• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've checked countless times, after reading it in our "How To Cook a Pineapple" thread - that says 4 seconds.

I've timed it here and there when I forget - I always get 4 seconds.

It's 4 seconds from pressing B until it explodes. It's almost exactly 3 seconds from when you can throw it and it explodes.
False. It is 3 seconds from the time you pull the grenade out.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9f4NhSxFIA

I pull the grenade out as soon as the match starts, and it blows up at 1:56.93 Which is approximately 3 seconds, plus 4~ frames (which I blame on not being able to push b at the EXACT time the match starts.)

Grenades take 3 seconds to blow up.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
We have a new meme.....

"Camp with 'nades, space with ftilt"
"Snake has grenades and stuff..."
"Whats a fair?"
"Snake's can't fly... *link to flying snake video*
"No Snake main can count to 3.... we count "1....2....4! Except Ken Neth" <_<

SuSa

"Camp with 'nades, space with ftilt"
"Snake has grenades and stuff..."
"Whats a fair?"
"Snake's can't fly... *link to flying snake video*
"No Snake main can count to 3.... we count "1....2....4! Except Ken Neth" <_<

There they all are... the 5 rules of Snakeboards. (Yes. Just Snakeboards, not Snake Boards)

Q:

Can snakes fly? And what happened to that video? And where did 8angel8 go? and how come the metagame thread died again?

SuSa

1) I love you

2) iseewhatyoudidthere

3) Nah, I talked to him. He quit Brawl :p for Street Fighter lol.. He's sick of MK and camping/planking

4) :( I would but I have no wii for 2-3 weeks

5) I'm going to a tourney tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) <3 Havokk

2) >.>

3)SF4 is too good, I play both

4)I've never owned one

5) I just got back from one :D
1) If anyone didn't know what the rest of that was about that would be ackward Black_Heretic :laugh:

2) I <_< right back

3) SF4 is too good and you play both. Both of what? Only one thing was mentioned. xp

4) Don't worry, you'll own a flying snake someday. It'll be green, shoot exploding pineapples from it's mouth. (aka A yoshi-snake crossbreed)

5) I got back from one too. (what are we talking about ?_?)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So, I'm quitting brawl most likely, due to a bunch of bull**** that has been happening to me all because of smash

I'll probably still be around every now and then.

Peace everyone. Keep reppin' the snake.

Sorry to hear that. You'll still be around to update some stuff? You are pretty much one of the few people that has the login's for a bunch of threads.

SuSa

Ken, PM me. you know what.... <_<.......................you have the keys to threads that I lost.

Also sorry about being grounded, kicked out of my moms, and not having internet for like.. the longest times Q.Q

and come on Ken.... it can't be that bad :x is it?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
1) If anyone didn't know what the rest of that was about that would be ackward Black_Heretic :laugh:

2) I <_< right back

3) SF4 is too good and you play both. Both of what? Only one thing was mentioned. xp
1):D

2) Brawl and SF4 my bad :laugh:

So, I'm quitting brawl most likely, due to a bunch of bull**** that has been happening to me all because of smash

I'll probably still be around every now and then.

Peace everyone. Keep reppin' the snake.
D: But you're so cool!

and we never got to play together

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ken, PM me. you know what.... <_<.......................you have the keys to threads that I lost.

Also sorry about being grounded, kicked out of my moms, and not having internet for like.. the longest times Q.Q

and come on Ken.... it can't be that bad :x is it?
Here are just a few of the things I have had to deal with in the past week:

1- Being accused of harboring runaways and kidnapping over state borders
2- Getting fined by my housing place for over $350
3- Gettind DQ'd from a tourney yesterday for doing something I asked the TO about right before I did it.
4- All the old cool people are leaving the scene and have been replaced with super annoying wh0res that I want to punch.
And the list could go on and on.

So yeah, smash is no longer worth it to me. It's been too much for me to handle. Plus, the thing that enjoyed the most about smash was the social aspect. Now that a lot of the cool people are leaving and annoying people are coming, I no longer look forward to going to tourneys anymore. It's not worth it to me.

And I'm assuming you mean abit_rusty's account stuff?

Syx, if you ever come to a Utah tourney, I will be sure to come back and go to it just for you ;)

1 is just... wow, that sux.

Like Heretic said. There go to other places. You could always try the online aspect.... but.... yeah xD

Edit: I got a question. How does the stale system work for brawl? Trying to figure out when you get a fresh uptilt again if you already used it earlier in the stock.

IxxI

Smash Fence
It's weird where I live...

California.

There's big smash scenes in socal and norcal, but guess where I live?

The middle.
**** my life.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
just to clarify, if falco grabs you at 0% is that a guaranteed stock, is there literally nothing you can do (if the falco doesn't mess up) besides blow yourself up ?

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
just to clarify, if falco grabs you at 0% is that a guaranteed stock, is there literally nothing you can do (if the falco doesn't mess up) besides blow yourself up ?
You can easily survive the spike if you DI correctly and save your jump. It also depends on where on the stage he grabs you.

If a perfect CG, grenades cannot be used to counter the CG, but if the falco lets slip a frame you can get the grenade out. You can live the spike by teching the edge of a techedgeable stage by using SDI and DI, I think. If not it depends on the stage. If on JJ you get spiked on the far left side snake does lose a stock as the water will sweep you away. Other stages snake pretty much lives on as you can just UpB back. The problem is that as you are UpBing, Falco can just land over you and try to spike you again. So to prevent that you will likely have to UpB away from the stage C4 like 1 or 2 times to gain height before trying to get back.

So against a falco and you are in CG range never keep a C4 on the stage. You never know when you'll need it again to live. Sux though that you go from pretty much 0% to like 80% with C4 damage included.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Here are just a few of the things I have had to deal with in the past week:

1- Being accused of harboring runaways and kidnapping over state borders
2- Getting fined by my housing place for over $350
3- Gettind DQ'd from a tourney yesterday for doing something I asked the TO about right before I did it.
4- All the old cool people are leaving the scene and have been replaced with super annoying wh0res that I want to punch.
And the list could go on and on.

So yeah, smash is no longer worth it to me. It's been too much for me to handle. Plus, the thing that enjoyed the most about smash was the social aspect. Now that a lot of the cool people are leaving and annoying people are coming, I no longer look forward to going to tourneys anymore. It's not worth it to me.

And I'm assuming you mean abit_rusty's account stuff?

Syx, if you ever come to a Utah tourney, I will be sure to come back and go to it just for you ;)
What exactly happened?

Tub

Smash Apprentice
It IS a bad place to write that, i'm VERY UPSET! You aught to be ashamed of yourself, when I saw that disgrace to proper forum etiquette I nearly **** my pants, (luckily im naked)... and I also threw up a little.
b*tch.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You can easily survive the spike if you DI correctly and save your jump. It also depends on where on the stage he grabs you.
I know you can survive the spike, but generally falco's not going to let you back on the stage.

so does the snake board unanimously agree that blowing yourself up in the beginning is the best choice?

I know you can survive the spike, but generally falco's not going to let you back on the stage.

so does the snake board unanimously agree that blowing yourself up in the beginning is the best choice?
You'll never really get a unanimous decision. Some will say you should and others will say the opposite.

Blowing yourself up is a free amount of damage that falco doesn't have to issue at you. Providing you play well, you'll be dying at ranges over 150% most likely. So that 30%-40% you deal to yourself is negligible in a way to the over all stock.

Other people would argue that blowing yourself up is pointless as a good falco wouldn't be trying to force the grab anyway. And if your a good snake trying to avoid the grab shouldn't be difficult as falco only has a few methods to getting the grab and any attempts can be punished.

Personally, I say don't blow yourself up. Although, if you have problems avoiding getting grabbed a lot of the time, then just go ahead and do it.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
What is zair I've heard it several times is it a air-dodge?
You see the characters that grab with tethers rather than with their hands? Well if you airdodge and press A (or press the Z grab button in the air) then you will use that tether to grab ledges. However Sakurai made these tethers an attack as well and some have great range. Link had a zair in melee and Smash64 I think. In brawl many characters have this. Zero Suit Samus does not have one though cos her tether recovery is in her up or side-B.

List of chars with a zair attack:

Samus, Link, Toon Link

The one char who has a zair that only grabs ledges (does no damage):

Lucas- I recommend you use this for mindgames lol. Short hop and fast fall a Lucas zair and buffer a jab or tilt. They always get confuzzled by it lolol

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
Tell me if this has been done before but I've seen that if you use prone and walk to the edge then use a double jump followed up by a c4 with instant detonation it will blow up right below the stage. I've also seen that if you use c4 while in prone on a edge you fall down could this have any sort of practical use?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Snakes like to drop C4's on recovering opponents yes. Being prone doesn't do anything for that, lol.

I don't know about the prone to falling down thing, I doubt it will be useful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom