• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have a question. Why can't I post messages with my phone anymore. I mean I can log in, but messaging is a big no no with it. I see the text box but I cant put nothing in it. Any reason why that has happened? And if there is a reason, any way you can make it that I can put in messages again? I don't have internet and I rarely get to a computer anymore. The only salvation I have for this site is my phone

Frown

poekmon
Ok, you might have to click "Go advanced" and look for the A symbols in the upper right corner of the text box. If the text field gets a lighter gray shade, you should be able to type. Let me know if it doesn't work.

edit: Here

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
[bold]Why is it that sub forums sometimes stay lit up even if there are no new replies?[/bold] I think I figured it out once, but I forgot.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Is it possible to get the "Last Post" column into the "You are member of the following groups" part on the Social Groups page? (Asking for both, whether it is already possible somehow, or would it be possible for the staff to add it)

Would make it easier to see which ones have new posts. Right now one either has to skrim through the Available Groups section, or open the groups in tabs and check them one by one.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Why are there so many spambots/adbots floating around? I mean, I'm pretty sure there were 2-3 threads in GBD alone advertising media converters.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Those options aren't for the thread, but for what the user can do. For example what I see below isn't the rules of this thread, it's what I personally can do in the thread.

Frown

poekmon
Why is it that I can't multi-quote posts anymore? Also, I can't put in smileys or have access to any advanced features...
Go to http://www.smashboards.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Go down to the second last option, "Message Editor Interface".

Make sure it isn't set to "Basic Editor".

As for the multiquotes, check if there's a line of text beneath the advanced post box saying "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.". If it's there, your multiquotes have been saved for later.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, I have a couple of suggestions, both of which I could probably contribute to myself.

Suggestion: A general SWF troubleshooting thread. It could answer lots of commonly asked questions about basic things such as "why did my sig cut off" or "how do I add images to my post" etc.

Suggestion: It would be kind of interesting to have an SWF history thread. It would just be something to add flavor to the site. Maybe it would be something optional for new members to read. It could include some of the more important/funny/standout events or members in SWF history.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Multiquote and all that other stuff is working fine for me.

What happens when you try to do that stuff?
Go to http://www.smashboards.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Go down to the second last option, "Message Editor Interface".

Make sure it isn't set to "Basic Editor".

As for the multiquotes, check if there's a line of text beneath the advanced post box saying "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.". If it's there, your multiquotes have been saved for later.
Never mind this, got my formatting to work finally. Thanks though.

Frown

poekmon
Suggestion: A general SWF troubleshooting thread. It could answer lots of commonly asked questions about basic things such as "why did my sig cut off" or "how do I add images to my post" etc.
We are getting this. A new forum called User Q&A will be opened where the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee and SMods will be able to answer questions. User Q&A will work like Forum Support, which means you will only be able to see your own threads.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As for that last one, if you or someone else wants to go ahead and write something up like that, that''d be pretty **** awesome.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
curios, I probably should ask in the premium membership thread but I dont have it subscribed.

What happens if you have more than the normal inbox can hold and your p. membership expires.

Do u lose messages or does it just stay become over full such as 112% full.

Frown

poekmon
curios, I probably should ask in the premium membership thread but I dont have it subscribed.

What happens if you have more than the normal inbox can hold and your p. membership expires.

Do u lose messages or does it just stay become over full such as 112% full.
You won't be able to send or receive PMs until you have less than 70.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
We are getting this. A new forum called User Q&A will be opened where the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee and SMods will be able to answer questions. User Q&A will work like Forum Support, which means you will only be able to see your own threads.
Well the point would be just a list of common things so people don't just ask the same 10 questions over and over and over. Since you're already making a Q&A, I would suggest having a short FAQ in it that could help cut down on repetition of that sort.

As for that last one, if you or someone else wants to go ahead and write something up like that, that''d be pretty **** awesome.
Cool; would it go in Meet & Greet or Pool Room?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Frown correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Heartz' guide will serve that function.

Top Bottom