• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Alternatively, we could choose our first round of pools based on who is still in teams, i.e. if pool 1 has someone who's still in teams and pool 2 doesn't, pool 2 is part of the first round and pool 1 is part of the second. We should have been doing that anyway.

It's still messy to try to do pools during those last rounds of teams. I don't like doing it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
And its impossible to wait until teams are completely over to start singles due to time, right?

If thats the case, i think the best way would to just do singles pools while the last few rounds of teams is doing, even if its "messy"

BunBun

Smash Master
AOB, I think that the way you're trying to do it will get really messy and unorganized in such a large group of people. If there were only 40~, it would be fine, but when there are like 120 people that need to be fairly organized in going about their activities, trying to organize half for one event and half for another would be a nightmare for the TO's. Combine that with the fact that half the room will be in and out for lunch, and your megaphone won't even come close to being up for the job.

I think if we can get everything setup (TV's labeled, systems ready to go, people off friendlies) and start teams when we're supposed to, doing it the normal way (Doubles Pools >> Doubles Brackets, people can grab lunch up until like 30 minutes after doubles brackets are over), we can start singles promptly half an hour after doubles ends. This will only work if the TO's have all the pool sheets made, assign pool captains and set a definite cutoff for entry, all before singles starts. When you call for people to stfu and stop their matches so we can start singles, that means that EVERYTHING is done and in it's proper position. If we can get things rolling exactly half an hour after doubles, we'd be in good shape.

This, of course, means no johnsing around at Fat Sandwich.

Alternatively, (even though it's messy) start half of Singles pools at losers Semi's in teams. The majority of the people in those pools will already have had time to get lunch. If someone is left in teams still, they have time to grab lunch and come back to play everyone in a row in their pool.
As long as someone stays on top of this situation, it doesn't get terribly messy.

But ya, I'd prefer to finish teams before singles, but I understand that a lot of people suck at showing up to things on time.

Also, lol, Tec0 can't find a teammate =(

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Just for the record, switching from doubles to singles then back kinda sucks. I suggest we do all of doubles then all of singles, similar to how we have done it.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
andy just be ready to pull a plank and DQ anyone for holding up the tournament

then i will go punch them in the 1.stomach and 2.knee cap

BunBun

Smash Master
Matt, I'd pay to see it.

So, just so we can get a general count, who is bringing full setups. At absolute minimum, we'll need 16.

I have two, and two recording setups.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
we can start singles promptly half an hour after doubles ends.
Well, no. The last two times we have started singles pools during the last few rounds of teams, and we'll need to do that this time as well. In my last post, I was thinking about planning this out so that people who are still in teams don't have pool matches--something we should have been doing already.

Switching around the order of events seems unpopular, so let's scratch that.

16 setups would definitely not be enough. I'd like to see more like 24.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Ill have a recording set-up.

I'd like to point out that i was the first person to have Pound 4 vids uploaded and had bracket matches uploaded before the tourney was over.

/NerdFlex

4% APR

Smash Champion
Yea :( seems pretty hard haha.

Oh well since Hazz offered a MM I'm guessing he's goin. So anybody wanna team with me?

I still wanna team with you Vidjooooo =(
I dont think he ever checks smashboards so good luck lol. AIM is your best bet

ps-I'm excited to play the R bros :)

BunBun

Smash Master
Hey EVille + wiggins, Jayford and I will teams moneymatch any teams you guys can throw at us.

This applies to Eville people only, as we're going to do an old fashioned Eville vs Purdue battle =3

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
dude reneblade...team with me =P

no, but really... i need a teammate for this. Not sure if oranos wants to team with me >.<

Dopey

Smash Lord
vidjo sucks tec0, he jus a peach =p

i still needs a partner? =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom