• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Is there any specific sort of application you have to go through to be part of the welcoming committee in the Forum Guides + User QA room?

I'd love to apply/be a part of it if possible.

flaco

The Terminator
We used to, yeeeears back, have a thing where if it was your birthday a little cake icon appeared under your avatar. But this was way back, before we went to VB. No idea if it's possible now, and if it was I'd wager it requires server access.

The same way infractions and temp bans expire.

We can see who reports what, but usually we don't tell people. There's simply no need for it.

I would say in that instance it would be fine, so long as it isn't then done in a "wise guy" way. No calling people "richards" and then defending it by saying you mean that they were being like gumshoe.
ah cuz that could ignite and argument online correct?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Do you guys plan on preserving Pliskin's thread?

I really think this is an important thread for new members to automatically get to know some things that people are throwing around here.

I'm completely serious with this, I doubt anyone here wants that thread gone.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
PRobably because the place doesn't need one.

If someone reports a post an Smod can just take care of it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Really? I never saw anyone (or a big amount of people) complaining. Usually these people switch to the other skins. The posts look so grotesque with the smaller postbit info and such.
Very much agreed - the font size has been changed for the worse.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Jungle: I think he knows that, he's just curious as to why we can't all view the forum, as am I.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
He's part of the FAQ team that will be working in forum guides + Q&A when it goes live.
It's not up yet, though.

Couple days, maybe a week, we'll have it up shortly.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Do you guys plan on preserving Pliskin's thread?

I really think this is an important thread for new members to automatically get to know some things that people are throwing around here.

I'm completely serious with this, I doubt anyone here wants that thread gone.
Not sure, but something that good would probably be saved.

Why are there no moderators for the Melee 1 Player Mode room?
Not sure, probably something we overlooked. As said though if anything gets reported, Smods can deal with those.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Is it possible to change the setting where after so long I sign out for my profile? I generally make very long post and am searching for examples or am crunching numbers for pokemon related things, and it can be frustrating when at the end of that post I see everything is marked as read.
Or is this not changeable on a person to person basis, and as a global universal setting?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Each are different

Some are invite only. And each of those have their own requirements that warrant an invite.

Tournament directors just need to host a tournament then to apply for the user group

Debaters need to go through the Proving Ground process and prove themselves as worthy to post in the real debate hall.

Frown

poekmon
What are the requirements for joining usergroups?
Moderator: Don't ask for it. Be responsible and try not to get any infractions.

BRoomer: Be a cool person. They rarely let people join nowadays, but keep being active for a long time and you might get in.

Tournament Director: Host a tournament and give mic a link to the thread dedicated to the tourney.

Smash debater: You can get the "temp debater" status to show your debating skills. If the debate hall thinks you're worthy of the title, you'll become a Smash Debater.

SBR member: Prove that you know a lot about the current Brawl metagame or Melee metagame. You need a lot of tournament experience to get in here.

Premium member: Donate at least 3 dollars to Smashboards using PayPal.

Smash Writer: Place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a Write With Your Power contest or 1st in a Nano Write With Your Power contest.

Pokémon Researcher: Prove that you know a lot about competitive Pokémon and that you can contribute to strategy guides involving the games.

Smash researcher: Prove that you have very deep knowledge in the mechanics of Brawl. Contribute to guides that can help people get better on a higher level by discovering techniques.

Smash Workshop BRoomer: Prove that you know a lot about the Brawl+ scene and that you can develop the game further.

Welcoming committee: Be friendly.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
For some reason, it feels like I can't put as much as I used to be able to in my Location (what I have right now is around the maximum it lets me type). I'm probably wrong, but maybe one of you guys could check that for me?

Or is this the amount everyone is restricted to?.....

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

BRoomer: Be a cool person. They rarely let people join nowadays, but keep being active for a long time and you might get in.

Tournament Director: Host a tournament and give mic a link to the thread dedicated to the tourney.

Smash debater: You can get the "temp debater" status to show your debating skills. If the debate hall thinks you're worthy of the title, you'll become a Smash Debater.

SBR member: Prove that you know a lot about the current Brawl metagame or Melee metagame. You need a lot of tournament experience to get in here.

Smash Writer: Place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a Write With Your Power contest or 1st in a Nano Write With Your Power contest.

Pokémon Researcher: Prove that you know a lot about competitive Pokémon and that you can contribute to strategy guides involving the games.

Smash researcher: Prove that you have very deep knowledge in the mechanics of Brawl. Contribute to guides that can help people get better on a higher level by discovering techniques.

Smash Workshop BRoomer: Prove that you know a lot about the Brawl+ scene and that you can develop the game further.

Well, it seems that someone took a line from my book with my Meet & Greets.

And as for the IBWC requirement, well...*stops here to avoid bloodshed.*

I have a question for the tourney director managers: I have heard that admission into this group isn't always immediate; viz. someone runs a tourney, they apply, and they don't get in. Is that true?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think we'll need more than 7 tbh, since staff is free to answer questions and whatnot [IF THEY KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER :mad:]

TO status isn't always immediate, we only have one person working on it and they can't really be on call all day every day lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, I like to have a life sometimes. Just because you may not have one....;)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
This might've been given before, but for the character emoticons, I think it'd be cool to have more than their default colour.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Would it be against rules to make a thread about Burning Man?

Burning man doesn't have to necessiarly have anything to do with:
nudity
sex
drugs
alchol

regardless of what people do there. Would making a thread about the event be breaking global rules if none of these are mentioned since these are not the purpose of Burning Man?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

Or be Lythium

Or do something involving writing that has to do with Smash (TwentyTwo and Ryusuta are Writers because of the interviews that they do/did)

This thing is dead, just forget about it.

Added in a couple other things.

Top Bottom