• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

M.K

Level 55
Is the ability to upload picture to an album malfunctioning right now? Whenever I try to load a BIN file, it always says "Invalid File"

POKE40

Smash Lord

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And once it does come back, how do we acquire this premium membership?
Donating money (most likely via paypal) The money collected will go towards funding smash tournaments.

there is a problem with the revoulution skin I see the background white and to log in is a pain another thing is these going to get fixed?I also see it like a lo fi version of smashboards in the revolution skin is these going to get fixed?I like the revolution skin better that the one am using.I am using the smash blue one right now
We're not entirely sure what it is. "I think it's actually related to the server somehow. Don't know why it happens or how to fix it, but I think it's on the server side." ~Kiki.

Which means it'll most likely be fixed when we get the long awaited VB upgrade.

Another when I click to input my name it redirects me to the website userstage why?
Also I did scan my computer and found no viruses whats so ever or ad ware so what gives fir the redirect to that website
What?

Small Suggestion : Being able to put Smilies or whatever they're called in your Location
I'll bring it up, but I can see it not being favored if someone decides to spam wide-smileys such as :newbie:

Is the ability to upload picture to an album malfunctioning right now? Whenever I try to load a BIN file, it always says "Invalid File"
Yeah, something else that was broke when we moved to MLG servers. It's on the to-do list for them.

Q: Is anyone experiencing some errors with the board at random times? Using Classic Blue right now.

This is what I get:
Not sure, might be tied to the problem mentioned abouve about Rev style.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Are mods the only people who can embed videos? I'm just wondering how Chaco embedded his Parkour vid. :/

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I'll bring it up, but I can see it not being favored if someone decides to spam wide-smileys such as :newbie:
Couldn't you apply limits to repitition or allow only smilies of specific size or less? Eh, it was only a thought. :)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I have a small question - I sort of want to capitalize the first letter in my username, but there isn't a way to do that, is there?

EDIT: Never mind. I actually like my name not capitalized. :laugh:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Suggestion - When a new member of the site first enters a forum, there could be like a pop-up or flashing notice or whatever giving a link to that Forum's Rules and/or the Global Rules. I just think something like that could be helpful since alot of new members don't read the Stickied threads before posting or they break a rule and then read the rules.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
We're actually working on that right now. It'll be rolled out with the FAQ Room.

flaco

The Terminator
Hello guys mods and admins
I have a suggestion why wont you guys put a chatterbox product inside the admin panel in products for the forum?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
What requirements are there to post a thread in the User Blog, because it says I can't?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
In lack of a better place, I ask this here:

Is it possible to get strikes (i.e. these) and spoilers (
this
) to work in the Social Group messages?
Along with other BB code currently not in use there.

Mota

Urgh also when I subscribe to a thread, does it give me notifications and updates? where and how?

Recent threads I've subscribed to have had new posts in them but there seems to be no notice.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Well, they show up in your User CP main page if there's new posts there.. And I believe you can set it to send you an email either 1) For every post made there 2) Every day if new posts are made or 3) Every week (if new posts are posted).

Personally I don't bother with emails (I only have one because almost every webpage that needs registering require you to give an email address), so I've turned it completely off.

You should check your subscription options (User CP -> Edit options -> "Default thread subscription mode".. If it says "No email notification", then that's why you haven't been notified of the threads you've recently subsrcibed to.... I think.

I could be horribly wrong though.
I also realised just now that you probably knew most of that stuff already. (It's pretty common sense tbh.)

Mota

Lol FinNess that was just the answer I needed.

I moronically assumed that subscribed thread updates would appear in your notices or at least the front page somewhere, to me it seems more practical that way, instead of opening up another page just to see updates...

*facepalm*

Mota

Lolz I'm asking alot of questions, I've heard there's a way you can check the number of times an individual has posted in a particular thread. How ?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In lack of a better place, I ask this here:

Is it possible to get strikes (i.e. these) and spoilers (
this
) to work in the Social Group messages?
Along with other BB code currently not in use there.
That's something that will be added when we get the long awaited forum update.

Curious Question: Does MLG do all the nice updates? I like to see new stuff :bee:

If the question is "Is the MLG responsable for forum updates?" then yes. Do they do them? Well...

Lolz I'm asking alot of questions, I've heard there's a way you can check the number of times an individual has posted in a particular thread. How ?
I think you can see that if at the top of a thread you click "Search this thread" and put in someone's username. I think that should be it.

D13

Smash Ace
I suggest that deleted comments in your profile be completely deleted. Right now, it just leaves a message that says "this comment has been deleted", which kind of defeats the purpose.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
nope lol. It's the same for when you try to delete a comment from a group.

Wow I was meaning to ask that for the loooongest time but I guess I just kept forgetting.

D13

Smash Ace
I just tested it again. What you did must not have worked because I'm still getting those messages.

After hitting the delete button, it goes to a screen with a selected circle that says "Enable soft delete?" and gives you a text box to put a reason for deletion. I think the main problem is that you can't uncheck the soft delete option.

Thanks for the quick action, anyway. I hope this gets fixed soon. :]

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah I think what Air said is true. I see some people delete posts without the message where as some don't.

Weird.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I ****ing hate vbulletin.

Just putting that out there.

Edit:

yep, I just checked. It's not even an option in the usergroup cpanel. Sorry guys :c

Supermod+ have the ability to remove visitor messages as far as the moderator cpanel goes.
I wish VB made sense and would allow people to just physremove their own messages and nobody else's, but it's either all or nothing. :\

Top Bottom