• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Just letting you know, I'm running Firefox with Adblock right now... and that does not work to get rid of it.

It's only for a few days though. I should be able to put up with it for the time being, especially since I'll be out and about for most of the weekend.
If you're still having these problems even with ABP, try installing No-Script.

Well the learning curve is high for the first two weeks or so, once you get it, you'll wonder how you ever surfed without it. ;)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
No script works decently for getting rid of the box on the top. At least deactivates it.

Id have to disable more to see if it disappears but I dont care as much anymore.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, me and my brother are looking for another game for the wii and we are stuck and want yal to choose for us lol. The options are monster hunter tri, legend of zelda twilight princess and any final fantasy game (were new to FF so were not sure which to get)

Alright so out of them 3 were thinking monster hunter tri because me and him could both play. But we want to know if the zelda game or FF game would be better?

Frown

poekmon
Hey everyone, me and my brother are looking for another game for the wii and we are stuck and want yal to choose for us lol. The options are monster hunter tri, legend of zelda twilight princess and any final fantasy game (were new to FF so were not sure which to get)

Alright so out of them 3 were thinking monster hunter tri because me and him could both play. But we want to know if the zelda game or FF game would be better?
This thread is for questions regarding the site.

This thread should be good for your questions: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72357

flaco

The Terminator
I know these ia a gaming board but we should put new forums

like medical quesitons medical discussion ect

what you think

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
People should not be asking people who play videogames medical questions. No. Horrible, horrible idea.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i was replying to a private message(this has happened twice when trying to reply) and instead of sending the reply with the message, it simply resent the message--no reply.

not only have i had people ask if i meant to do that, but ive also received private messages like this.

also, why are some of the blog threads not working? it just says 'fatal connection' or something like that.

Frown

poekmon
i was replying to a private message(this has happened twice when trying to reply) and instead of sending the reply with the message, it simply resent the message--no reply.
Have you asked recipient if he/she got the PM? There's an option that saves a copy of your sent PMs.

also, why are some of the blog threads not working? it just says 'fatal connection' or something like that.
It's probably due to the fact that the Blogs section is actually not located on the boards, but in the Smash News tab. I'm assuming MLG haven't got the function that redirects the blogs to the boards to work after the site moved to new servers.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
PM--yes, i asked them and most of the time the PMs go through, but recently they havent, i checked my sent PMs and there were no replies sent with those messages.

ive gotten two PMs and assumed they were quoting my original statement for emphasis on agreement, but later found out that they had sent replies.

i get emails from swf for PMs and i noticed that the replies do appear in the email, even though they do not appear in the sent PM--have you heard anything of this happening from others?

blog--makes sense...any guesstimate on time? just curious.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Blogs: No idea yet, hopefully soon.

As for the PM issue, that doesn't sound good. I'll bring that up with the devs, thanks. Any chance you can give aprox time/dates that the stuffed up PM's were sent?

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Blogs: No idea yet, hopefully soon.

As for the PM issue, that doesn't sound good. I'll bring that up with the devs, thanks. Any chance you can give aprox time/dates that the stuffed up PM's were sent?
aprox dates? yes, but does that mean you can/will go into them?

^i doubt that's the case; and they arent bad, i just feel like PMs should be a place where you can keep private.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
It would be very difficult to investigate why the contents of your PMs aren't displaying properly without looking at the content of the PMs in question, or at least being able to consistently reproduce the error. For starters, we can't even narrow down where this bug might be--if the message is being stored in the DB correctly, then we know it's a display issue, but if it's not then there's something wrong with saving the PM to the DB.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i dont want to sound like a douche for saying that i dont want mods in my PMs-but, yeah, i dont want mods in my private messages.

i will ask the person again to whom i sent one if they dont mind, if they have no objections, then i will give you the PM...but this person is, lol, not one to say yes to, ITO--" infringements on their rights."

and i must admit, i am hesitant also.

*getting in touch with recipient*

edit:
talk about just sayin no! this girl is bent on the fact that PMs are private; 10 min where i swear she didnt even take a breath!
if it happens with a different recipient i will send it to you...she's a little pretentious.
which admin/mod should i send it to if it occurs again?

flaco

The Terminator
I got a big Problem

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched

what these?

update

I also get these sometimes while in the brawl threads

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\smashboards.com\httpdocs\gathering\i ncludes\functions_search.php on line 197

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I got a big Problem

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched

what these?

update

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\smashboards.com\httpdocs\gathering\i ncludes\functions_search.php on line 197
I would venture to say that this is the crashboards just acting up.

Sometimes I get similar text, especially on the UB for a while (hitherto they were fixed).

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Sorry.

Most competitive players get mad because they put a lot of effort into what they are doing and aren't satisfied with the results. Unfortunately...we are cursed to have emotions and some people have trouble controlling there emotions. Everyone has a form of expression but, the way it's expressed depends on the person. God Kais....

Oh and I'm super duper late... but, I never got the chance to say congrats to Esam. Good Job...
Though Anther is still number 1..... God Kais!!!
God Kais Baby. If anyone were to take that best peach in the mw title from KB it would be Ironboots (Nicole). She is disgustingly good. Plus she has a (V word) so it makes it even more remarkable.
loooooooooooooool god kais lololololololololol

EDIT: In all seriousness the God Kais are pretty good (by pretty good I mean really good), I didn't know they played with a Mario main though.
God kais, god kais, god kais!
I thought it might be a reference to some video game or anime, but I've only ever seen it on Smashboards.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Would the staff ever consider purging old/abandoned users so that their usernames become available to newer/current people?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There we go

Would the staff ever consider purging old/abandoned users so that their usernames become available to newer/current people?
Unlikely, as doing so would screw a lot with the ID numbers of users. think of it as an electronic game of Jenga.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Unlikely, as doing so would screw a lot with the ID numbers of users. think of it as an electronic game of Jenga.
Hasn't this been done on some other vb forum before?

I am definitely certain that I have seen it done before (I don't think it was a vb forum though.)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Would it be possible to change the usernames and put them in some sort of alphanumeric ordering that would clearly indicate that they had been "purged"

It is more work and dont really know how much value it has but it would free up some names.

Possibly just take requests if a particular name is unavailable and somebody wants it.(lol dont know how they would contact you unless thru a friend but yea)

flaco

The Terminator
I got a big Problem

what these?

update

wth I keep getting these problem omg

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
can groups that don't have custom avatars be given some default avatar? Linking using the description of the group is gross

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It seems that Classic Blue is the only (not counting specials) skin that shows the question mark icon/avatar. Revo and Smash Blue don't show anything, just the description.

Top Bottom