• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Click on "go advanced" in the reply feature, and click "more" on the smiley tab.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
We've pretty much run out of colors that aren't similar :(

not to mention we'd have to make an entire other usergroup. that needs to be avoided if possible.

Frown

poekmon
Suggestion: Ability to search for short words
Suggestion: Ability to search for commonly used words
Suggestion: Ability to search for posts made from [date] to [date]
Suggestion: Ability to list more than 500 results while searching
Suggestion: Ability to search for exact phrases

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
Is there a light that goes off somewhere that alerts all moderators when I make a post? Because my topics seem to get closed really fast.

flaco

The Terminator
I am sorry but I know these is not webmd but I need your guys help I am really sick

I got a fever of 105F
chronic cough
body aches
runy nose Do I need to go to the hospital
I also get seizures

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Flaco you've been here long enough and been told at least once that this is a Q&S for the FORUM.

And yes, if you're sick go to the doctors. Same way you go to the dentist if your teeth hurt or the optometrist if you cant see well.

Suggestion: Ability to search for short words
Suggestion: Ability to search for commonly used words
Suggestion: Ability to search for posts made from [date] to [date]
Suggestion: Ability to list more than 500 results while searching
Suggestion: Ability to search for exact phrases
Kiki has just bumped up the search time/results to 15 seconds/1000 max results. Changing the minimum character limit requires we rebuild the entire search index, which is incredibly time consuming and if i remember right, requires a fair bit of forum downtime.

No idea about number 3 or 5 but I'll check with kiki.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
How do I get certain details from My Details to show up on my profile? Like My Biography.

Actually, I have another question as well. If I were to get an infraction, would I be able to tell, and is there a place to view infractions I've got?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
shared ownership of a thread would be a good idea if its not too diff to do.

is that possible?

for threads such as pr placement, would it be possible to add an option where only certain ppl could post or is that pretty much the same way groups work?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Not possible.

Smashbrosmelee is .... down, I guess. That's another "MLG tech has to do it" thing.

You can get your details to show up by typing something in that field, and you can view your infractions under your User CP or your own profile, AFAIK.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but. Was the premium memberships idea a flop? Or are they still in the works?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Is there any way a sub forum could be created where only users over the age of 18 can discuss "adult topics"?

Its kinda annoying because alot of people here would be great to have certain discussions with,but since alot of kids are involved in this site it stops what may be considered "inappropriate conversation"

It could be like the SBR/debate hall where you have to be accepted in.Or it could just go on users age.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think that was suggested before but it was rejected. I forget what the reason was.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
But then why does the artwork,forum games,debate hall,pool room,poke center,media metropolis etc exist?

Most of them have little or nothing to do with Smash brothers....

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
My point was that we have a lot of minors because of the game itself.

Making a room and having it use birth date wouldn't work - anyone with a brain can fake their age on the internet.

If you're thinking of an invite room where people are able to discuss more "mature" topics, that would be The Back Room.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
How do you get into that?

I though that was for "elite smashers" etc
No. No no no no no NO NO NO NO NON O NO NO NO NAONOANOANFHDSFHHDSAFLASJDF;ADSFNONON ONONONONONO

*pant*

No.

I get many, many requests to join the BRoom that lavish me with one's genius of everything Smash, from memorization of invincibility frames to one's accomplishments in the tourney scene. Rest assured I'm incredibly impressed and so forth, but the Back Room has nothing to do with Smash, at all.

The Back Room is like a better Pool Room where people who have been noticed around the boards as intelligent, funny, or preferably some combination of the two can join together to talk about more "mature" (I use the term loosely as we goof around a lot) topics and not worry about trolls and generally uncouth types. The room is invite-only for a reason -- the BRoom forges close bonds over a period of years that have lots of people divulging personal information, photographs, and other things they wouldn't want to share with the mostly faceless entity of most of the boards. The invite-only nature also keeps the room generally having an intelligent/humorous/both atmosphere.

Which means there's no way to "get in". It's like becoming a moderator -- the more you inquire about it, the less likely it becomes. Think of it like the movie Fight Club. You're not going to be able to find a Fight Club, but some guys that frequent the bar you work at as a bouncer that think you look like you'd be cool may one day invite you. Just be casual and hope you're noticed. We can smell forced coolness from Switzerland.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I've got a suggestion if it hasn't already been mentioned - On that big list of active users at the bottom of the Home Page, there could be a different way to find currently active Friends. Like, right now, there's a little plus sign next to their name that can be hard to find by a glance; what about a certain colour instead? Like (unless these colours already exist) yellow, or hot pink, or whatevs. Or it could also be like flickering on and off or something like that.

I dunno.... just a thought.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I've got a suggestion if it hasn't already been mentioned - On that big list of active users at the bottom of the Home Page, there could be a different way to find currently active Friends. Like, right now, there's a little plus sign next to their name that can be hard to find by a glance; what about a certain colour instead? Like (unless these colours already exist) yellow, or hot pink, or whatevs. Or it could also be like flickering on and off or something like that.

I dunno.... just a thought.
On the Smash blue and Classic blue skin there's an thing that you can click under "Quick Links" that says "Open Contacts Popup". It lets you see all the people on your friend list that's online and offline.

I couldn't find one on Revolution skin though.

flaco

The Terminator
there is a problem with the revoulution skin I see the background white and to log in is a pain another thing is these going to get fixed?I also see it like a lo fi version of smashboards in the revolution skin is these going to get fixed?I like the revolution skin better that the one am using.I am using the smash blue one right now

edit

Another when I click to input my name it redirects me to the website userstage why?
Also I did scan my computer and found no viruses whats so ever or ad ware so what gives fir the redirect to that website

Top Bottom