• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Frown

poekmon
is there anyway that the rep system si coming back just a question
The rep system turned into a system similar to the thumbs up/thumbs down on Youtube. In the end, reputation didn't really mean how good of a member a certain person was. That's why it was removed, and it will probably not return.

What's the maximum amount of letters you can do in a post?
The default value for this is 63,536 for vBulletin boards, but admins can also customize this. You'll have to ask someone with a gray name.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
The rep system turned into a system similar to the thumbs up/thumbs down on Youtube. In the end, reputation didn't really mean how good of a member a certain person was. That's why it was removed, and it will probably not return.
This is debatable.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Maybe, but if you take the con position you'll lose.
Thing is, even with a system like this, it can work.

Taking the Youtube experience for example: The channels I sub to happen to really let all kinds of discussion happen, and the only time some gets thumbed down is if you are spamming a discussion.

I would think cooler heads and good support would make this possible in this forum, but I could be wrong. Or perhaps right. Or both. :dizzy:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Idk maybe Im out of place, but I just see pros getting mad thumbs up on youtube for saying **** like "LOL"

can you say pole jockers?

I think it would be a good system but it isnt the type that can be self run, even with moderation it would be alot of work for alot less gain.

What did the rep system allow ppl to do exactly, Ive heard but I dont have any official knowledge?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The default value for this is 63,536 for vBulletin boards, but admins can also customize this. You'll have to ask someone with a gray name.
I think we use 10,000 chars.

What did the rep system allow ppl to do exactly, Ive heard but I dont have any official knowledge?
It let you click a box on the side of people's post which would let you give positive or negative rep and leave a small message. The more rep you had, the more you could affect other people. It ended up being abused to anonymously flame members (as the message didn't say who it was from), people would keep rep-spamming each other, then -rep bombing others.

flaco

The Terminator
ah so these is why screw yall all for screwing up the rep system lol another question is these board updated to the last version of vb boards?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I keep trying to change my avatar, but it won't let me. I've saved the image as a .png and a .jpg, and neither work. Any reason this could be?...

Resized version (100 x 100):

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
it's too big, you have to make it smaller.

i just tried using it and it told me it was too large.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
It did the same for me, but when I resized it, it still told me that it was "unable to save image."

Resized version above. ^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Was speaking with T-Block earlier, he's been having the same problem, so I tried to change mine. Same error message.

Posted in the Shack, will report back hopefully with some good news.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Any estimate on how long it'll take to fix this problem?
Hope it doesn't end up taking too long.....

kr3wman

Smash Master
I was wondering about it too.

I guess it's just some sort of bug or something.

Not being able to change avatars isn't that big of a deal but it's still meh.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Other than just changing the "new reply" buttons with an image in another language, I don't think there's anything posible that would translate an entire forum's posts into another language.

Well other than using this of course.

click here

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
all the avatars have gone black on me, and the search function doesn't work right now. Can someone link me to the Where The Wild Things Are thread in Media?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea, I just re uploaded

but My premium membership expired today and I have lost my custom title.

could somebody plz change it back to:

the Ascended One

M.K

Level 55
For the new Smashboards Mobile, there isn't an option to go from a thread back to a board, unless you went from board--> thread and just hit the back button. However, there are times when I just follow the thread from my subscribed and it gets confusing.

Can we add a button to Smashboards mobile that lets you go from thread --->back to board?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
How do you become a Mod on smashboards?

I've always wanted to know how people are just "promoted" as such.

What are the requirements?

Frown

poekmon
How do you become a Mod on smashboards?

I've always wanted to know how people are just "promoted" as such.

What are the requirements?
It's simple: Be a responsible member. You will get promoted when the staff knows that you are a helpful, well known member of a part of the forum.

But keep in mind that those who ask for a promotion rarely get it. Just wait and see what happens.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It's simple: Be a responsible member. You will get promoted when the staff knows that you are a helpful, well known member of a part of the forum.

But keep in mind that those who ask for a promotion rarely get it. Just wait and see what happens.
Then my plans of bribing administrators Is out the window then.:laugh:.

As much as Id love to be a mod,I can't see it ever happening.

Frown

poekmon
problem I canr see my avatar on top when u log in my friend also why?
That's because you don't have an avatar at the moment. After the avatar function crashed, I guess the staff had to remove all of them.

If you want a new one, just go to User CP -> Edit Avatar and upload a new one.

Top Bottom