• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Without question, but it'd be no different than sharing an inappropriate photo through posts in the group or a visitor wall.

If it wouldn't be too much difficulty, you could always add a report option etc to the albums, if that's not already an option.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
That'd be a cool idea. I kind of have faith that the people of SWF wont post anything too bad... the worst would probably only be copyright infringements.

If it was created with a mod and a rule set for it I think that it would be really useful, helpful, and safe.

Just my two cents...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Not that it's relevant to anything, but can mod's see what's being censored by the....censor?

Smash Journeyman
What's up with this awful font size change? Is there anyway we can change it back to normal in our settings?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
What's up with this awful font size change? Is there anyway we can change it back to normal in our settings?
Did you try holding Ctrl and scrolling your mouse wheel? (up for smaller and down for bigger)

Because the font size hasn't changed for me (Using Classic Blue, don't know if the "change" is for another skin) and I think that you just accidentally changed it yourself.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I think it changed because people were *****ing about the small font size in revo.

dunno though.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Who was?

With all the skin issues yesterday the font size probably just went back to default? This size is too big for Revo's 800x600.

Is the change official?

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I cannot get used to this change. If JV can't read anything on smashboards then he should stop sitting so close to the TV when he plays halo.

Smash Journeyman
That's like writing a letter to Santa Clause.

How about you do it.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Because it has a better effect when the actual people of SWF tell him that there's a problem instead of just me doing it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I enlarged the the post font in revolution because most people found it too small.
Really? I never saw anyone (or a big amount of people) complaining. Usually these people switch to the other skins. The posts look so grotesque with the smaller postbit info and such.
Well I guesss I'll get used to it. Bye bye super minimalism :(

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I re-adjusted it again. The original size was 11px, and it's now at 12px. it was briefly at 13px, which may have been a bit of an overshoot : )

Smash Journeyman
Can you make an update so that we can edit ourselves like how we can edit the post bit? I really prefer the old one. :[

Btw, Im seeing a lot more people complain about the font size now than before which I never saw once.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
they could have at least put it in a different position or something. I know it's been said before but, having it where it is makes it look like smashboards has a big forehead. x.x

Cia

das kwl
Can we have a character specific forum for Brawl+? With the way it's set up in the Workshop area, each character only gets its own thread, and it's not really enough =/

flaco

The Terminator
i got a question if you drunk right and you do something that your not suppose too and you get banned would you be able to unbanned that account?

Smash Journeyman
I know wikipedia was randomly un-super banned once. I don't know why though.

Btw azua I sent a PM to JV about all the stuff he can do to improve smashboards. Hopefully I get a response in some way whether it's getting a PM sent to me, or something on the list actually getting done. If not then I am standing by my theory that PMing JV is like writing a letter to Santa Clause.

debuall

Smash Rookie
hey ive got a suggestion for those smash rookie, smash cadet... things that im not expecting to be put in, but consider it.

1) Smash Recruit
2) Smash Private
3) Smash Lieutenant
4) Smash Corporal
5) Smash Captain
6) Smash Sergeant
7) Smash Colonel
8) Smash Brigadier
9) Smash General
10) Smash Major

I know that there is only 7 of the already available tags, so ive left out some to make 7 tags here.

1) Smash Private
2) Smash Lieutenant
3) Smash Corporal
4) Smash Sergeant
5) Smash Colonel
6) Smash General
7) Smash Major

I personally think that these are the best tags out of the 10 above.
please tell me what you think about this

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
They literalyl just changed the titles, I don't foresee them changing them again anytime soon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i got a question if you drunk right and you do something that your not suppose too and you get banned would you be able to unbanned that account?
Think of it as driving a car. If you run someone over when drunk and lose your license, you aren't going to be getting it back just because you're now sober. If you can't post well when drunk, log off when you drink.

Why did you start putting ads up in the Smash Blue? The reason why I chose it was because of the sigs and the lack of ads
Smash blue (And classic blue?) were unintentionally not showing. Amo fixed that up, and with future plans, it won't just be "random google advert" appearing but something more interesting to competitive smashers.

Why can't I use size and font BBcode in social groups?
Because we need that VB upgrade :urg:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
What Twoods said would be pretty cool.

IDK though, I'd rather not have this turn into AiB. Even though I'm only on here to chat with people and mess around, this should still stay more smash oriented, since it is SWF after all. Even though the birthday thing is just one thing, if that went through then I foresee people wanting more social networking stuff, which might be bad for the credibility of this site. It'd just be like AiB then, and I don't think any of us really want that.

flaco

The Terminator
Think of it as driving a car. If you run someone over when drunk and lose your license, you aren't going to be getting it back just because you're now sober. If you can't post well when drunk, log off when you drink.

Smash blue (And classic blue?) were unintentionally not showing. Amo fixed that up, and with future plans, it won't just be "random google advert" appearing but something more interesting to competitive smashers.

Because we need that VB upgrade :urg:
you do realize that you will get your license in back in time in my state you will get it back so would you be able to get your account back?

another question

When you click the report and your report that poster is it right for the moderator to tell that person that I report to tel lhim i reported him?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't think that was the point that mic was trying to make. >_>

I think he was trying to say you are accountable for any bannable actions that you do while you are under the influence.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is kind of an odd question, but here goes:

Is it against the Global Rules to dodge the censor for...the nickname for "Richard" if you are clearly using it as a reference to someone's real name?

Obviously just saying "Oh, hey there *Name*." in conversation because you want to avoid infraction for dodging the censor wouldn't be acceptable, but if I'm, say, referring to the Phoenix Wright character Gumshoe, whose first name is that, would it be okay to dodge the censor in order to be able to refer to him by name? Or should I just imply it/find another way to express his name?

On one hand, it's dodging the censor...on the other hand, it's a perfectly legitimate use of the word being censored and there is really no other way to express it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A completely unimportant suggestion:

I think it would be interesting if we had some sort of birthday alert thing to alert you to the... birthdays of your friends.

Just throwing that out there, since I always miss birthdays.

:urg:
We used to, yeeeears back, have a thing where if it was your birthday a little cake icon appeared under your avatar. But this was way back, before we went to VB. No idea if it's possible now, and if it was I'd wager it requires server access.

you do realize that you will get your license in back in time in my state you will get it back so would you be able to get your account back?
The same way infractions and temp bans expire.

When you click the report and your report that poster is it right for the moderator to tell that person that I report to tel lhim i reported him?
We can see who reports what, but usually we don't tell people. There's simply no need for it.

This is kind of an odd question, but here goes:

Is it against the Global Rules to dodge the censor for...the nickname for "Richard" if you are clearly using it as a reference to someone's real name?

Obviously just saying "Oh, hey there *Name*." in conversation because you want to avoid infraction for dodging the censor wouldn't be acceptable, but if I'm, say, referring to the Phoenix Wright character Gumshoe, whose first name is that, would it be okay to dodge the censor in order to be able to refer to him by name? Or should I just imply it/find another way to express his name?

On one hand, it's dodging the censor...on the other hand, it's a perfectly legitimate use of the word being censored and there is really no other way to express it.
I would say in that instance it would be fine, so long as it isn't then done in a "wise guy" way. No calling people "richards" and then defending it by saying you mean that they were being like gumshoe.

Top Bottom