• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The TMNT game most likely won't be very balanced.

Just look at the stages, the like all have walls and are just asking for infinites.

This is just a guess, but I BET there's a bunch of broken techniques.
Please don't make people point out all of Brawl's inescapable chaingrabs.

a sub forum is a little much, this is an SSB forum after all.
We've got a pokemon and F-Zero subforum.

I've suggested it to the Admins, just a matter of what they think.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I never said it was going to be any worse than Brawl, I never even said Brawl is good. Brawl definitely isn't balanced, never said it was.

The thing about Pokemon and F-Zero is that they're both series', TMNT is just one game. Iunno, just my 2 cents.

If there is going to be one, we should at least wait to see what kind of reception the game gets.

M.K

Level 55
If you made a sub-forum for a subpar fighting game with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, wouldn't it be illogical not to make threads for the thousands of other fighting games that hold equal or greater merit than TMNT Smash Up itself?

Alot of game lovers are perfectly content with a thread in the Light House on their favorite game, I'm not sure why we need more than that for a single game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you made a sub-forum for a subpar fighting game with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, wouldn't it be illogical not to make threads for the thousands of other fighting games that hold equal or greater merit than TMNT Smash Up itself?
As has already been siad, the TMNT fighter has a lot of similarities to Smash, more than any other fighter (with the exception of the Jump Super/ultra Stars on DS)

If you don't care about TMNT, then adding an extra room wouldn't affect you in any way.

The idea has been suggested, so lets all just move on. This isn't a debate. Discussion over.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Thanks for bringing it up to them! Got to address this before I leave the thread:

Just look at the stages, the like all have walls and are just asking for infinites.

Unless there's glitches or throw infinites we don't know about (which could be possible), there won't be infinites in this game. That gif explains why.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Can it be made clearer how to join the debate hall? I have no clue how any more.
-There used to be DWYP right?
-theneveryone who requested under "group memberships" was let in.
-Now it's different?

I have no idea how to join, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. But the link off of the main page takes you to http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105232. A 2 year old thread which may or may not be current.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I have a suggestion! A new usergroup, Smash Journalists...

You see how we have commentators at tournaments? Well, we could have people write articles about them as well, and other things. They would have "press passes", meaning they'd have to be able to be trusted, and they could read forums other members can't and release necessary news. Also have things like player profiles, where they analyze certain players who get honorable mention (they could be dead last, but), etc. I think that'd be a fun idea. Press releases, interviews, peeks at preliminary tier lists, possible changes to the boards, etc.

But what do you guys think?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Send him a PM. He had an announcement out for quite a while about content contributors for SWF :p

nickTAS

Smash Rookie
How do you use the chat thing at the top of the website. It sas I need to download something for it to work? help?

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
This site seem is by far one of the best ways to get better at brawl. This is because of the vast amounts of knowledge and information on this site. For any player who wants to get better at the game. This should be their first choice, but I think their is a way to make it better then it is.

I think right now it is kind of confusing to navigate through all the information on this site. I'm not saying the forum is bad or anything. I'm just saying I think their are better ways to organize the guides and stuff. I think it would be great to have a nice place where all the guides where well organized easy to find, and categorized by content. It would be sort of like a wiki, but only authors and moderators could edit content. And content would have to be approved before being allowed to enter. It would have a search button for just looking through that section of the site. Their would be comments like on the blog section of this site. Everything would be user submitted, but it would high quality because of the system. It wouldn't be like a wiki just providing basic information on brawl topics, but it would be in depth. And for any player wanting to get better. It would provide an nice and easy way to find all the information you want.

P.S
I meant just reorganizing the guides and stuff.

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
This site seem is by far one of the best ways to get better at brawl. This is because of the vast amounts of knowledge and information on this site. For any player who wants to get better at the game. This should be their first choice, but I think their is a way to make it better then it is.

I think right now it is kind of confusing to navigate through all the information on this site. I'm not saying the forum is bad or anything. I'm just saying I think their are better ways to organize the guides and stuff. I think it would be great to have a nice place where all the guides where well organized easy to find, and categorized by content. It would be sort of like a wiki, but only authors and moderators could edit content. And content would have to be approved before being allowed to enter. It would have a search button for just looking through that section of the site. Their would be comments like on the blog section of this site. Everything would be user submitted, but it would high quality because of the system. It wouldn't be like a wiki just providing basic information on brawl topics, but it would be in depth. And for any player wanting to get better. It would provide an nice and easy way to find all the information you want.

P.S
I meant just reorganizing the guides and stuff.
Go to GameFAQs.

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
Guides that are accepted and recognized by the majority of the community on this website and people from other websites are stickied which can be located at the top of each board. The boards are also well organized.

M.K

Level 55
Are there any plans to introduce the Character Specific Boards to the Drop Down menu at the bottom of the page? Or maybe a 2nd drop down menu to navigate between characters when you are within the Character Specific Boards?

Sorry, I know it sounds tedious, but it really makes browsing the boards a hassle. There is no easy way of returning to a board from within a thread other than navigating through the Character List again or clicking the back button. It sort of turns me away from them :ohwell: A personal gripe? Probably, but I always thought it was in the works or something...

Gamefaqs and smashwiki are nice, but I was talking about organizing the guides on this site
Oh, I lul'd. xD

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Can there be a new sub-forum for Master Hand?
Seeing as how he's been recently discovered to be a playable character without action replay, he'll be pretty popular in tourneys me thinks. :3 Well not really but, whatevs.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
A thread I made was recently closed. I was told that there was another one just like it, but when I checked I couldn't find it. I clicked on the link to Forum Disputes in the OP of this thread, but it led me to a website suggestions page telling me that the page I was trying to locate couldn't be found.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A thread I made was recently closed. I was told that there was another one just like it, but when I checked I couldn't find it. I clicked on the link to Forum Disputes in the OP of this thread, but it led me to a website suggestions page telling me that the page I was trying to locate couldn't be found.
For the record, that's not really something that needs to get posted in forum support. Send the mod in question a PM saying you can't find it and if they'd be kind enough to give you a link to the thread.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion

Okay I just saw this on another forum, and though it wasn't that big of a feature I thought it was cool anyways.

Basically what it was was when you make a new thread right where you have the thread title. Their was a search button for searching for if that thread has already been made. Once you clicked it you would be presented with a couple of simple options. And then after picking the ones you want a pop-up box would appear and it would show you all the threads that might be the same as the one you want to post.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Is the search broken?

Whenever I try to search, my browser, Firefox 3, whitescreens at http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?do=process. Is there anything I can do, outside of possibly updating to get the search working again?

Also, less seriously, where do we upload stages to the Stage Browser? Is there a button I can't find at stagebrowser.php, or is it somewhere else?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer

Basically what it was was when you make a new thread right where you have the thread title. Their was a search button for searching for if that thread has already been made. Once you clicked it you would be presented with a couple of simple options. And then after picking the ones you want a pop-up box would appear and it would show you all the threads that might be the same as the one you want to post.

That would be cool, but we'd probably need VB updates for that and we're still waiting on mlg tech to do that.

Suggestion:
Having another postbit icon for secondary character.
I think we'd also need mlg tech to do this. :\

Do we really need the 20 seconds between searches rule?

I think this is stupid as well, but I can see how having 100 people searching every 5 seconds would slow the site down. Really sucks when you typo your search and have to go back though >>

Suggestion: Having separate postbit Icons for Melee and Brawl Characters.

I hate the fact that my post has Brawl Falcon under it <_>
Could be a possibility, but again, I think the tech team has to do this.

Is the search broken?

Whenever I try to search, my browser, Firefox 3, whitescreens at http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?do=process. Is there anything I can do, outside of possibly updating to get the search working again?
You can't link to search results, but the search feature can be buggy sometimes.

Also, less seriously, where do we upload stages to the Stage Browser? Is there a button I can't find at stagebrowser.php, or is it somewhere else?
I think the stage browser is broken, and guess who would have to fix it? :\

Suggestion: Increase the amount of Pokemon icons from 99 to the whole 151?
We've dicussed this before and it's a possibility, but not on our priority list considering we haven't had any vb updates for months.

how do you join these user group
Workshop Back Roomers
Users with access to the Workshop Back Room
You'd have to talk to either Yeroc or Almas. They are in charge of that group.

Frown

poekmon
Suggestion: An option that instantly lists all your posts in a certain thread.

Could be another option under the "Search this thread" bar. I know that I could just search for my own username, but this would probably be pretty easy to add in case MLG ever decides to do it.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Click search this thread and then hit search by username.

I'm not exactly sure how we could make that easier.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just curious, when can we expect the next VB update?

Who would be able to implement it (by which I mean, who is the "tech team")?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
The tech team is a group of people who work for MLG and have server access.

and I wish I could tell you when we can expect updates. :\

Top Bottom