• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 12 March 5th!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
IL is gunna **** at this
but just because you're IL does not necessarily mean you will ****
for instance, me

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm just realistic
I'm going to do well
but I will not cross the threshold into **** status
...maybe in teams :)

Tink

Smash Hero
we just like proving our superiority over other mw states =D....speaking of which...i think IL could get top 2 at an all state challenge...other then cali/mayyybe FL, il got thatt!

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
we just like proving our superiority over other mw states =D....speaking of which...i think IL could get top 2 at an all state challenge...other then cali/mayyybe FL, il got thatt!
top 2 .... :urg:

Nah, IL would do good though just not top 2. Cali/FL would have you guys easy and you can't forget AZ, MD/VA area (I forget who lives in which state), and then some of the Northern east coast (tri-state). So like top 5-8?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That makes me curious as to what the rest of the top 15-20 would look like (the rest don't really matter). I'll give it my best shot...

1. California
2. Florida
3. Arizona
4. New York
5. New Jersey
6. Illinois
7. MD/VA (everyone groups them together)
8. Texas
9. North Carolina
10. Michigan
11. Ohio
12. Georgia
13. Connecticut
14. Pennsylvania
15. Kansas
16. Indiana
17. Washington
18. Tennessee
19. Wisconsin
20. Massachusetts

Based on how I think each state would do if you were to take its top 5-6 players and do a crew battle with other states. Any other opinions on this?

new jersey?? eggm, tec0, stryc9...pretty good i guesssssssss

did you guys see stryc9 vs chops on waffles channel? so many fairs to dsmash lolol

falco.
Mew2King is back in New Jersey, that's why I put them so high. Might even be above New York now that I think about it.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
LOL at michigan so high. bias more? sorry you guys have no national level players. TX has darkrain doh xelic n more

also cali is just too ****. you could divide them into socal and norcal and they would still be tops

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
hmmm. NY has jman hax djn alu, prolly more i forgot, plus a ton of **** locals that we dont know about(alot prolly quit tho). but that zimmerman from cinnmason is 222 good

where is vanz from? that dude is legit.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
MD/VA was once top5, but no longer. Their best player is tope, though i am excited to see how well Azen does at pound.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
LOL at michigan so high. bias more? sorry you guys have no national level players. TX has darkrain doh xelic n more

also cali is just too ****. you could divide them into socal and norcal and they would still be tops
Doesn't matter, I'm basing the list off a hypothetical crew battle. Darkrain/DoH/Xelic could not do better than two-stock any of the top 5-6 MI players.

EDIT: But I did forget about Wobbles... so I'll move Texas up a few spots.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im actually fairly confident in the IL lineup vs that MDVA lineup.

not saying IL would win, but it would atleast be closer than everyone thinks.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think Dart would go to work on Chillin/Cyrain... then Tink would clean up whoever Dart didn't face... Deku would **** up Plank imo... and Tom would wreck ChuDat. Only player to worry about is Tope, and that job would be left for none other than Kels.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
chu dat would own tom. chu is still doing really really good at locals, he took a game from mango at p4, and hes got 5478239 tournaments under his belt. yeah.

chillin would own dart, but he might do good against cyrain. that dude(cyrain) randomly is good tho, he got like 13th at apex or something.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
And that is where I disagree. MD/VA's lineup would do considerably better in terms of placings at nationals, and they have more players who could potentially take games off players like Mango, but in a crew battle I think IL could easily pull it off with some proper counterpicking.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
well i think you underrate placing at nationals. imo its the best indicator of skills/nerves. we become biased from seeing all our MW players doing good in our own region, but none of IL's players have national experience, minus kels(p4/5) and soon to be dart. cosmo went to p4 but hes not very active recently. and that was before he played zelda. btw him placing better with zelda than marth still doesnt make sense to me :p

deku never has(i may be wrong), matt n tom went to herb3(and that wasn't even a national) i think but got scraped pretty bad, and tink hasnt gone to a national in years.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
chu dat would own tom. chu is still doing really really good at locals, he took a game from mango at p4, and hes got 5478239 tournaments under his belt. yeah.

chillin would own dart, but he might do good against cyrain. that dude(cyrain) randomly is good tho, he got like 13th at apex or something.
yeah this is true. cyrain is legit yo

and yeah i've never been to a national

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...seriously? i competed with all those ppl, AT THEIR PRIMESSS....chillin/tope/cyrain/chu/plank now -_-.....that wouldnt be as hard as it once was. chillin recently looked veryyy bad compared to where he was :/, same with chu to a lesser extent(hes been going to alot of melee tournies). point is, we would tap this.

im also confused why ppl think FL would do soooo well these days...they have like, 3 goood players in hbox/colbol/dashiawia(if he comes back)...after that, they are kinda mediocore :/.....they would prolly beat us, but i think it would be really close.

darkatma

Smash Hero
IL is a pretty good state.
like seriously, it's surprisingly good, way better than average states.

I'm the average player in California though.. that place is so stupid.
The last tourney i went to i placed higher than 2 people than i was worse than, placed the same as 2 people i was better than, and got ***** by the top 3

Michigan is pretty bad.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
IL is a pretty good state.
like seriously, it's surprisingly good, way better than average states.

I'm the average player in California though.. that place is so stupid.
The last tourney i went to i placed higher than 2 people than i was worse than, placed the same as 2 people i was better than, and got ***** by the top 3

Michigan is pretty bad.
I'm average in IL. Let's MM and settle this once and for all. 5$?

Top Bottom