• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Protip: If you're gonna play an April Fool's joke on someone by highlighting their name red to think they're mod, I suggest that you guys try not to let the site be down for most of the day so said victim can get the joke sooner. o.o

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I'm curious to see if the title actually goes away on its own. I'm really hoping so or that's a lot of work for me to fix.

It should go away when someone posts again. *crosses fingers*

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It was an April fools joke.
WAS is past tense. The colors were reset but the titles were not.
I'm curious to see if the title actually goes away on its own. I'm really hoping so or that's a lot of work for me to fix.

It should go away when someone posts again. *crosses fingers*
well I hope the same for you as well.
*crosses fingers also*

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Is there a reason why the site keeps crashing? I haven't been able to log on for most of today and yesterday, and it still goes whack on every ninth or tenth page I visit.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
We just transferred servers and are working out some bugs with it. Considering today was easter weekend, no one notified the person that was able to fix the site that it was down in the first place :p

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i searched this thread, but couldnt find the answer.

there's an option on user profile that is for albums, but they have to be a brawl snapshot/.bin. i have some photographs from a tourney i hosted and am planning on documenting my future tournaments, it'd be cool to have an album people could visit to see pics.

is there any way to make something like this?

should i start a thread in my regional area and simply bump it after each tourney?

Frown

poekmon
i searched this thread, but couldnt find the answer.

there's an option on user profile that is for albums, but they have to be a brawl snapshot/.bin. i have some photographs from a tourney i hosted and am planning on documenting my future tournaments, it'd be cool to have an album people could visit to see pics.

is there any way to make something like this?
No, you can only allowed to upload snapshots, and for a reason. If we were able to upload any pics, moderators would have to accept every single one that was uploaded (in order to filter suggestive content), which might be tiresome for a forum with over 150,000 members.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
No, you can only allowed to upload snapshots, and for a reason. If we were able to upload any pics, moderators would have to accept every single one that was uploaded (in order to filter suggestive content), which might be tiresome for a forum with over 150,000 members.
that makes sense...thnx
luvs me some mod <3 lul :laugh:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I think the site should be more enthusiastic when I log in. Like, instead of "welcome, so-and-so," it should say something like "hey! Glad you logged in! Enjoy your time! :D" and the text should be rainbow with multiple smilies at the end.

:bee:

cutter

Smash Champion
I think the site should be more enthusiastic when I log in. Like, instead of "welcome, so-and-so," it should say something like "hey! Glad you logged in! Enjoy your time! :D" and the text should be rainbow with multiple smilies at the end.

:bee:
I'm quite certain that comes from the vBulletin software, because I'm active on a few other forums that also use vBulletin and they have the same message at the top "Welcome, User X."

Although I don't want to see rainbow text and multiple smilies. That would get really annoying, really fast for someone like me.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It sounds like you will either be bored or annoyed.

either way its for a short period of time, and if you stay logged in you could avoid both situations for the most part.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i read posts about a possible 'school thread'--related to school stuff.

i think it was a higher up who mentioned making it.

is there one?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i read posts about a possible 'school thread'--related to school stuff.

i think it was a higher up who mentioned making it.

is there one?
I'm not sure, and since search is down, I've got no way of saying wether it does or not. Just make a thread and we'll merge it later or something.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I do remember a thread (by Azua?) collecting people's opinions on a school related forum area.
I was all for it.

D20

Smash Lord
I just want to say that the MLG Live Feed is extremely annoying. There should be a separate thread for it or something.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
MLG runs this **** now, nothing you can do about it.

But I concur.

Worst part about it, they cant get rights to stream it, while since we (TO's) dont make profit, stream all day.

lmao sakuri +1

cutter

Smash Champion
Worst part about it, they cant get rights to stream it, while since we (TO's) dont make profit, stream all day.
Preach it, brother.

It just goes to show how much we truly love the game. As someone who plays Smash and MTG, I have been quite well-exposed to a community that is grass roots and another that is structurally run and sanctioned by a company that publishes/creates the game and "patches" it on a consistent basis to maintain healthy competitive play.

And on that note, I too concur in being tired of the fact that every time I load a page, the MLG "livestream" is right on top automatically loading with a torrent of comments from Facebook. -_-

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
IIRC classic/smash blue dont have it there. or if you're using firefox you can adblock it

edit to confirm classic/smash blue do not have the mlg thing on it, so just switch to that if it bugs you that much.

cutter

Smash Champion
IIRC classic/smash blue dont have it there. or if you're using firefox you can adblock it

edit to confirm classic/smash blue do not have the mlg thing on it, so just switch to that if it bugs you that much.
Just letting you know, I'm running Firefox with Adblock right now... and that does not work to get rid of it.

It's only for a few days though. I should be able to put up with it for the time being, especially since I'll be out and about for most of the weekend.

Top Bottom