• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

flaco

The Terminator
ok well back to topic

I would give a suggestion now that we have premium back

is there anyway to pay for it either that paypal?I rather pay by my credit card could these be a payable choice in time?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
That and mods are usually stuck up snots who love to rub it in your face and hate people who realize this. Did I mention they are also corrupt?
I think the mods do a pretty good job, and this site would be a wreck without them. It would be an honor to be chosen as a mod-Dont hate

I must have missed it then, are premium memberships back up and running? IS that where all the pranked colors have been coming from?

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
The "Is Something Bothering You" Thread won't work for me, like it loads the first page and I click go to last page and it won't ever load, and also if I click the last button before I go into the thread it doesn't work for me. Every other thread works. I've had this problem for a while now too.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I have a suggestion.

I'm seeing rooms dedicated to The Legend Of Zelda series, Pokemon, F-Zero, but not one for the Mario franchise, undeniably the most important and biggest one of all?

I think the amount of gaming titles related to Mario and Co. are substantial in numbers, and are popular enough to warrant it's very own Board.

I also think a Mario/Luigi player should Moderate the room. It does make sense and would fit the atmosphere, I suppose. But this is optional, lol.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I have a suggestion.

I'm seeing rooms dedicated to The Legend Of Zelda series, Pokemon, F-Zero, but not one for the Mario franchise, undeniably the most important and biggest one of all?

I think the amount of gaming titles related to Mario and Co. are substantial in numbers, and are popular enough to warrant it's very own Board.

I also think a Mario/Luigi player should Moderate the room. It does make sense and would fit the atmosphere, I suppose. But this is optional, lol.
A Mario related sub-forum? I'm not sure they'll approve of this idea, but I wholeheartedly agree that it would be a welcomed addition. But that's just my bias for all things Mario.

Though I think they'll get complaints about not making forums for different franchises, once this trend continures.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Though I think they'll get complaints about not making forums for different franchises, once this trend continures.
Well, the Admins/Mods could implement a rule stating the franchise has to be popular and mainstream enough to warrant it's own Board.

And I'm sure they'll be realistic. I think a Mario Sub-Board would be a terrific idea.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I know is paypal but I mean is there are another way to pay for it?
Whenever a business accepts PayPal, it accepts credit/debit cards too. It does not require a PayPal account to make the payment. What other payment methods are you hoping for? Check? Money order?

I have a suggestion.

It is worth investigating for sure. I just know that the Zelda room came about from a Zelda thread that was gigantic and was consistently active. On top of that, it contained probably a dozen sub-topics inside.

I do not know much about the current state of affairs regarding Mario game threads, but rooms don't come about just because they are popular/mainstream (though that is a strong supporting factor). We'll see what happens.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If it helps, I support the Mario Bros board idea. And I don't think it'll start a trend of asking for more boards, Zelda and Mario are probably one of the biggest Nintendo related franchises along with Smash...I can't see a board dedicated to like...Donkey Kong, lol.

Frown

poekmon
If it helps, I support the Mario Bros board idea. And I don't think it'll start a trend of asking for more boards, Zelda and Mario are probably one of the biggest Nintendo related franchises along with Smash...I can't see a board dedicated to like...Donkey Kong, lol.
Actually, it goes...

1. Mario
2. Pokémon (and we have that one)
3. Zelda (this one too)
4. Donkey Kong

So, if we go by sales and do get a Mario section, we will need a Donkey Kong forum before we need any other Nintendo forum.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I made a blog about this not too long ago before I knew of this thread but now that I do, I'll repost my suggestion.

Well, I'll be blunt. The lack of Melee style heads has been bothering me a bit. I'm talking about the little heads next to people's names that signify their mains in case you don't know, for some odd reason.

It's just that quite a few character heads look a lot different in Melee than they do in Brawl.

Examples: Falco, Fox, Ganon

So if someone preferred the Melee Falco head (Mohawk) to the Brawl Falco head (scouter) then they could use that one.

I'm not exactly a whiz with technology but it couldn't take that much work to add in the remaining Melee heads like you did with the Melee exclusive characters. Could it?

I'm pretty sure many people would appreciate the added selection for the Character Icons.

If one of you higher ups see this and actually bother reading all this then thanks.

-stabbedbyanipple

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Two problems with Melee icons: one is that we can't upload them to the server because MLG tech hasn't given us access to (and no, asking them to do it for us won't work, sadly). Two is that I don't have the Melee stock icons (the ones we do have someone sent, but they aren't directly from the game and the quality is meh), which we'd obviously need in order to let you choose them.

D

Deleted member

The site is white. All skins. Please tell me this is fixable.

On second thought, if the MLG techs have to fix it, I guess it'll never be fixed.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Hello. I used to be pretty active on this site, and I ran a thread called the SWF GYM: For the Health of Smash a while back. It got to be pretty popular and the expected number of people joining got to be way to much for me to handle. Then a family emergency happened so I've been on a 6 month hiatus. Is it alright if I recreate this thread in a more controlled and organized fashion? (and close the last one)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, server's been a bit wonky last day or so, not sure why, could just be server stress.

Tiger: Go for it

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The skin turning white is a result of the server failing to properly serve up the CSS file (the stylesheet). Nothing is really being changed at the moment. The servers are just... well, sucking.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Upload one through your user cp. You can have a non-animated avatar up to 100x100 pixels.

M.K

Level 55
Whoo, thanks. I didn't like most of the given avatars.

What are people like :mad: moderators of?

Edit 2: The user, not the smiley.
:mad: is a moderator of Brawl Character Discussion --> "Mario".
If you need a reference, just go to the forum list and at the bottom, click "Forum Leaders".

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Two ones from me today, out of curiosity:

1. What powers do senators have that SMods don't?
We have the same abilities as Smods, but we also do things such as discus rule changes and other things like being in charge the Discussion Leaders, looking for potential new rooms/removing old ones and so forth

2. Does this forum engine support JavaScript?
No clue.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have a question. What makes a new skin? Like for example I use smash blue (yay I can see all of the sigs now) but there are other ones like revolution white. What are the requirements for a new skin? Just totally out of curiosity

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic, I've never had Promite but everyone tells me it's better than vegemite, discuss.
Promite and Marmite are what mongrels eat.

Roacher, as far as I'm aware there aren't any requirements to use any of the forum skins, with the exception of one that's still being bug tested (reffered to many as the "mod skin"

Top Bottom