that is what I am really lacking. Although I think grenade usage against sonics is a bit difficult anyway.

3) Is it best to do the Double Jump Nair or the Full Hop Nair? Or are there particular circumstances that each is best to be used for.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hell, fine I'll test. I don't think I can get vids though. People will just have to trust me. =O
you have no reason to lie, just so long as you actually test it ;) give us some visualizations, how well it works, etc. lol

As far as I know trying to chuck the grenade by going off stage a bit doesn't go under the reflector. When you chuck it (and even when timed perfectly) it still has a little bounce effect to it when it hits the bottom of the stage. So I am pretty sure that would get shined back at you.
I got my own questions.

1)When is that new video thread going to be put up?

2)Are there any particular vids that show really well how to use grenades such as a particular match or something like that? I feel that is what I am really lacking. Although I think grenade usage against sonics is a bit difficult anyway.

3) Is it best to do the Double Jump Nair or the Full Hop Nair? Or are there particular circumstances that each is best to be used for.
1) When someone makes it. To be honest, just go on youtube and search "Ally SSBB" and you'll get all the vids you need.

2) Ally. Watch him. (Also Ultimate Razer is pretty good)

3) I always double jump it, I prefer NO LAG rather then COMPLETION. Lag is how you get punished.

I swear, Ally with Snake is sort of like Ken with melee Marth. Just watch Ken play and you'll learn all you need to learn from him, only this time it's a Canadian.

congrats on the red letters havokk.

Smashville and BF for snakes best stages? pfft

Halberds got to be his best, or at least one of them. Its 2gud for snake.
I like Halberd. Gotten some pretty epic KOs with the C4 under the stage at high percents to an Uair or something like that. No one ever sees it coming.

Wouldn't you think that Port Town Aero Dive would be CP with snake against certain characters. No ledges for people to grab onto, extremely small. Plenty of damaging areas. I love to CP that stage when it's allowed.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I double jump nair if I'm intercepting people in the air, and full hop nair when I'm edge guarding sometimes, but usually I double jump nair if i have a shield dropped grenade on the floor.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
ok heres another dumb question by beetlejuice yay XD

since all snakes arials (except fair when sweetspotted) sents you diagnoly upwards (can't spell =p), can it be possible to chase after them simply with up b and do a nair or bair (reverse up b) use a c4 and recover back to the stage.
And if so since snake has good priority with nair (I think lol) at what percents in general would be beneficial to get the stock off when already near the end of the off stage screen thingy.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Bair depends on DI.

Uair generally hits upwards unless they DI

Dair hits more sideways...

and I generally do that anyways

80%
ok cool so then lets say full hop nair offstage and then parachute then jump off your parachute (2nd jump) then nair. Also how about attempting it when you go do your second nair and they are at 50% you sexy man havokk you <3

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
congrats on the red letters havokk.

Smashville and BF for snakes best stages? pfft

Halberds got to be his best, or at least one of them. Its 2gud for snake.
i generally get owned on halberd. its really hard to use nades well on it, and lots of characters (espc like pit and d3) can do some really gay things under the stage. just try utilting a solid ledger on that stage... its impossible...

Good the pros outweigh the cons =D
snake kicks *** in teams (not as much as gw, but close enough)... my brother and i have rocked a few tournys with our snake and diddy combo - gets em everytime :)

3) I always double jump it, I prefer NO LAG rather then COMPLETION. Lag is how you get punished.
i like snake hopping... but i only use it as an edgeguard. generally if you see a character start climbing the ledge, you should be able to time it and move backwards enough to hit a least a few times, and not get punished.

Tennet

Smash Champion
For momentum canceling i've seen people say Uair, I see Ally using bair and then in that video dair it said, which is really best?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
For momentum canceling i've seen people say Uair, I see Ally using bair and then in that video dair is said, which is really best?
For momentum canceling, you use your aerial that ends the fastest to regain control the soonest and then fastfall or use your second jump

so lets look at the frame data

Uair: ends on frame 48
Dair: ends on frame 57
Bair: ends on frame 43

so it would seem bair would be best, but IIRC, a while back Kirk came in here and said an airdodge is fastest for Snake (ends on frame 40) and is the best for momentum canceling

with all that said, I use bair usually

Airdodging for horizontal knockback, right? With vertical, the key to momentum canceling is getting that fastfall ro reduce knockback which can be down with any aerial. Airdodging I didn't think could be fastfallen.

Tennet

Smash Champion
For momentum canceling, you use your aerial that ends the fastest to regain control the soonest and then fastfall or use your second jump
I know what it is was just asking which is best =P so good i'm already getting a habit of using bair

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I explained it all out for the people who might not know who may read it

that way they hopefully don't keep asking :D

Tennet

Smash Champion
I explained it all out for the people who might not know who may read it

that way they hopefully don't keep asking :D
oh right lol, i don't notice these things much...

Snake is too much fun. I really like him in doubles, I still use him in singles some but hes too much fun in doubles...

Panix

Smash Ace

so lets look at the frame data

Uair: ends on frame 48
Dair: ends on frame 57
Bair: ends on frame 43

so it would seem bair would be best, but IIRC, a while back Kirk came in here and said an airdodge is fastest for Snake (ends on frame 40) and is the best for momentum canceling

with all that said, I use bair usually
bair is the best while not trying to mess up your mind set for other players (you don't want to airdodge+jump with metaknight or marth)

I usually just use Uair and spam quarter circle up for vert knockbacks. for all my characters. no one really seems to have slow uairs. so it's like a universial DI for me.

(warning: I know someone is going to say that someone's Uair is laggy, Im sure someone has a laggy uair, but 90% of the uairs are quite quick)

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I don't know if he will, I always find it odd, how people complain about snake being broken, but when it comes to matchups, everything seems to become nullified and all of our matchups are like 55:45. Doesn't make much sense to me. But to answer I think Snake is an amazing character, and could be #1, but I'm just that biased, lol, so no, no downward movement in my opinion.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
He'll always be top tier, probably always #2 if not jumping to 1

But if something does happen and he drops, I can't see it being more than one or two spots

IxxI

Smash Fence
BTW, has anyone ever tried the thing little prediction thing I posted a few days ago? It works really well for me.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
snake is pretty awesome, defs below mk though... wouldnt surprise me if wario overtook him at some point in the future (when more people actually start using him)... dont think falco can...

number 2 sounds right at this point

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Wario does have a lot of potential, but so does Snake. I see Snake going #1 before I see Wario passing Snake. Not that it will happen soon, but I think Meta Knight will slowly die down or at least plateau, while other characters keep getting better.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
That is what they said about Sheik in Melee. Look at Pikachu and all his crazy new chaingrabs on top tiers.

Things are constantly being found out about the game. It is true Meta Knight is and always will be top tier material, and that fact that he is so easy to learn and master helps.

But in the end, there are many more characters screaming with potential, Meta Knights are starting to plateau. It might be a while, but who knows, Meta Knight might lose his throne.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Easy to master?? Not even close. I'll give you easy to become decent with, but after watching DSF's MK this weekend, other MKs don't even compare. Him and M2K are on an entirely different level from all the others.

MKs are only starting to plateau because they are not capable of going to that next level.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I think wario or diddy have some slight potential but ultimately I think snake stays number 2, falco is probably going down if anything. I think my current top 5 would be like MK > Snake > Wario = Diddy > GAW

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Also MK is the best character,but it always matters about the people's skills, when Ally beats m2k maybe then someone else would be the best.

I will mm your mk since mk is so easy to use.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
lol now lets change the title to tier list discussion lol.

which is a better character to team with marth or tl? and i would appreciate it if u can tell me why

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'd team with marth. Teammates with projectiles get obnoxious if they aren't really good at avoiding you. Plus, TL's boomarang often flies past him and can potentially screw up whatever you're doing.

I hate getting hit my my teammate's projectiles XD

I'd team with marth. Teammates with projectiles get obnoxious if they aren't really good at avoiding you. Plus, TL's boomarang often flies past him and can potentially screw up whatever you're doing.

I hate getting hit my my teammate's projectiles XD
Imagine how your team mate feels when you blow them up instead xP

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Unfortunately my main is Snake and ROB my secondary, so I am stuck with projectile users for doubles. I have noticed that C4 does very well in doubles, because it is easy to set off and people don't focus too much on it since there are 4 players you have to keep track of.

As for grenades, I don't toss them around too much, just use them for grenade countering and just shield drop them mostly. If you throw them around carelessly you might start hurting your teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom