• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I was reading the FAQ/Rules thread and noticed that atleast the Usergroups and Usertitles parts were out of date.

Just thought I'd note it.
P.S. In order for this post not to be completely off-topic, take it as a suggestion to update the info

Edit: Also the Premium Membership info is outdated.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks for the heads up Fin, I'll work on updating that later today

Frown

poekmon
What? We can? If so, that's the worst change since SWF was taken over by no I didn't mean to say that
Last edited by Major League Gaming; Today at 12:03 PM.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As said when you go to upload a custom avatar it says "No Animated gifs" Don't use them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hi, I was wondering if the staff here at SWF have ever considered creating a Twitter account? This way, you could update everyone on what's going on with the site, what to expect in the future etc.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hi, I was wondering if the staff here at SWF have ever considered creating a Twitter account? This way, you could update everyone on what's going on with the site, what to expect in the future etc.
That's what Announcements are for. Stuff has been happening at a snail's pace since MLG has taken over, I don't think Twitter would really be necessary.

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody explain how to play this "mafia" game going on in Forum Games? I don't get it and there's nowhere to ask in there.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I have a question for Smashboards, if I made a thread to talk about women, could you handle yourself? Could you all NOT post pictures and talk about things that will either get you banned/the thread locked, or both?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
CRASHiC, I feel like most people would be able to handle it, but then a few people would come in and ruin it. It only takes one person to get a thread locked. But I don't know, if you want to make it then why not go for it?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think he meant like what we would look for / relationships.

See some of his posts in the PokeCenter for example. Our responses were "normal" or whatever you wanna call it.

-Terywj

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I have a question for Smashboards, if I made a thread to talk about women, could you handle yourself? Could you all NOT post pictures and talk about things that will either get you banned/the thread locked, or both?
The majority would behave, but I have a feeling the thread would end up being locked after some form of Sammich/Kitchen jokes.
hey, so, since when could we use gifs for avatars?
Hahaha I read that as
hey, so, since when could we use girls for avatars?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Every time I attempt to upload a profile pic it says "unable to upload". It's been doing this for a few days. Any solution?

Edit: Fix this **** :mad:

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
For some reason whenever I try changing skins under options it doesn't change at all when I click save. And when I change it by scrolling down to the bottom of the page it changes, but then if I click a thread/post/whatever, it changes back to the skin I previously had.

Frown

poekmon
And when I change it by scrolling down to the bottom of the page it changes, but then if I click a thread/post/whatever, it changes back to the skin I previously had.
This happens to me when I sign out. Not sure what caused it, but it might be the addition of the mobile skin. Who knows? Probably an admin. Yeah.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Can there be an easier way to manage friend requests? Something like a simple accept/ignore option right from the user cp or something. lol.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
For some reason whenever I try changing skins under options it doesn't change at all when I click save. And when I change it by scrolling down to the bottom of the page it changes, but then if I click a thread/post/whatever, it changes back to the skin I previously had.
I should also note that I'm not able to log out for some reason.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i dont think a lot of people on these boards could handle that. plus there are a lot of girls on this site too.

D20

Smash Lord
i dont think a lot of people on these boards could handle that. plus there are a lot of girls on this site too.
Really? I find the people on these boards to be far more civil and understanding the majority of online communities. Although this is probably because many of us know each other in real life or could potentially meet each other at live tournaments and such.

Frown

poekmon
What exactly is the Back Room?
The back room you have heard of might be one of the following:

The back room
A private forum for SWF veterans and handpicked members. Very few people can get in here, and those who do get a little grimer icon in their postbit.

The Brawl/Melee backroom
A private forum for people experienced with tournament play. These guys discuss tier lists and official rulesets to be used in competitive play.

Please not that people who TRY to get into these two rooms usually don't. You simply have to be lucky and wait for your chance.

The Premium backroom
A private forum for people who donated to the site. The room has pretty much no moderation, and it's more of a forum with endless social threads than a forum with actual topics.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Every time I attempt to upload a profile pic it says "unable to upload". It's been doing this for a few days. Any solution?

Edit: Fix this **** :mad:
MLG needs to fix that I believe.

What browser are you using?

Can there be an easier way to manage friend requests? Something like a simple accept/ignore option right from the user cp or something. lol.
User CP -> Friends and Contacts ?

I should also note that I'm not able to log out for some reason.
Tried deleting your cookies?

oh god frown, not you too T_T

are we ever gonna get a vBulletin update?
Maybe.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
What's happening to all the mods?

I've seen Matt, Eor, and Umbreon all get super banned relatively recently. Is there some particular issue going on, or are these all just individual occurrences? (Sorry if it's none of my business.)

EDIT: @Exn: I've had the same problem before. For me, I just logged out, then logged back in and tried again and it worked.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
So they aren't distracted by this place, I assume

I'm sure they have their own personal reasons

Top Bottom