• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmac

Smash Champion
ideal tournies use 32 or 64 man brackets ... assuming we dont go over 128 it'll totally work out the way we want it to, for a 64 man bracket

planks 6 man brackets top 3 make it out/48-man bracket could work too... in that you reward a 1 seed in a pool with a bye first round, but thats just crazy eastcoastyness

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'd imagine (not running it, so dunno for sure) that no matter how many people show up, they'll be seeding into a 64 man bracket with top 4 advancing from each of the 16 pools.
Pretty much. The number of pools should be a power of 2, so 16 is the best option. 24 pools would be doable but messy, and any other number would simply not work.
Last time, 124 people = 4 pools of 7 and 12 pools of 8. If we have between 128 and 144 people this time, that's 16 pools of 8-9 people, which is manageable. Any more than 144 (I sure hope not) would mean pools of 9-10.

64 people is a good size for the bracket. 32 would be rather small, and 48 would be kinda dumb because a quarter of the bracket would be byes. Advancing 4 out of 16 pools is the best way to get there, with 3 out of 24 at a distant second.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yo dew rag don't be discouraged, do your thing bro i already know this tourny is gunna be ****** and ran well
also reneblade moneymatch me?

Dopey

Smash Lord
hi andy..
.imcomin to this...
who wants to team for melee an brawl? i been playin...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
And before anyone asks, there will be no setups for any game other than Melee. We don't have room for it.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i'm shooting for 13th at this.

also, i request no bracket tampering please. the previous smym had several changes in the bracket last second

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
changes and re-seeding for fairness are definitely ok. but stuff like putting mango and m2k on the same side, with mango's entire pool(me henrik and rezo) was pretty messed up. and the rado bros almost played each other again in that bracket. when a "certain person" makes request, it should be done only if it's fair to others. you know what i'm talking about aob.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
hungrybox, teach me the way of the jiggs. I don't get the campy fox match up

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
if you can't beat josh's fox you should quit jiggs

lol jk
as of now, I'm playing mainly Falco/Peach/Marth/Falcon against his fox. I do good against all his other characters with jiggs but not campy foxs. T.T Still learning this stupid campy foxx match up

btw, Darkatma i wanna play ur peach. What tourney's are u going to go to soon?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lololol, ur marth is soo gay against spaceys. Still need to practice that too >.<
And we need more videos uploaded <.<

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Yeah sure, I'm no celebrity, ill play whoever wants to play me. (Especially Juggleguy, hes the awesome)

Samurai, Deku, Tomacawk, just come to peoria this weekend (even if you dont spend the night) and we can do our MM's then.

ALSO:

Hax vs TomR Plz.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Let me run some ideas by you guys. Lately we've been starting half the pools while the teams bracket is finishing up, and it has gotten messy.
What if we did teams pools, then singles pools (doing half of them at a time while giving the other half a food break), then teams bracket, then singles bracket? Better yet, we could do most of the teams bracket and then leave the last few rounds for the end of the night to be done alongside the last few rounds of the singles bracket.

Would top teams players be OK with that? It would be more organized that way.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Wont alot of the last standing people in singles be in teams too?
I could see that idea working perfectly or going terribly, terribly wrong.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yes. But the way we've been doing it, people who are still in teams end up sitting out their pool matches until they finish teams. I would like pools to be more organized this time.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i find it a little hard to switch from singles to doubles and vice versa, so id rather finish teams in one go and then switch modes

dont change anything on my account though

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Andy what's the average number of sets that are available usually?

maybe do singles pools and bracket first? that way there aren't as many people just waiting to do singles?
though I can see how this idea can be unfavorable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom