• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Can something be done about smashwiki?

Cause like, it's just outright lame now. I donno. It bothers me.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
The request thing is still there from the way they used to do things. Now it's just based on suggestions/ voting in the broom itself.

Victra: feel free to fix the wiki yourself :D

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Can something be done about smashwiki?

Cause like, it's just outright lame now. I donno. It bothers me.
Yeah, I don't really know how to respond to this. We don't host the wiki anymore, so anything you'd want to see changed/improved about it you'd have to do yourself or take up with the people over there.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Victra: feel free to fix the wiki yourself :D
Then have it deleted or re-edited by one of those sysops. QQ I heard Amorasaki tried to make his own profile but got shut down for not being notable by one of the sysops, which to my understanding, is some kid.

I miss the good old times with nealdt and maskedmarth. I don't really care enough to take it to them. ):

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
What can you expect, it's pretty much being run by people who play jiggs FFA with Rest as the only move. They no nothing about the competitive aspect of smash which smashwiki used to be as a way to allow newer players to learn about this and that.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There's a special character he put before the R that made him climb the list, or something. Old internet trick that I never really figured out how to work.

flaco

The Terminator
I know these is off topic but answer me these question

tell me if am wrong

is true that everybody is titled to their own opinion?

Scott!

Smash Lord
I was wondering, where did the Pool Room and Light House get their names? For the longest time, I didn't get what they were for because of their odd names, and I still don't see the connection between light houses and video game discussions.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
is true that everybody is titled to their own opinion?
Yes.

However they are not entitled to share their opinion if it's offensive, and opinions CAN actually be wrong.

Gender in the postbit I could see potentially being a pain, but it does have some merit, so I'll suggest it.

Not sure Scott!, was before my time.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I understand that MLG made the servers better which is why this place isn't constantly crashing anymore but my question is how exactly did they do so? Is it that they simply upgraded the site to the latest version of vBulletin or did they do anything particularly special?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
They didn't make them better, we just switched to better ones. [Citation Needed]

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
What shirts?

I have an awesome Broomer T-shirt. ^^

It's not embarrassing to walk around with a giant purple grimer on you. Not at all. :)

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible to add a show all post button for threads.
So instead of having to flip through bunches of pages. When trying to catch up on the activity of an old thread. All you would have to do is click the button, and it would show every post for that thread on a single page.

Also a customizable homepage that would show the latest post in your picked rooms would be pretty cool too.

Pi

Smash Hero
On topic guys.
What a shockingly appropriate name/post o_o
Also, you can't have that many posts, 2147483647!
Lol at your 4

You should consider doing those shirts again, the site has grown immensely since the release of brawl, although it seems to have lost some of it's catch phrases, perhaps a different direction with shirts is in order
Maybe one with samus, and melee, and no brawl, or something, just throwin out some ideas here :chuckle:

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Please add TMNT Smash Up forum(s)!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...50526?type=flv

That's the first gameplay footage I've seen from the E3 showfloor. The game is essentially a Smash Bros sequel with Turtles instead of Nintendo mainstays. And it's by GameArts, the core studio who made Smash Bros Brawl.

I'd love a TMNT Smash Up subforum here for a many reasons. But mainly it comes down to having the community here get involved just like they did with Brawl/Melee - speculating, finding techniques, talking character strategies, maybe even having a tournament scene for it down the line, etc.

Without the Smash Boards community's participation, Smash Up's going to have a slow start in those regards. Which would be sad, especially if it ultimately turns out to be more polished and balanced than Brawl.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Would it be possible to add a show all post button for threads.
So instead of having to flip through bunches of pages. When trying to catch up on the activity of an old thread. All you would have to do is click the button, and it would show every post for that thread on a single page.

Also a customizable homepage that would show the latest post in your picked rooms would be pretty cool too.
I've heard back from the admins and it's not likely to happen. It'd be pretty tricky to set up and it would also be rather draining on SWF's bandwidth. However there's this Firefox adon that can do it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4925

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Please add TMNT Smash Up forum(s)!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...50526?type=flv

That's the first gameplay footage I've seen from the E3 showfloor. The game is essentially a Smash Bros sequel with Turtles instead of Nintendo mainstays. And it's by GameArts, the core studio who made Smash Bros Brawl.

I'd love a TMNT Smash Up subforum here for a many reasons. But mainly it comes down to having the community here get involved just like they did with Brawl/Melee - speculating, finding techniques, talking character strategies, maybe even having a tournament scene for it down the line, etc.

Without the Smash Boards community's participation, Smash Up's going to have a slow start in those regards. Which would be sad, especially if it ultimately turns out to be more polished and balanced than Brawl.
I'd definitely wait until it comes out before we do anything of the sort. Even then, it's like having a Street Fighter forum adding a forum for every other 2D fighter out there, just because they're the same genre. So even if it does turn out to be similar, I think the odds of us adding a forum for it would be unlikely.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lol, I was about to request the same. Had a request, too, lol:

Anyways, myself and multiple others believe that TMNT: Smash Up has the potential to be a far better competitive fighting game than Brawl is. Everything we've seen up until now shows the effort being put into making the game fair and competitive.

I believe that Smashboards should recognize this and create a section for TMNT: Smash Up. The possibilities for this game and the possibilities for this game dragging in new members are wildly high. To create a completely new competitive scene that so far no other board has done so far would be quite the step forward.

Should this community fail, I will take all responsibility upon myself for its failure. This game is exactly what Smashboards needs. While we don't need more game wars, this game so far seems to have potential for universal agreement on, minus the assorted Nintendo characters, of course.

So my request is, for the entire board, and not just myself, is that you authorize the creation of this community here. Should you deny this request, I would at least ask for a response to this request.

Thank you for your time,
-Andrew
Yeah... but we can't compare it to Street Fighter because of the sheer amount of similiar games. This is the first non-Smash yet Smash-like game.

The point of a section is to broaden Smashboards' horizons and add a new game to our repertoire, one that is already having an effort to be competitive, and drag in new members. The game is already taking some pretty serious measures and can invite new people to the boards. With the amount of people who already want the game, seeing as it seems more competitive and gives Turtles fans quite a bit, while offering some slight gameplay similarities to a familiar game (Smash), then what would happen to this community's active members should a new community come up? This isn't like BlazBlue or other games. People will go to a game far more familiar to them and more competitively likable. BlazBlue and others are used to tell people "if you really want a more competitive game", whereas the more similar game would be liked easier and better. I ask you to strongly consider this proposal.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
No, but that is because they are for two different things; AiB - Seems more like Networking, SWF - Everything else.

EDIT: And, since they're both about Brawl, you can traverse between both easily.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I'd definitely wait until it comes out before we do anything of the sort. Even then, it's like having a Street Fighter forum adding a forum for every other 2D fighter out there, just because they're the same genre. So even if it does turn out to be similar, I think the odds of us adding a forum for it would be unlikely.
These are the "Smash"boards right? Why wouldn't "Smash Up" fit?

The title's hardly the biggest reason. It's the fact that Smash Up is being developed by core Brawl team and is drawing on similar mechanics. If that wasn't the case, and this was just a me-too SSB knock-off by some other developer, I'd totally agree with you. But it's not.

Would it be out of place for a Street Fighter forum have a Marvel vs Capcom section? No. Considering both the heritage and mechanics, I don't see how having Smash Up forum(s) here would be much different.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
With the amount of people who already want the game, seeing as it seems more competitive and gives Turtles fans quite a bit, while offering some slight gameplay similarities to a familiar game (Smash), then what would happen to this community's active members should a new community come up?
This is a good point as well. Should this game be more competitively viable than Brawl is, there's only two possible end results without subforums here:

1) People leave the Brawl scene by the masses, and run to some other Smash (Up) community that actually accommodates the game.

or

2) A central Smash Up community won't be established, and there won't be a vibrant Smash Up scene. Which would be extremely disappointing to me (and many others) if it is better balanced and more fun.

I wouldn't like to see either happen personally.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
The TMNT game most likely won't be very balanced.

Just look at the stages, the like all have walls and are just asking for infinites.

This is just a guess, but I BET there's a bunch of broken techniques.

It might be balanced, I dunno, but a sub forum is a little much, this is an SSB forum after all.

Top Bottom