• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
dude i can't beat newbs lol
like seriously, i play really well against good people, but i just can't beat newbs...i dont get it...i can't predict or read them and it's always really close but i just choke
i think im playing falco for newbs now >.> because i'm almost positive i can just gay them to victory

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I hear some hugeeeeeeee johns hahaha.

so you didnt make out of pools? what was your record and who did you play?
no johns here man that's a serious fact. I beat the 2nd seed 2-0 Dekline, a nebraska falco who got 9th in the tournament.
I lost0-2 to ripple, I lost 0-2 to JBM (I threw away game 1 with an sd and accidentally going off map at low % and being ledge guarded, then game 2 went falcon and got 4 stocked LOL), i lost 0-2 to blitz, some STL falco, and I beat the bottom seed 2-0.
edit-also i was 100% sober for singles
I think that is the real reason i got owned

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ pretty much

I don't think space will be an issue (it never has been), but if it becomes one we will relocate to the cafeteria.

Dart

Smash Lord
i'm so ready for this, ive finally realized what it will take to actually beat kels as long as he doesn't go ****ing pikachu ;)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i might be going to this... basicaly ride johns

no johns here man that's a serious fact. I beat the 2nd seed 2-0 Dekline, a nebraska falco who got 9th in the tournament.
I lost0-2 to ripple, I lost 0-2 to JBM (I threw away game 1 with an sd and accidentally going off map at low % and being ledge guarded, then game 2 went falcon and got 4 stocked LOL), i lost 0-2 to blitz, some STL falco, and I beat the bottom seed 2-0.
edit-also i was 100% sober for singles
I think that is the real reason i got owned
u should've just "powered-up" and put weed as ur tag.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
COD is a solid venue, underrated and overlooked.

i hope out of region dudes come to this, i wanna get some MM's or friendlies with you guys :-D

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I wonder what's considered top tier in D&D...

And question, should I come to this =P? Is the turnout looking good? Yes, it's one of THOSE posts ;) I'll probably come regardless...it's either this or a solid 2(omg so much!!!) hours of work...tough choice xD

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The turnout is looking pretty good, i believe most of the people posting here have previously posted saying they are coming.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok well if I DO come, I'm going to require some mad Falco/Sheik practice for my Falcon, and any character in general for my Sheik. Even Luigi...Black Panther's Luigi beats my Sheik everytime and I just don't know what to say to that....

I guess if it's fine to ask this right now, would anyone want to be my doubles partner? I should confirm my attendance by tomorrow or the next day me thinks.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Ok well if I DO come, I'm going to require some mad Falco/Sheik practice for my Falcon, and any character in general for my Sheik. Even Luigi...Black Panther's Luigi beats my Sheik everytime and I just don't know what to say to that....

I guess if it's fine to ask this right now, would anyone want to be my doubles partner? I should confirm my attendance by tomorrow or the next day me thinks.
will you take me to this if I meet you in peoria?
I cannot throw down gas $ though

Dart

Smash Lord
will you take me to this if I meet you in peoria?
I cannot throw down gas $ though
I was talking to dave and we were all thinking about riding the train to this...but if dave magically decides to drive im pretty sure we could all go same car.

BTW i need a teams partner who is confident they can go far, i'd prefer teaming with a fox, sheik, marth, peach player if at all possible.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Trains are hella inexpensive if done right I've learned O_O But eh, I dunno if I can drive all the way, I'll see what I can do. Gotta still pop the ? to the parents when they're in a less pissed off mood =P I really need to get some oil in my car as well as a rim from a junk yard or some **** for my spare tire, then I'm sure they'll allow me to go knowing that I'll be relatively safe if I get another flat ;P

ORLY

Smash Master
there are a lot of falcons coming to this! this is gonna be action-packed!

falcon only side tournament?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea, if we take the train, we need a ride from the chicago amtrak station to the tourney. Any takers?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Trains seem to be the least inexpensive and faster route honestly guys, so I say let's do that =P Btw, what station is Anthony looking at? If he's looking at Springfield, that's the opposite direction, so check the Galesburg one. Apparently it's only 45 minutes away according to my classmates and I'm pretty sure Galesburg is in the direction of Chicago.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yea, if we take the train, we need a ride from the chicago amtrak station to the tourney. Any takers?
i can't pick you up from chicago. If you took another train to the glen ellyn station (about 5 min from the venue) i can pick you up, but otherwise you should look for someone going through chicago to get ya.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lmao,

some bad news, I can't go... I have to go to a vietnamese ceremony in Wichita KS. ANd I'm prolly gonna play brawl <.<. Gay gay gay g a y

Top Bottom