• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'm not too experienced with that matchup, but I'll try to help

they try to mindgame you the whole time because everything of yours > everything of theirs

I try to leave lots of mines and nades around to limit their running around

once you manage to get in close, if you can grab them before they run away its always a great option, jab and ftilt are faster than most of his moves and will clank or just straight go through them, utilt stops any aerial approach, he can get by your camping, so keeping on the move works well here, and past 30ish, don't utilt if you can help it so it can refresh for a kill later

oh, and watch out for his grab game, its dangerous, SDI down his downthrow and tech, you'll be able to attack him before the dthrow animation even ends (free ftilt)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If he SH and spins, don't expect him to follow up if he's within a 'small launch' distance! They can shield cancel that upon the ground, so if they see you shield they do so and grab you.

If he's far away and charging, try to get him with a well cooked grenade.

Leaves TONS of mines and C4 (OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE STAGE) and just camp him. Sonic has speed, but Snake can outcamp him even with that speed.

NEVER approach the Sonic unless he's off stage, or already used his spring.

Only use Utilt if you KNOW it will kill.

Pivot grab A LOT to punish any and all missed dairs, or mis-timed/spaced aerials.

Also Sonic can be pretty easy to stick in a lot of cases... >.>

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL, the sonic match-up. This is probably the one matchup that I have the most experience with. I play with X on a regular basis who is considered one of the top sonics- I even beat him in two sets of five in a tourney today :)

Anyways, I'm exhausted, and I have to drive to vegas tomorrow for SK92's tourney. So I won't be able to help out with this matchup till after the weekend.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Proper Glide Toss

This is a quick question for quick answer thread. My quick question is how do you glide toss PROPERLY or is there some comprehensive guide on it?

Thx

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
@Ixxi: college is too good

HD: Snake basically has no glide toss, he goes nowhere, learn to DACIT or something, or, y'know, forget about it :D

but to answer your question, I just roll and hit the c-stick at nearly the same time

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
This is a quick question for quick answer thread. My quick question is how do you glide toss PROPERLY or is there some comprehensive guide on it?

Thx
jump cancel throws......like suppose you wanted to glide toss backwards while throwing forward...with snake just run backwards....and as soon as u wanna throw it press jump then IMMEDIETLY press A and the other direction

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
are u kiddin me syx???

snakes glide toss is top TIERZ!!

anyways.

which way to DI out of mk's tornado and drill? (if ur caught in like the middle of the drill and samething for the tornado)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
@Ixxi: college is too good

HD: Snake basically has no glide toss, he goes nowhere, learn to DACIT or something, or, y'know, forget about it :D

but to answer your question, I just roll and hit the c-stick at nearly the same time
Snake has 2 good directions to glide toss in.

One of those directions is down.

Extra space > ftilt ftw

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I guess I tried to. It's hard to DI out of, and Snake is not good at DI'ing either. If you DI up and get out of it, you can try to hop and then drop a C4 and hopefully blow him up. I'm not sure what the best is, I try to avoid getting nado'd at all costs but if you do well, there are several options.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I SDI up out of the whorenado and jump (if it wasn't hit by a nade upon startup)

I DI whichever way is the opposite way to get out of the drill

those seem to work for me

@Candy, I didn't know Snake had a good JC throw, thanks XD

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
Uhhgg... I've got problems with people spamming moves what is the best way to deal with din's fire I try to jump to her but then I get usmashed and pwned.
Also what should I use from the air to ground transition.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Shield dins fire...

Mortar slide to close the distance, but not into her smashes.

Toss nades at her, you should be able to outcamp or at least camp evenly with here.

As far as getting to the ground.. Mix some stuff up. Hold a grenade, aerial as you land, airdodge as you land, drop a mine jump and detonate then fall through the safe zone created... This is one of the only areas that Snake doesn't do well in, just find how your opponent keeps you up there and use a counter to that.

Personally, I like to do a backwards grenade soft-toss thing, and jump and drop a mine...

IxxI

Smash Fence
With din's fire from a far distance a good thing to do is roll forward when it's close to you, the lag from the attack won't get you punished if your at a far enough distance.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Switch up the air-to-ground.

The other guy covered it but you can also do FF B-airs and U-airs as other alternatives too.

Edit:

Anyone bothered to make a video on Snake's chaingrab on Falco yet?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
How do you get snake to talk to his codecs with the Wii mote and nunchuck?
Down taunt real quick. Down taunt means the down arrow on the 'four-way directional pad thingy.'

It only works if you do it lightning quick but sometimes you won't get it. practise it to get it on the first attempt in a match lol

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
How do u make immediately grab the edge after running off the stage?
I think Vyse can explain this one for you

Vyse said:
- Speed Hugging (two methods)
How to Perform (method 1): Run toward the edge, then quarter-circle the joystick from Down to Back as soon as you walk off of the edge.
How to Perform: (method 2) Run/walk/roll to the very edge of the stage. Then, very quickly press diagonally down and away from the stage's center on the joystick. Easiest to do while facing into the stage's center, but can also be done easily while running if you press diagonally down-forward just as you reach the edge.
Effect: Character drops immediately off of the platform and sweet-spots the ledge.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Mkay, heres a situation:

Im marth up throwing snake at medium percent

I SHFF uair and snake air dodges

I grab again to reset situation, and Snake ground dodges. Im guessing its cuz im too late on the grab.

So heres the question: How many frames are there between air dodge->ground dodge that I can grab Snake on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom