• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If you're opponents shielding, stop and try to c4 stick. Then they'll be like "I should punish" then utilt.

chances of happening: 0.000000000001%

Good luck :D

I'm out of questions. <_<

Snake has grenades and stuff, ya know?

EDIT @ Magik

Actually, I've done testing. It seems to work. :) (you can at least stick them, not too sure on the utilt) also if they DO trip, you can utilt.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
lol you'd need so much hitstun to be able to stick someone like that. A jab just won't cut it. Possibly the ftilt that trips to stick, but I'm not sure on that. If they don't react fast enough then it would.

Edit: magikguy beat me to it lol

Tennet

Smash Champion
pfft =P

Now I want to find all set ups that lead to a C4 plant lol

C4 kills are so satisfying...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There isn't really any guaranteed c4 plant that i can think of- except in a few situations that depend on what they do, but I don't count that.

Tennet

Smash Champion
There isn't really any guaranteed c4 plant that i can think of- except in a few situations that depend on what they do, but I don't count that.
Yeah, I rarely seem to find opportunities, then again I don't really go for them...

SuSa

Wolf and Lucario when recovering can pretty easily be stuck.

However don't rely on it.

Also c4 plants have some guarenteed things - the explosion isn't.

PS:

Almost anytime your opponent is shielding, expecting an attack. STICK THEM. C4 sticks go THROUGH shields. Great mindgame, I've gotten 4+ kills off this.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I have managed to C4 plant several times, but it seems that my opponents reliably airdodge it or shield it. If I try to tilt them and blow it up, its stuck on me, so I end up trying to stick it on myself on purpose, then sticking it back to them with a tilt, then exploding.

All in all, what might I be doing wrong because the C4 sticks don't seem to be doing too good for me..

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
Ok I've got this large problem whenever I try to c4 recover I end up fast-falling is there anything I can do to fix this?

SuSa

Very lightly press down, or change to b-sticking.

I don't use the c-stick to DACUS, so recently I've been testing B-sticking for Snake, since I -never- C-stick with him, not even for aerials.

I recommend practicing only lightly pressing down, or hold down while moving up in up-B (first few frames) and mash B when needed.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Alright, i'll try to play peach for a while. Float is too good.

Edit: *Needs to make this Snake related* Grenades.

EDIT EDIT: Havokk, have you heard of a town called Porterville in California?

Grandmastershogun

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this has already been asked (too lazy too look :p) but, how long after a grenade is thrown does it explode? I thought it was 5 seconds but I could be wrong. <_<

Tub

Smash Apprentice
hold on, ill go check...

EDIT: Ken Neth was correct, it's 3 seconds.

EDIT: EDIT: just realized how weird a 22.4 cm fuse would look, so now im going with; a 19.2 mm fuse, that burns at 6.4 mm/second. (do the math)

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: in all honesty, it really doesnt help to know the exact time, just keep practicing until you get a feel for it.

SuSa

Alright, i'll try to play peach for a while. Float is too good.

Edit: *Needs to make this Snake related* Grenades.

EDIT EDIT: Havokk, have you heard of a town called Porterville in California?
Nope

I'm not sure if this has already been asked (too lazy too look :p) but, how long after a grenade is thrown does it explode? I thought it was 5 seconds but I could be wrong. <_<
4 seconds - 1 second you can't really do anything so it's more like 3.2 seconds

SuSa

It blows up 3 seconds after you push B to pull it out... I checked it like 2 weeks ago cause I wasn't sure.
I've checked countless times, after reading it in our "How To Cook a Pineapple" thread - that says 4 seconds.

I've timed it here and there when I forget - I always get 4 seconds.

It's 4 seconds from pressing B until it explodes. It's almost exactly 3 seconds from when you can throw it and it explodes.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-fv2IsRoZhs

In that video, I'm counting four seconds from when you pull a 'nade out. Great match by the way...

Anyway, what is the easiest way to DACUS? I can hardly do it with C-Stick, and I've tried R/L but I use both of them to shield/airdodge, so that messes me up. I should probably just keep trying to get it with C Stick...what other buttons work for the 'smash' command? Z?

IxxI

Smash Fence
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-fv2IsRoZhs

In that video, I'm counting four seconds from when you pull a 'nade out. Great match by the way...

Anyway, what is the easiest way to DACUS? I can hardly do it with C-Stick, and I've tried R/L but I use both of them to shield/airdodge, so that messes me up. I should probably just keep trying to get it with C Stick...what other buttons work for the 'smash' command? Z?
Dash> C-Stick down > Z-up

Panix

Smash Ace
Hey, Since I didn't want to make a whole thread over something pretty simple I'll just put it in the Q&A.

Did you know you can pick up snakes taunt box as snake (not sure as anyone else)

I was just playing a computer snake and after he killed me he taunted, and i went up to go grab him and instead i picked up the box and threw it.

This might be extremely old but I started cracking up when i found it out. lol

Q&A related.

whats the best characters to use mines against?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
whats the best characters to use mines against?
everyone :)

at least for me, mines work only if you predict a roll/attack or overwhelm someone with explosions (at the very least, their shield is reduced to nothing). keep them on platforms, and make sure you know when they're gonna go off by themselves.

SuSa

Yes, I knew you could pick up the box - not what I'd call common info.

Use mines against everyone but D3 (unless on a platform, so he can't CG you into it - it blows HIM up) and Falco - again, unless on platform.

Panix

Smash Ace
Yes, I knew you could pick up the box - not what I'd call common info.

Use mines against everyone but D3 (unless on a platform, so he can't CG you into it - it blows HIM up) and Falco - again, unless on platform.
I know everyone, obviously after a stock kill. but I mean people like IC have such easy ways of destroying Mines it really makes them look useless.

I know marth and MK are really usefull to use against. anyone im skipping?

BRANman

Smash Cadet
any suggestions when versing ike? im not good so most of it is me but i fail miserably when i brawl against an ike and theres no reason a snake should lose to ike ive heard. so if theres any suggestions. id like to hear them.
thanks

SuSa

@Panix

Ganon, Falcon, anyone without projectiles - or projectiles that are harder to blow up mines.

Plus even if they can blow them up easily, place them in stranger places.

@Branman

Camp with 'nades space with ftilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom