• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Azua, I don't understand how you understood that. Unless you just figured linking that would be appropriate. XD

Anyways uh Azua, I switched to smash blue a few weeks ago and I recently noticed how there's a quick link to open a window to see your friends online. I don't know about classic blue but when you use revolution I don't think you have that option. o.o

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Well yeah, what else is the point of having different skins besides color changes? lol

[Classic Blue or **** you]

Chaco

Never Logs In
A change of scenery is always nice.

[That skin is murder on the eyes, and you know it]

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You could try using a thread that isn't meant for forum-related questions only for starters.

flaco

The Terminator
we have a problem

I keep getting these error

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
It's still there, I just made it closed and hidden since people kept spamming in it even though it was supposed to be closed on the 11th.

Someone can ask a supermod to move the appropriate threads.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Can we get a separate Subforum either in, or next to the Smash Workshop for Character Creation with Project Smash Attacks? PSA threads are already filling up around nine threads, and that's with a lot of people trying to contain in a few, to not clog the board.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Social Groups die too quickly. Isn't there some way to make them more active, like the ability to Subscribe to them?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
We've answered this like 8 times. We have to get updates first, and no, we don't know when we'll get them. That's up to MLG.

As for the Workshop-related issues, please talk to the group leaders first and if you guys reach a decision, they can bring it up in the staffer shack.

D13

Smash Ace
I just realized there are 9 Brawl-related forums. This isn't a big deal, but I feel like it's a bit overboard.

I could be crazy, though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Tell that to everyone talking so much about Brawl, and there being so much to discus! :D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Excuse me but something has been bothering me a lot recently. I dont get why you get the option in your profile to visitor message yourself. Its getting me annoyed because Ive done it like 3 times by accident thinking it was my friends profile page. I think the whole idea of profile visiting yourself is redundant and unnecissary

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Excuse me but something has been bothering me a lot recently. I dont get why you get the option in your profile to visitor message yourself. Its getting me annoyed because Ive done it like 3 times by accident thinking it was my friends profile page. I think the whole idea of profile visiting yourself is redundant and unnecissary

Perhaps to note something incase you forget it later? Or users can use it to set rules Azua on their profile.
I don't really see it as a bad thing. Yeah it can be annoying when you post on your profile but you can always delete it if needed.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was just looking at someones sidegarbage and under their location they had youtube account.

Would it be possible to have a youtube icon or something along with the aim names etc., or down by the player icon so that we could easily try to identify some of the players on boards by their actual play in game?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I am also annoyed at the fact that for example a page says that it has 52 pages and when I click on it it brings me back to the same page meaning that it actually has 50 not 52. You guys gonna fix that?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Old news is old.
VBULLETIN HAS NOT PROVIDED A FIX FOR THIS ERROR. UNTIL THEY DO, PEOPLE CAN MAKE NEW THREADS IF IT BOTHERS THEM THAT BAD.

A youtube icon may be possible, but it's likely that MLG would have to put it there.

D

Deleted member

Since people on this thread tend to ask the same questions over and over, shouldn't we have a Commonly Asked Questions thing at the beginning of the thread?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If godsmith was referring to me, I apologize. I checked through the FAQ, but I didn't think to look through previous pages of this thread.

EDIT: Btw, Frown, my dreams are officially crushed. :bee:

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Since people on this thread tend to ask the same questions over and over, shouldn't we have a Commonly Asked Questions thing at the beginning of the thread?
I'm actually making an entire room for FAQ purposes, with people assigned to it to answer questions. It's just taking FOREVER. :c

LLDL

Smash Hero
Haha, you just ruined your chances.
You probably have to have connections. It doesn't have anything to do with age or sign-up date because there are a couple of mods that are younger and joined later than me. :/ High post count most likely.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
You probably have to have connections. It doesn't have anything to do with age or sign-up date because there are a couple of mods that are younger and joined later than me. :/ High post count most likely.
I would think its more about being an intelligent and active member. Like taking a leadership role in a specific part of the site

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree with dragonblooded. The first example I think of is Spire III in the new Zelda room. He was the most active poster in the old Zelda thread, and was the unofficial leader, even though Skyler started the thread. Then, in the Zelda room, he continued to take on a role as unofficial leader, starting significant threads such as the timeline discussion and the Project Zelda and posting intelligently everywhere else in the room. The frequency and level of his posts were sure to get attention, and once they decided to get a new mod for the room, he was the clear choice.

Also, there has to be a need for a mod for them to choose one. The Zelda room was new, and so needed moderation. Skyler was the mod originally, but once the room was its own, outside of the Light House, maybe they thought it needed its own mod. Or in the User Blogs, Jam Stunna resigned, so they got Teran. It's like a job, there's a limited number of spaces to fill, and they want the most capable people in them.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
That and mods are usually stuck up snots who love to rub it in your face and hate people who realize this. Did I mention they are also corrupt?
If you have issues with moderation, you can post about it in Forum Support. Only admins can see that room.

Top Bottom