• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Luke, if you guys go, would you have 2 spare spots for Josh and I? I'll pay for gas $ and I'm sure Josh would too.
you guys are not exactly on the way there. it isn't up to me, ask the driver.
and it's unlikely I can go to this anyway

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
yeah im prolly not going cuz we have a purdue tournament and a legendary player is supposed to show up...but ill let you guys know when we are for sure

sucks cuz i really wanted to play you guys. lack of tournaments over winter break was very disappoint

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....consistently huh? =) i could see if this was WC with tournies everyyy week....but false. ppl just making johns.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
its a metra station in glen ellyn. If you take the amtrak into the city, you can switch over to the metra.

Quaz

Smash Master
Im gonna come to like hang out and stuff I think? I dont get off work until 5 though, so I wont be able to enter singles because I wont be getting there until 6:30 or 7:00

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
to the peoria dudes, you have to take the train to chicago bc there are no stops for amtrak in glenn elyn. you have to overshoot the venue to get to chicago, then ride another train.

you're better off driving, IMO.

Dart

Smash Lord
to the peoria dudes, you have to take the train to chicago bc there are no stops for amtrak in glenn elyn. you have to overshoot the venue to get to chicago, then ride another train.

you're better off driving, IMO.
well two of us can't drive because of parent johns and the other is really bad with murphys law.

train it is.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Eh, from the looks of it, a train ride from Galesburg -> Chicago = $50 each, if we get the seats right now...but I'm not dishing out that much money just for a one way trip let alone two way....I'll see if I can drive...or is anyone going to be driving from the southern area of Illinois near Peoria-ish that'd have two seats available? We'll both dish out some gas money

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Blah, looks like our plan of going up there is nixxed unfortunately =( So Dart and I can't make it...*sigh* I had planned to go to 2 tourneys by the time SMYM came around so I'd have some experience with other playstyles but it appears I'm just going to have to come in afraiding of nothing.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'd honestly have came but Dart's momma is throwing up a red flag for him going and I don't really feel like train riding or car pooling solo so ehhhhhh =/

Tink

Smash Hero
rats i Mi again i THINKK...

also, u apparently havn't learned how to missinform your parents that you were going to a "camping trip" or some other school excuse or something and then go to the tourny....its called the trail special. learn it, love it!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Kind of off topic but....Tink, you still driving a white '96 Grand AM GT =P? They're pretty boss besides for when you're trying to go to Springfield Amtrak stations >=D

Dart

Smash Lord
rats i Mi again i THINKK...

also, u apparently havn't learned how to missinform your parents that you were going to a "camping trip" or some other school excuse or something and then go to the tourny....its called the trail special. learn it, love it!
I don't do camping and i take the train for two reasons. Smash, and my grandparents. since i can't go to my Gparents, she obviously would have known whats up. Trust me im top tier at lying to my mom but she okayed me going...and because i was late to school im now unallowed to go to this. So FML.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Point towards your knee and say that's why you were late to school. That or tell her she's being immature. I dunno if that will really work but if my child told me I was being immature I think I'd have to sit there and evaluate myself and the repercussions that may result from me not letting my child go to a Smash tournament or whatever else for that matter.

Brainstormin'

ORLY

Smash Master
Geez, I went a while without reading this and now it's full of johns.

On the other hand, I'll be taking first at this!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Hahahaha Chris I hope you mean with Bowser. It's impossible for falcon to win with Kels in these parts. Slow characters on the other hand, have a great shot. It's not like Kels can beat Ganon either.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i think it's time for us to quit making fun of kels...he is amazing even if he lost to a ****in ganon
i mean cmon, ganon?
i get it tho, i can't beat ganons either
also +1 for using bowser vs kels

Tink

Smash Hero
im sorry, but when your considered #1 in the MW, u get **** talked when u lose to a ganon...simple as that. it shouldnt be any other way.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
lol, i don't really care that kels lost to a ganon, but linguini lost right after to amsah. i hate when that happens. i woulda liked to seen kels vs brother amsah

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think i'm gonna change the venue fee bonus. Instead of going to whoever knocks out kels, its whoever knocks out Matt R (Tom if matt doesn't show, and Rat if neither show; if none of them show i'll just throw it in the air for the first grabber). I think thats a bit more interesting.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Get in a fight with someone and get forcefully kicked out. While being forcefully kicked out, request the money for knocking yourself out of the tournament.

I wish more people from my crew could come =(

Top Bottom