• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
This thread is for all questions relating directly to the forums. To ensure order, please observe the following rules when posting in this thread:
  • If you're posting a question please do a search. The Global Rules is also a good place to check. Finding the answer to a question that's already been asked is loads faster than waiting around for someone to respond.

• Limit yourselves to questions relating directly to the forum itself. If you can't figure out how to do something on the forum, or if you think something about the forum should be changed, post what you have to say here. Don't post asking for advice. Also, do not post about anything related to users or moderators (this includes "why was I warned" or "why was my thread closed"). Most of these cases should be dealt with in the Staff Announcements & User Feedback's subforums, Help From a Smashboards Moderator or Help From a Smashboards Admin, or by starting a conversation with the moderator who warned/closed your thread.

• In order to avoid confusion, only forum leaders should answer questions -- answer only if you are absolutely certain of your answer. Suggestions can be posted in the Staff Announcements & User Feedback forum.

• Please avoid idle discussion. This thread should be more of a repository for questions and suggestions than a discussion.

• Be civil and respectful. This will result in civil and respectful replies, and will make it more likely that any new ideas you suggest will be more thoroughly considered.
Thanks. Hopefully we'll be able to take questions from this thread and incorporate them into our FAQ so that new members will more easily find answers to their questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Kirby King said:
Please observe the following rules when posting in this thread:
  • Please make sure your question/suggestion is in bold. This makes it easier for us to know what it is you want us to address.
Question isn't in bold.

• Please do not post your signature in this thread. If you're using quick reply your signature should be disabled by default. If not, make sure that you uncheck "Show your signature" under miscellaneous options before you submit your post.
You posted your signature.

• Limit yourselves to questions and suggestions relating directly to the forum itself. If you can't figure out how to do something on the forum, or if you think something about the forum should be changed, post what you have to say here. Don't post asking for advice. Also, do not post about anything related to users or moderators (this includes "why was I warned" or "why was my thread closed"). Most of these cases should be dealt with in Forum Disputes.
Doesn't relate directly towards the forum. Also, your question would be better suited to being posted in Forum Disputes.

Please everyone, read and follow the rules when posting in this topic.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
What happened to the Forum games section?

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Riciardos said:
What happened to the Forum games section?
Storms and Bailey69 we're pissed off cause Bahamut banned G$$$ so they started this horrible forum games spam diaster. Now that they are banned the mods shut down forum games to the members till they finish cleaning up all the spam. Some people say it will take 2-3 days till Forum games is accessable again but I don't know.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Give it another day or two. Forum Games is clean, but we're discussing whether or not to make FG like Meet & Greet, where posting doesn't increase your post count. That will (hopefully) decrease the quantity of spam there.

FireKP1:
Kirby King said:
In order to avoid confusion, only forum leaders should answer questions. Unless you have a new question or suggestion, please do not post. (If a suggestion is well received, we can create a new thread polling for support for an idea; there's no need to make a post agreeing with an idea.)
Thanks.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
It really should be like Meet & Greet, with no post counts. That would really cover up alot of spammers.
But thanks for informing me. :D

ak47

Smash Journeyman
um how do figure out how ggod u r with a character if u fight people who use basicly one combo

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The guideline for this topic didn't really seem that complicated to me.

ak, this topic is for questions about the forum, not your Smash playing ability.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Could you guys PLEASE increase the number of posts per page options available under User CP?

Zenith

Smash Ace
Another question,
I have an image on my computer, how do I make it my sig?

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Under profile, there should be a combo box for selecting which Smash Character you play as.

I don't like doing doing this, but it's seems like it's just getting ignored. I'd be happy with just a "Go away Mud Buddha, no one cares".

Could you guys PLEASE increase the number of posts per page options available under User CP?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mud Buddha said:
There might not even be that kind of option on our version of vB. I don't know, but it's probably not that easy.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I'm going to say probably not (to the request), because I don't know why you'd need more than 40 posts per page. The main concern I would think is that even if you want to read only one post the server still has to send up to (x-1) posts more that you're not going to read. Seems pretty pointless to me, and I think whatever benefits there might be in going beyond 40 would outweigh the advantages.

We can consider the "main Smash character" thing if you really want it.

We have an F-Zero room because it goes along with F-Zero World, which is a network site. We don't have a Mario Kart site and thus do not have a Mario Kart room either. We've discussed the idea of making it before but we're not planning on it or anything.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Kirby King said:
I'm going to say probably not (to the request), because I don't know why you'd need more than 40 posts per page. The main concern I would think is that even if you want to read only one post the server still has to send up to (x-1) posts more that you're not going to read. Seems pretty pointless to me, and I think whatever benefits there might be in going beyond 40 would outweigh the advantages.

We can consider the "main Smash character" thing if you really want it.
I only really want it out of preference. I find it makes reading larger threads a lot easier, the bandwidth wouldn't really be much of an issue, because the actual text of a post doesn't take up much space anyway, and if it were only a few people using it, then the actual effect wouldn't be that drastic. I mean, all it would take, if Gideon didn't know how to do it, would be a quick post in the vBulletin forums, to ask for a bit of code.

But anyway, so that it doesn't seem like I'm being needlessly argumentative: Yes, I'd really appreciate, and I think a lot of other people would too, the main character profile option.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only Moderators and Premium Members can make Polls.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Can we make it possible to edit PM's?

I think it would be good for the same reasons we allow editing of posts. If you see something a few minutes later that you wish to change, you can. Unless, this is impossible to do for some reason.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
It's impossible to do.

Well, impossible in the terms that you are I would like to see it. I suppose you could, but it would be very insecure.

edit: Crap, sorry guys.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'll cover the Debate Hall. Apply in the User CP and IM/PM me. That's all we have right now, but it works for the time being.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just to clarify, buying Emerald membership does not get you the username change, am I correct?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guess I'll splurge for the whole shebang then.

Edit: hellz yeah.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
I believe for new avatars you should add some more characters from SSBM as screenshots.

I have heard around from the staff that new avatars were being considered, and I thought it may be a good addition to add some more character screenshots from SSBM as possible avatars, as their aren't many. Maybe a few coul dbe added for common characters as avatars available from registration, and better ones for the higher posts sets of avatars.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's something I've been miffed about for a long time. When I search for say, "Mushroom" in the search box, topics pop up with 100's of pages. Is there a way to say, highlight the page number the word is on or something hax like that?

Edit: Ah, there it is. Minus 10 for me.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You can set your search parameters to show up as "posts" instead of "threads." When you do that, the results will show up as individual posts.

.wonk

Smash Cadet
Is there or can there be a system where members can make avatars to be added to the gallery? I am a pretty good graphics artist myself, and I think a system like this would be a great addition to the the site.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
KudarMubat15 said:
Is there or can there be a system where members can make avatars to be added to the gallery? I am a pretty good graphics artist myself, and I think a system like this would be a great addition to the the site.
Toomin said:
When we are ready to add more avatars, we'll likely make a submission topic.
There you go.

Top Bottom