• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Promite and Marmite are what mongrels eat.

Roacher, as far as I'm aware there aren't any requirements to use any of the forum skins, with the exception of one that's still being bug tested (reffered to many as the "mod skin"
Tito eats vegemite.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Is there any way for the ignore feature to have the optional feature to not have the huge warning like "_____ has posted"? It's pretty much like you don't even have them on ignore.

Smash Journeyman
1. What's up with the broken links at the bottom of the page?
2. How do you get the cyborg skin?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whats the diff between the SBR [green] and the new sbr-melee/brawl
Green names are not the SBR, they're just 'BRoomers' with access to the Back Room. It's just a hangout for good posters and old people.

SBR-B members tote purple names, and SBR-M members have no user color, just a title.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Green names are not the SBR, they're just 'BRoomers' with access to the Back Room. It's just a hangout for good posters and old people.

SBR-B members tote purple names, and SBR-M members have no user color, just a title.
Oh ok thanks, I was still in the mindset that everything here was about smash but there are other topics as well.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. What's up with the broken links at the bottom of the page?
2. How do you get the cyborg skin?
1. No idea. Can you post what those links are?
2. You can't. It was removed ages back after a forum upgrade.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I'm not exactly sure if this is the place for this.. but I need help restoring my computer to factory defaults. It's an emachines 1200-06w (shutup).. I don't have the disc to restore it, but I've done it before without it. Before emachines decided they want to CHARGE for customer service! (ARGH! why!?!) It has something to do with the function keys. I'm not exactly computer savvy if you haven't noticed.. thanks in advance.

Smash Journeyman
1. No idea. Can you post what those links are?
2. You can't. It was removed ages back after a forum upgrade.
At the bottom of each page where it says "Partners", some of the links won't load and normally cause my computer to freeze. Actually the only one that really works is the smash wiki one.

Also I have another question, I heard a while back that Amorasaki was working on a mobile version on smashboards. Is there any more news on that?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
When you type a link, if you have automatically parsing on, it will automatically make it a clickable link by adding the url tags around it.

No tags:
http://www.google.com

With tags:
http://www.google.com

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
This prolly has been asked before, but are any new skins possibly in the making? Three options (four for Mods, I guess) isn't that many. ;)

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea is there a moblie version of this site comming out, i hate having to navagate such small links on my iphone, a mobile version would be great

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not exactly sure if this is the place for this.. but I need help restoring my computer to factory defaults. It's an emachines 1200-06w (shutup).. I don't have the disc to restore it, but I've done it before without it. Before emachines decided they want to CHARGE for customer service! (ARGH! why!?!) It has something to do with the function keys. I'm not exactly computer savvy if you haven't noticed.. thanks in advance.
Try making athread in the computer cafe, someone should be able to help you there.

At the bottom of each page where it says "Partners", some of the links won't load and normally cause my computer to freeze. Actually the only one that really works is the smash wiki one.
Not sure why they'd freeze, but I'd assume because the things in the "partners" were hosted on the old SWF servers (pre-mlg merger), plus those things were ancient. I don't think any were used anymore anyway.

Also I have another question, I heard a while back that Amorasaki was working on a mobile version on smashboards. Is there any more news on that?
This prolly has been asked before, but are any new skins possibly in the making? Three options (four for Mods, I guess) isn't that many. ;)
Not sure. I'll ask Amo and find out what was happening with the mobile skin. And for other skins, probably won't get more at least until SWF gets that upgrade.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In regards to a skin for mobiles

Amorasaki said:
I stopped working on it a little while back. Really all I'd done was strip down the smash blue style a bit.

It still would need some significant changes, and probably a fair amount of discussion about what people want and don't want in a mobile version of Smashboards. Forums have lots of different features and functions compared to an average website, and it certainly needs a little bit of theory and a little bit of research to strike a balance between simplicity and functionality.

But since interest seems to be picking up, I'm sure more time will be spent on it.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Suggestion

I think their should be a room for Hypothetical Game Topics. It could be a sub-forum of the Light House, and since the Light House has specific rules against them, there's really no place to discuss them, other than LoZ games in the LoZ forum.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, you caught it before i made the announcement :p

as for hypothetical games, i'll have to think about it.
it really does have potential for lots of discussion, but the rule base for it would be pretty strange
not to mention we have 123094872395872958729438713098127304128957103847102837132q rooms already :[

i'll get back to you

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's liek a scavenger hunt..

*hunts names*

Whatever happened to the idea of having like a different subforum for school stuff?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Never really got off the ground. I need about 16 arms to do all the crap I'm supposed to be doing right now :\

not really under-staffed, i'm just overzealous

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Explains why someone had smash cadet. I was like: When did I have that? How do you get smash hero though? Anyways it kinda bugs me that Ill lose the title of smash ace someday. I was thinking how bout when you reach smash lord an option is unlocked for changing your title to any previous one...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
as for hypothetical games, i'll have to think about it.
it really does have potential for lots of discussion, but the rule base for it would be pretty strange
not to mention we have 123094872395872958729438713098127304128957103847102837132q rooms already :[

i'll get back to you
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Thanks for considering it, I hope it goes through. :)

D13

Smash Ace
Question

Is there anyway you can delete old posts from your VM wall completely? Its nothing important, I just have major OCD about cleaning things up.
I've asked this once before. After some forum tweaking, Queen Killjoy determined that there is no way to give regular members the ability to completely delete messages. :[

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There is something bothering me about social groups. First... well maybe this is my fault but in one of my social groups I gave up on it months ago and people joined after. Months after people ACTUALLY joined and then it became dead...... and I didnt notice. A notification would be nice that people joined.... or another would be is that I made a group with some friends and optional notification that they posted would be nice

Frown

poekmon
If you go to the list of social groups and scroll down, you can see the most recent groups that had comments.

But yeah, I want a more convenient social group system as well.

Smash Journeyman
What happened to the MBR archive?

Why do MBR members have purple names now?

Why do you guys make so many updates without even announcing them?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Is there a way to set a default font/color for your posts??

Thanks.
I think the tech team would have to install a plugin for it...so probably not.

What happened to the MBR archive?
Considering it's an "archive," we moved it off of the main page. You can still access it through the URL.

Why do MBR members have purple names now?
Because they're SSB BRoomers...

Why do you guys make so many updates without even announcing them?[/B]
Because they're minor updates?

Top Bottom